Vah Shir Quest and Task information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vah Shir Quest and Task information

I have not done the fourth task yet. I have no recipe information since I am not a smith or tailor yet. This is quest/task information for the first four books.

Vuro Padfoot is located at (-435, -40) in Shar Vahl. He is also in the Find list.

You say, 'Hail, Vuro Padfoot'

Vuro Padfoot says ''Hello, Zunnoab. Returning from Norrath? It fills me with pride to see there are still Vah Shir willing to venture off this moon and restore our foothold on [Norrath] once again.''

You say, 'Norrath?'

Vuro Padfoot says ''From what I have heard, things were much different back when we lived on the planet. I have been studying the writings transcribed from before our kind was blasted from the face of Norrath. They are helping me piece together the [techniques] of our ancestors.''

You say, 'What techniques?'

Vuro Padfoot says ''From what I have learned, our craftsmanship has regressed over the years. Our relative lack of competition from other races has made us docile and lazy on this moon. In fact, I've uncovered some forgotten [armor patterns] and a few [cultural symbol patterns] that put our current designs to shame. Would you be interested in learning these ancient patterns? They will take time to craft, but, if you are patient, they will serve you well.''

--------------------------------

Here is a normal quest for the Ancestral Vah Shir Armor book:

You say, 'What armor patterns?'

Vuro Padfoot says ''Excellent. To make you a pattern book, I will need a piece of shadeling silk for the cover, a glowing heart stone for the ink, a cracked rhino beetle carapace for the clasp, and a damaged hopper hide to grind down and make a salve which will protect and preserve the finished product. I have heard these items can be found around Shadeweaver's Thicket and the Paludal Caverns. Bring them to me and the armor patterns of our ancestors will be yours''

Shadeling silk drops off the xakra silkworms or lesser shades in Shadeweaver's Thicket, and the xakra larva in Shar Vahl.
    The cracked rhino beetle carapace drops off the various beetles in Shadeweaver's Thicket.
    The damaged hopper hide drops from various hoppers in Shadeweaver's Thicket.
    The glowing heart stone drops off A Glowing Muck Digger in Paludal Caverns. This is the only NODROP part of this quest. The various grime tunnelers are placeholders for this named. A good camp is at location (-2822, -842).

Give Vuro the four items to get your Ancestral Vah Shir Armor book:
    Vuro Padfoot says ''Excellent work, Zunnoab. Here is your pattern book. May you use this to restore the standing of our race across Norrath!''

Here are the tasks:

You say, 'What cultural symbol patterns?'

Vuro Padfoot says ''You're interested in the cultural symbol patterns I see. I can give you the cultural symbol patterns but I will need you to run a few tasks for me before I can give them to you. What do you say; would you like to run a few short [tasks] for me?''

You say, 'what tasks'

Vuro Padfoot says ''I have four tasks that need to be completed. The first is an adventure into [Paludal Caverns] where you will collect some items for a cap that I'm making. The next, you will be tasked with venturing into [Dawnshroud] where you hunt for some ingredients that I seem to be missing for my feast. The third task leads you into [The Grey] where you will gather some jewelry supplies for me. The final task will lead you on an adventure into [Stillmoon temple] where you will learn about the creatures that inhabit the area.''

You say, 'Paludal Caverns'
    (You receive the task Vuro's Cavern Adventure for Journeyman's Book of Vah Shir Culture.)

Vuro's Cavern Adventure:
    Step 1:
    Zone: Paludal Caverns
    Objective instructions: Explore the Owlbear cave in the east.
    Summary: Paludal Caverns? Let me see what I have for Paludal Caverns. Ohh I do have a task for Paludal Caverns. I was in the process of making a cape but I have run out of a few key items. I know they can be found in Paludal. Venture into Paludal Caverns and explore the owl bear cave in the east side of the caverns.

You can find this cave at location (-1940, -395).

Step 2 and 3:
    Objective instructions: Kill 20 owlbears. Loot 4 Damaged Owlbear Pelt.
    Objective summary: You have explored the Owlbear cave now you must rid the cave of Owlbears and collect 4, of their damaged pelts.

