flawless tae ew pelts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flawless tae ew pelts?

Is it me or are the flawless tae ew pelts RARE!?
    anyone know if they only drop in a certain area in Cazic thule or what? i spend a few hours near the pyramid, slaughtering anything that moved and none dropped at all.
    Any feedback is welcome

Sensei Pullem
    Transcendent

There's a better spot in CT for tae ew hides. There's a map in this thread:

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=19118

Not sure what that spot is called (mud temple?). But lots of brown lizards for tae ew hides.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullemdamonk
      Is it me or are the flawless tae ew pelts RARE!?
      anyone know if they only drop in a certain area in Cazic thule or what? i spend a few hours near the pyramid, slaughtering anything that moved and none dropped at all.
      Any feedback is welcome

Sensei Pullem
      Transcendent
      The worst part about them is, about a month ago they put it in a patch message that they INCREASED the drop rate on these flawless pelts. But really they are still way too rare, killed there for 2 days about 4.5 hours each day, never saw one, killed plenty of browns too. I just went there to see for myself if the droprate was any better but if they increased it, it went from like 1/100 to 1/75 or something. Still extremely rare, but better odds.

Because I killed about 50 browns before I finally decided to stop trying. Probably wouldn't be so bad if you went with a group and was killing fast and killed the entire temple, but when you're solo, you can only kill 3-4 per repop cycle. (As a 70 Paladin)

Anyways, good luck, hope you have better than I did.
      Mertine
      Drinal

Comment

From the patch message, also still up on the front site page....

- Increased the drop rate of Tae Ew Scales. *

There was no mentioned increase in hides. Scales are of minimal to no value now, while hides actually are still... would be nice to get more to drop, but it's the same as it's been (for hides) since the zone was revamped.

Comment

Update

Well i want to the temple or what ever its called in CT, duoing with my shaman pulling and beating down trains of 2 to 4 at a time seen like 5 nameds pop and made like 3 BPs sofar from the stuff ive found. BUT ive yet to see the shadow of a pelt. Proberly spent the better side of 10 hours sofar. im hunting at a small pyramid like structure where the crusader spawns infront of as a roamer. either im very unlucky or doing something wrong lol. ive killed ALOT of browns

Sensei Pullem
          Stonefist

Comment

You're niether unlucky, or doing anything wrong. The pelts are RARE.

Consider that they're on the same droprate that the scales used to be, and people were judging that drop rate in "how many levels gained per scale".. 10 hours is, well, no time at all.

Keep plugging away, the bag is pretty nice... but don't hold your breathe waiting for one.

Comment

flawless tae ew hides no longer drop since alchemy changes imo, I have killed hundreds of brown lizards in CT in the past weeks but no flawless hides. they were rare before but not that rare

Comment

Originally posted by Bjart
                flawless tae ew hides no longer drop since alchemy changes imo, I have killed hundreds of brown lizards in CT in the past weeks but no flawless hides. they were rare before but not that rare
                And I did not touch the existing tables. I added a table at the end.

There are multiple tables... it rolls each independently, in order.

So a table AFTER the ones that exist can in no way effect the existing ones.
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200
                Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

will post again if i get one or I go another 100+ without, killed 68 yesterday without a drop.

Comment

killed 103 brown lizards today no flawless

Comment

server please
                      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                      Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200

Comment

My alt has 6 Tae Ew bag + 3 hides waiting to be made into bags when I get another hide. Hours upon hours of farming so please don't ask for how many mobs did I kill.

however I am a 70 raid geared zerker + shammy box who can clear the NW pyramid per spawn cycle. They are very rare, but considering what they make they should be imo.

Comment

i've gotten 12aa's in the past few days killing ONLY brown lizards at the NE temple of the zone. the temple thru the maze by the wizard port in. that is a significant amount of dead brown lizards. i have not seen 1 single tew ew hide in all those hours and hours.

i did ask a monk i saw one of these days in there solo'n the same temple browns for hides. and he said that he has litterally gotten over 75aa's and in that time solo'n he's only seen 2 pelts killing nothing but brown lizards.

server = the nameless

- this is NOT a skill up path
                          - the drops should NOT be anywhere near this rare.
                          - go to SOL-A and buy a bag of tinkerer's for less then 5k plat. 5k plat!!!! that is a drop in the bucket to anyone doing tradeskills and you can purely farm plat off dead mobs in newbie zones and make 5k much much faster then u can get 2 tae ew hides to make a similar stat's bag

i really feel that the drop rates need to be increased significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by skdog
                            - go to SOL-A and buy a bag of tinkerer's for less then 5k plat. 5k plat!!!! that is a drop in the bucket to anyone doing tradeskills and you can purely farm plat off dead mobs in newbie zones and make 5k much much faster then u can get 2 tae ew hides to make a similar stat's bag
                            For most classes, bag of the tinker would be cheaper and easier but for monks, tae ew hide sack is better. Because tinker bag is 1.0 weight while tae ew sack is 0.1 a big difference for monk that has 15 stone weight limit.

Even leatherfoot haversack is better than tinker bags (0.6 weight each) and easier to get than tae ew sack.

8 tinker bags = 8 weights total, and that would greatly limit the gear the monk can wear without going over the limit. With tae ew bags, 8 of them is less than 1 stone weight total, allowing monks more freedom in their gears.

Comment

I made two checks... one in just data.

Data says that in an "ideal" situation (every mob that *can* drop it is killed as soon as it spawns... I.E. you are ahead of or at the same pace as spawn rate.) Flawless Tae Ew Hide drops on average 1.6943235294117647058823529411764705882 times an hour.

So yes, this is rare.

Then I made a real check. I cleared every mob that can drop Flawless Tae Ew Hide 16 times. I got 10 Flawless Tae Ew Hide in that time.

They still drop, you have just had poor luck, not even bad luck because it is rare.

As for if this is too rare, that is a different discussion.
                              Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                              Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                              X