This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Tradeskill Guide 2.0

This guide is now OUTDATED. Please check the stickied guide at the top of this forum for the most recent version. -- Kyroskrane

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?p=180920
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 12-13-2007, 11:47 AM.
    Expert Artisan Secone Iceskimo of Antonius Bayle
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    My Complete Tradeskill Guide 3.0
    (300 Brewer +15%) (300 Jewler+12%) (300 Baker) (300 Potter+12%)
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3
    Fumlefingre (286)+8% Tinker
    Snigemorder (300)+15% Poisonmaker

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?p=180920
    Last edited by Secone; 04-05-2006, 01:56 AM.
    70 Paladin of Tunare
    (286 Fletcher, Mastery1+8%) (300 Smith, Mastery3+12%) (253 Tailor+8%) (200 Fisher)
    Salvage3

Comment

I'd comment as follows:

Baking, after 192 I would move on to GoD Tuna and Crab recipes. With the new vegetable recipe making these recipes much easier for non-foragers the effort to fish for crab and tuna is significantly eaiser than the hours of mammoth meat and brownie parts farming that HMP's and Holy Cakes require.

Tinkering - BAH, don't waste good coiled springs on propulsion units. What a waste of good money and parts. As soon as you get to 122 move straight to making Geerlok Sculpting Tools to get to 215. The Darkclaw Claws are very easy to farm in Shadeweavers and you will get much more skillup attempts for your cash. Scuplting tools are the cheapest geerlok and the easiest to farm parts for, just stick with them and keep churning them out. Brewing geerloks are also popular but I don;t recommend them as you have to go buy the still parts in SH where the sculpting parts can all be bought in PoK. Save all your coiled springs for collapsibles which will make you money instead of costing you money.

Brewing - I went the Brut Champagne route and at first I too thought it was more expensive until I looked at the most expensive parts.

1) Price of Yarrow for Kaladim Constitutional = 26pp each
      2) Price of Opal and Gold Bar for Magnum = 27pp each

So long as you can get the gold enchanted cheaply and you make the magnums yourself then the cost difference per skillup attempt is not as wide as it would appear. When you take into account the fact that parts for Kaladims include ground spawns while Brut Champagne is all vendor bought I consider that makes Brut Champagne a better route especially for races that would find getting into Kaladim rather..... hectic.
      Last edited by Kakg; 03-03-2005, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Good points there, thx.

Regarding the Yarrow, its fermitated to 6 so thats 26/6= 4.33pp per combine
        70 Paladin of Tunare
        Salvage3

Comment

Originally posted by Secone
          Good points there, thx.

Regarding the Yarrow, its fermitated to 6 so thats 26/6= 4.33pp per combine

Crud, hadn't spotted that - good point.

Comment

Thanks for the updated TS guide, I know it's been a big help to me.

One thing I noticed though, the link for Unfired Large Bowls (pottery section) takes me to Unfired Medium Bowls. (That or my browser is being a pain again).

Comment

Steel Guardian Arrows not just for Halflings!

Alternative path to 300 for Halflings:
              Steel Guardian Arrows
              Ok, I've commented on this before, but I have to ask... in what way is this a halfling alternative? Remember, not all halflings follow Karanas, not all Karanas followers have a respectable amount of foot hair.

Only followers of Karanas can make the fletching kit, regardless of race. That could limit this alternative to Karanas followers. I think that's probably what Sony intended, since the fletching kit is no drop. That would limit it to Karanas followers including many human druids and rangers, but excluding a halfling rogue stealing for Bristlebane.

The Surefall Fletching Kit Token is tradable. That either opens it to everyone or still leaves it just Karanas. Having a tradable token for a NO DROP container sounds buggy, so you might want to ignore it.

How is this in anyway limited to halflings? Is there something missing from the database to say these combines are restricted to halflings? I think tonight I should pass a Surefall Fletching Kit Token to my erudite cleric of Quellious. If she can do the combine, wouldn't that show that EVERYONE can take that route to 300?

Thanks for the great guide, btw! We use it frequently for all kinds of tradeskills.

UPDATE
              I just posted a message in the database update area. My cleric could not do the combine and the message specificly said the problem was diety. I would expect it to be the same message regardless of race. So the skillup path using Steel Guardian Arrows is Karana only.
              Last edited by Neebat; 03-10-2005, 02:03 PM. Reason: Reporting result of in-game test
              I tried combining Celestial Solvent, a Raw Rough Hide, Rough Hide Solution and a Skinning Knife. But the result was such an oxymoron, it opened a rift into another universe. I fell through into one of Nodyin's spreadsheets and was slain by a misplaced decimal.

Comment

Changed to karana followers, thx.
                70 Paladin of Tunare
                Salvage3

Comment

For pottery, would the alchemy bottles be easier? Looks like they from are vendor sold stuff plus a single foraged component. While most shaman can't forage, most foraged stuff shows up in the bazaar for typically around 10p (or less).
                  -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
                  try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

Fletching 103-122 should probably be Class 4 Wood Point Arrow as it's cheaper per attempt.

Comment

Alchemy 192-202 Mystical Infusion only costs about 29pp per attempt, while concentration is like 70pp per attempt.

Some baking alternatives:
                      Casseroles: veggie, griffon, anaconda all trivial at 284 and require either farming or foraging in Jaggedpine.

Also, under wood elf fletching, you have Mithril champion arrow listed twice (the first listing links to blessed champion arrows - so I suspect you want to remove that one).

Comment

Updates so far, thx for the feedback.
                        70 Paladin of Tunare
                        Salvage3

Comment

Spell research

Guild trainers will take you to 200.

It's cheaper and faster (but you need to save the points up)

ONLY enchanters (so far as I know) REQUIRE a research only spell (mez) at 16, everyone else is better off waiting for 20 to buy their first point. (first point = current level)
                          In My (Not Always) Humble Opinion, except where I quote someone. If I don't know I say so.
                          I suck at this game, your mileage WILL vary. My path is probably NON-optimal.
                          Private Messages attended to promptly.

Comment

I would change this to
                            203 - 228 Benefit Awareness IV
                            229 - 234 Greater Mystical Infusion

because Awareness IV potions are cheaper overall if you count merchant buyback values.

Elixir of Divine Endurance costs 62 pp per combine including buyback. Greater Mystical Infusion will cost you 66 pp each. Awareness IV potions cost an average of 38 pp per combine when you include buyback, assuming 95% success rate which is the rate I got while skilling up on these. Your success rate would have to be worse than 75% to fall behind on these costwise.

Benefit/Magic/Cold/Head/Poison Awareness IV buyback value is 126.610 (not Disease, it's worse for some reason)
                            158.550 per combine for Awareness IV components with no buyback
                            63.590 per combine at 75% success rate
                            38.270 per combine at 95% success rate
                            31.940 per combine at 100% success rate

Mukkul
                            70 Iksar Shaman
                            236 Alchemy so far

Comment

Originally posted by Itek
                              Spell research

Guild trainers will take you to 200.
                              Not anymore they don't. As far as I know, this is as of the DoN live patch where the tradeskill caps changed (don't recall exact date).
                              Jmorgaia Tinybubbles
                              70 Coercer
                              Xegony

Comment

Working...
                              X