There are only seven Owlbears that I know of in Paludal Caverns. Four are in the cave you find in step 1, another two are at location (640, 0), and the last is a lone Owlbear at location (2090, 845).

Step 4:
    Zone: Shar Vahl
    Objective instructions: Deliver 4 Damaged Owlbear Pelt to Vuro Padfoot.
    Objective summary: You have retrieved the Damaged Pelts, now return to Vuro Padfoot.

I did not attempt giving him the stack, so to be safe I gave them one by one.

Step 5:
    Objective instructions: Explore the recondite cap in the south west.
    Objective summary: These Damaged Pelts should do. I can piece them together just fine. I do however need one more item. Travel back to Paludal Caverns and explore the recondite camp.

You can find the recondite camps near the Shadowhaven zone line.

Step 6 and 7:
    Objective instructions: Kill 10 Recondites. Loot 1 Recondite Insignia Ring
    Objective summary: You have explored the recondite camp and have discovered that the recondites have an insignia ring that would work perfectly. Take this ring from them!

Final Step:
    Objective instructions: Deliver 1 Recondite Insignia Ring to Vuro Padfoot
    Objective summary: You have retrieved the Recondite Insignia Ring, now return to Vuro Padfoot. (I didn't take a screenshot of this so it’s not the exact words.)

Give Vuro the ring to get your Journeyman's Book of Vah Shir Culture.:
    You did a fine job. I will be wearing my cape in no time. You have certainly earned these cultural symbol patterns.

You say, 'Dawnshroud'
    (You receive the task Vuro's Feast for Expert's Book of Vah Shir Culture.)

Step 1:
    Zone: Dawnshroud Peaks
    Objective instructions: Explore the pond in the north west.
    Objective summary: I never have the right cooking utensils when I'm cooking. It's so annoying to be in the middle of baking a feast and to not have exactly what you need. Explore the pond in the north west of Dawnshroud and see if you can find some utensils for me.

In the north west of Dawnshroud Peaks is a small pond. Go into it to complete this step.

Step 2 and 3:
    Objective instructions: Kill 50 wolves. Loot 4 A Tattered Wolf Pelt.
    Objective summary: You have explored the pond and have discovered that a wolf pelt might come in handy for baking mittens. Kill the wolves and collect one tattered pelt.

There are wolves all over the zone, and are usually hard to avoid if you are visible.

Step 4:
    Objective instructions: Deliver 4 A Tattered Wolf Pelt to Vuro Padfoot.
    Objective summary: You have collected the tattered pelt, now return it to Vuro Padfoot.

Step 5:
    Objective instructions: Explore the small camp site that is setup south west of Netherbian Lair.
    Objective summary: The tattered wolf pelt will work perfectly for oven mittens. This feast is going to turn out perfect! Oh I can't seem to find my serving platter. I swear I had left it right over there but it's not there. You look very resourceful, go back to Dawnshroud Peaks and explore the small camp south west of Netherbian Lair.

You can find the camp at location (1230, 580).

Step 6 and 7:
    Objective instructions: Kill 5 stonegrabbers. Loot 1 A Stonegrabber Boulder.
    Objective summary: You have explored the small camp sit and have come to the conclusion that a stonegrabber bolder can be carved into a smooth serving platter. Kill the stonegrabbers and salvage one of their boulders.

There are three stonegrabber camps in the north east portion of the zone. They are easy to spot since they are marked by several rocks, with stonegrabbers lying on the ground motionless.

Step 8:
    Objective instructions: Deliver 1 A Stonegrabber Boulder to Vuro Padfoot.
    Objective summary: You have salvaged one of the stonegrabber boulders to use as a platter. Return to Vuro Padfoot with it so he can enjoy his fancy feast.

Give the boulder to Vuro to get your Expert's Book of Vah Shir Culture:
    [Fri Feb 18 02:28:15 2005] Just in time, the feast is about ready. That shell should be perfect for this perfect meal. You have earned those cultural symbol patterns.

You say, 'The Grey'
    (You receive the task Supplies for Vuro for Master's Book of Vah Shir Culture.)

