Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in new site for tracking tradeskills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in new site for tracking tradeskills?

Myself and Kritta are working on building a new site that will become something like (but much more advanced than!) the Gnome positioning system at Tinkering.org. With it, you'll be able to enter *ALL* of your tradeskills, their current levels, and contact information, assuming someone wants to hire you for a combine. You could update your information as little or as often as you like, and include only the information you want to. Users could then search by server, tradeskill, and required skill level to make what they want.

My hope is that it will become a nexus of activity for tradeskillers and the average person who wants player-crafted items made. How many people here would use such a site, from either a tradeskiller or lay-person's perspective?

Thanks for your time!

I'd use it!! *giggle*
    51 WAR: Kritta Didymus, GM Tinker - 250 of tinkering.org lore
    Also: Bake'n 200, Fletch'n 200, Smith'n 200, Fish'n 200, Brew'n 200, Jewel'n 200
    Last played years ago. Feel free to email if you wish.

Comment

Click my sig, if I can do THAT easily, I'd be completely devoted to you

edit: Really helps if I turn my sig ON

Comment

Hmm... I could probably do that in a database. Might help other people track skillups too. That wasn't the original plan, but once it's up and running, nothing says we can't branch out to data tracking like that. (:

Comment

I would use it. I think its a great idea since the developers have yet to put in a "/who all fletching 250" command.
          Mridule
          Outrider
          $tormhammer

Comment

I would use it. I think its a great idea since the developers have yet to put in a "/who all fletching 250" command.
            I've always been somewhat tempted to want that as well, but the thought of being tell bombed by the same idiots who have been spamming the zone every 30 secs asking for a GM _______ is more than enough for me to prefer that folks just take my word that I'm a master of my craft.

a 133td00d_1234 tells u "i need u 2 combin a bw 4 me - got some of the prts will pay u 1/2 wht i can sell it for if u giv rest prts and make it 4 me"

a 133td00d_666 tells u "HAH!!!!! u r a 250 pothead - u suxorz!"

a 133td00d_31567 tells u "can u tell me how 2 b a 250 smith 2"

etc

/em runs off screaming
            Cigarskunk!
            No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

I would use it. Would love it if you branched out to include who was capable of what imbues and who is willing to make which vials of mana at what prices too though
              December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

Cigar, read the other one about the /who all fletcher thingie.

It would default to anon and only be on when you wanted to be disturbed. IE bored out of your mind Skilling up, or making things to sell later.

I think that is the best Idea I've seen all day .

I love the website search idea too, but unless a lot of 'customers' find out about it, it would just turn into a bunch of tradeskillers comparing their skills

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarskunk
                  I've always been somewhat tempted to want that as well, but the thought of being tell bombed by the same idiots who have been spamming the zone every 30 secs asking for a GM _______ is more than enough for me to prefer that folks just take my word that I'm a master of my craft.

a 133td00d_1234 tells u "i need u 2 combin a bw 4 me - got some of the prts will pay u 1/2 wht i can sell it for if u giv rest prts and make it 4 me"

a 133td00d_666 tells u "HAH!!!!! u r a 250 pothead - u suxorz!"

a 133td00d_31567 tells u "can u tell me how 2 b a 250 smith 2"

etc

/em runs off screaming
                  I just this second posting in the other thread, discussing the /who all Fletching 250, with something similar. I would almost always be /tradeanon , or whatever the command was.

And Kredal , Kritta...... This is an AWESOME IDEA. Me loves you long time!!!!!

-Lilosh
                  Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
                  President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
                  Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Originally posted by Laureana
                    I would use it. Would love it if you branched out to include who was capable of what imbues and who is willing to make which vials of mana at what prices too though
                    Imbues *will* be listed.. hadn't thought about mana vials, but we can do that too. (:

Thanks for the input so far, all!

Comment

Kredal and I can be quite open minded on somethings so if you think of a feature we don't have ... pass it along and I'll make *ahem* ask Kredal to make it happen. I'm just the front end gal.

Share your ideas!!
                      51 WAR: Kritta Didymus, GM Tinker - 250 of tinkering.org lore
                      Also: Bake'n 200, Fletch'n 200, Smith'n 200, Fish'n 200, Brew'n 200, Jewel'n 200
                      Last played years ago. Feel free to email if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kredal
                        Originally posted by Laureana
                        Imbues *will* be listed.. hadn't thought about mana vials, but we can do that too. (:

Thanks for the input so far, all!
                        /cheer

Keep us posted and make lots of noise when it goes live, from the looks of it its going to be awesome
                        December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

Cigar, read the other one about the /who all fletcher thingie.

It would default to anon and only be on when you wanted to be disturbed. IE bored out of your mind Skilling up, or making things to sell later.
                          LOL - fret not - I'm not objecting - just playing a bit of devil's advocate - there's no garantee that they'll think that anon tradeskiller is the way to go or if they do that it will work.

Always remember to be careful of what you wish for - you just might get it - or has everyone forgotten how happily we embraced all of the other fixes they gave us that we had been begging for for years?
                          Cigarskunk!
                          No more EQ for me till they fix the crash bug.

Comment

I would use it sound like a nice idea.
                            Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I would use it as well.

Lady Ladinea & Whisperingwinn
                              Officer of both Legion & Squire of Divine Light

Comment

Working...
                              X