Step 1 and 2:
    Zone: They Grey
    Objective instructions: Kill 40 shimmering rockfiends. Loot 4 Shiny Granite Chip.
    Objective summary: I recently started to create jewelry. This piece here is the most requested piece in the city. My supplies are running low and I need you to travel to The Grey and gather some supplies for me. You can start by killing shimmering rockfiends and scraping the shiny granite chips from them.

These mobs are interesting. They work like traps... they have many predetermined locations all around The Grey where they will spawn, stay up for a predetermined amount of time, then despawn and spawn somewhere else. They will not despawn if aggroed. The best place to look for them is the north east corner of the zone, I think, since there is a pretty high concentration of spawn spots there.

Step 3:
    Objective Instructions: Deliver 4 Shiny Granite Chip to Vuro Padfoot.
    Objective Summary: You have collected the shiny granite chips successfully, you should return to Vuro Padfoot as soon as you can.

Step 4 and 5:
    Zone: The Grey
    Objective Instructions: Kill 5 sun revenants. Loot 1 Dark Skeleton Remains.
    Objective Summary: Excellent job friend. I'll be able to prepare the jewels while you pick up the rest of the supplies for me. You will be able to find the dark skeleton remains near the lake by killing some Sun Revenants.

You can find the Sun Revenants surrounding the lake in the north west corner of the zone.

Step 6:
    Objective Instructions: Deliver 1 Dark Skeleton Remains to Vuro Padfoot.
    Objective Summary: You have retrieved the Dark Skeleton Remains, now return to Vuro Padfoot. (I didn't take a screenshot of this so it’s not the exact words.)

Give the remains to Vuro to get Master's Book of Vah Shir Culture:
    Superb work. I will grind these bones into many usable charms for my jewelry. You have earned these cultural symbol patterns for your hard work.

This is the part I have not done yet:

You say, 'Stillmoon temple'
    (You receive the task Creatures of Stillmoon for Grandmaster's Book of Vah Shir Culture.)

Step 1 and 2:
    Zone: Stillmoon Temple
    Objective Instructions: Kill 120 Stillmoon Creatures. Recover 80 glossy manes from the Stillmoon Kirin.
    Objective Summary: You will adventure into the Stillmoon temple to learn about the different creatures that inhabit the area. Travel to Stillmoon temple and learn about the creatures of the temple. You will need to be careful while you are in the temple. The creatures that you seek can only be found in the most dangerous sections of the temple. You should travel to the Lavastorm Mountains and meet up with one of our operatives. There you will get further information on where you can enter the temple at.
    Zunnoab - 70 Bard, 250 Pottery
    Junnar - 70 Shaman, 256 Alchemy

Hmm I did not know I would not be able to edit the post so there are several typos and such (mostly cosmetic). Hopefully this is the right place for the quest information.

I know it says complete information so I shouldn't have included the stillmoon part, since I only provided full information for the first four books. As tempting as it is I won't repost with my mistakes fixed due to the "Do not bump or repost" rule.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place.
    Zunnoab - 70 Bard, 250 Pottery
    Junnar - 70 Shaman, 256 Alchemy

Comment

A small note to add. Yelloweyes in Paludal Caverns does not count for killing the owlbears but the named wolves in Dawnshroud Peaks (a starved wolf/a blood starved wolf) do count as wolves.

I really hate the recondite part since I'm level 61. I didn't want to steal kills from players XPing here. The 10 kills were a lot easier than the ring. I had to kill far more to get the ring to drop than I did for the quest.

I hate the use of Lambent Stones in later combines for the same reason. Why put already highly contested spots under even more strain? The Lambent Stones are droppable so it's not as bad but at c. 50pp each from vendors i'd rather be able to farm them.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the "explore" steps of these are actually necessary elements of the Task (visible in the Task window, shown as Done when they're done, and required before you can go on to the next steps)? For example:
        Step 1:
        Objective instructions: Explore the pond in the north west.
        Objective summary: I never have the right cooking utensils when I'm cooking. It's so annoying to be in the middle of baking a feast and to not have exactly what you need. Explore the pond in the north west of Dawnshroud and see if you can find some utensils for me.

In the north west of Dawnshroud Peaks is a small pond. Go into it to complete this step.
        Do you have to actually go step into the pond before your task window shows the next steps of killing the wolves and looting their pelts?

Or was that included just because it's part of Vuro's instructions?

If it really is required, then so be it, but it breaks the pattern from all the other cultural quests for which I know the details so far. I just want to be sure that flavorful text chatter isn't getting mixed up with actual quest steps.
        Retiree of EQ Traders...
        Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
        Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
        Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
        EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi
          Can anyone confirm that the "explore" steps of these are actually necessary elements of the Task
          Yes, they actually show up as a numbered step in the task, and the subsequent steps are marked with question marks until you actually "explore" the area.

Since ALL steps of a task must be completed in order to "complete" the task, you cannot skip the "explore" steps, even if you know what to do next.

Comment

Glossy Kirin mane...

Has anyone found a decent mission for Kirin manes? Sickness of spirit is the only one we have found worth a darn, and it only has what, 5 kirin? and about 1 in 2 or so loot ratio, this sucks... and by the way, the main page lists killing 120 of an animal and looting 80 items off it. But ours is 120 of any stillmoon creature and 80 glossy kirin manes. so, getting 5 manes every 2 missions, that's 32 times of doing that mission... Think my friends are going to get tired of this mission. and me too.
            If anyone has a decent mission in stillmoon a that involves more kirin, please share!

Comment

Your task window should tell you how much of whatever item it is you need to loot.

Although now that Vah Shir apparently deviate from the standard pattern by a good bit, I'm going to have to update that page and remove some of those details, as they aren't universal.
              Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Another question, do the "Objective Summary" portions above represent what Vuro says, or are they system-message type text that's generated at those points? Likewise for the things like:
                Give the remains to Vuro to get Master's Book of Vah Shir Culture:
                Superb work. I will grind these bones into many usable charms for my jewelry. You have earned these cultural symbol patterns for your hard work.
                Did Vuro say that or was it just a message?

I know it's nitpicky, but I don't want to assume since these are already working differently than other races'.
                Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Originally posted by Verdandi
                  Another question, do the "Objective Summary" portions above represent what Vuro says, or are they system-message type text that's generated at those points? Likewise for the things like: Did Vuro say that or was it just a message?

I know it's nitpicky, but I don't want to assume since these are already working differently than other races'.
                  I can confirm Vuro said that. Is there an easy way to get the required journal bits into a nice text file or do I need to go log diving? (first time poster, long time lurker)

Likm Kiddy
                  70 Wildblood - Cazic Thule

Comment

Here's where I'm up to in the final GM task:

You say, 'Stillmoon temple'
                    (You receive the task Creatures of Stillmoon for Grandmaster's Book of Vah Shir Culture.)

Step 1

Kill 120 Stillmoon Creatures

Basically kill 120 mobs with Stillmoon in their name.

Step 2

Recover 80 glossy manes from the Stillmoon Kirin

Only seen them drop in Stillmon missions.

Step 3

Take back 4 samples of the glossy manes to Vuro Padfoot

Step 4

Kill 10 Stillmoon Loremasters

Step 5

Recover an impeccable kirin horn from the Stillmoon Loremaster

Step 6 ???

Comment

Originally posted by TheTexter
                      I can confirm Vuro said that. Is there an easy way to get the required journal bits into a nice text file or do I need to go log diving? (first time poster, long time lurker)
                      Welcome aboard, or at least out of hiding.

If you go into the file that stores all of the npc conversation you hear, you can find it by searching for keywords, like npc name. They don't appear to be in there in any particular order, however, so if you had logging on, it's probably easiest to just go log diving. I'm not at home so I can't say any more specifically how to get into the npc text files.

But if the objective summaries above are the npc text, that's good enough for me. Except in the cases where Zunnoab says he doesn't have the exact text; we will still need that.
                      Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarsq
                        Here's where I'm up to in the final GM task:
                        Wonderful, updated that part, too. This writeup is in pretty good shape; I've made it public.

I now have everything out of this thread, with no particular questions, just gaps in what we know still. To keep things straight for myself, I'm going to move this to Updates Completed. If anyone has more info about the Vah Shir quests, just start a new thread in DoN Data.
                        Retiree of EQ Traders...

Comment

Working...
                        X