Which Mastery to Get First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mastery to Get First?

I just finished getting Salvage 3, and was wanting some opinions on which Mastery skill to max first? I was thinking either Tailoring or Blacksmithing.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Which one do you do more combines for??

I would first get level one of both before taking one of them to level three.

I did level one of 5 different ones before taking blacksmithing to level 3. I am currently working on tailoring to level 3 next.
    Liwsa 75 Druid Prexus - Retired

Comment

Don't really do any now that I am in the 1750 club. Figured I would scout the bazaar for items to make and sell the completed items.

Comment

If you're trying to make a profit, I'd look for what tradeskill would yield you the most change - ie which tradeskill has profitable combines with a trivial high enough that the success rate would be changed enough to significantly have an impact on the economics of manufacturing them, as well as available supplies to support aformentioned manufacturing?

If you'd just like to be able to succeed at combines (for personal gain, for friends/guildies, just "so you can", etc), look for the tradeskill that has the most things of value to you at trivials high enough for the mastery to have an impact. If you make a ton of blacksmithing, but all the pieces you do trivial at 280, the mastery won't do you much good. If you occasionally make a tailoring recipe, but its important to you, and trivials very high, then the mastery there first might be worthwhile. And so forth.

Essentially, the first question would be, what do you want to get out of the mastery purchase?

The bazaar comment makes me think its something like the first case, but only you can know.

Comment

I think it is a little bit of all of that. Plus my brother and I have quite a few characters to dress across 7 accounts. So I will be making items for them as well. So I think I will get tailoring first, then blacksmithing. Most of the characters are leather/silk wearers. For instance, been waiting a while to make my necro a full set of Earthweave armor because the components are just so expensive, though they may have gone down some lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderheart
            I think it is a little bit of all of that. Plus my brother and I have quite a few characters to dress across 7 accounts. So I will be making items for them as well. So I think I will get tailoring first, then blacksmithing. Most of the characters are leather/silk wearers. For instance, been waiting a while to make my necro a full set of Earthweave armor because the components are just so expensive, though they may have gone down some lately.
            Holy hell in a handbasket -- what in the world are you doing with *7* accounts? What could you possible do with that many? Make a character of each race/class combination???

Yikes.
            -- C.

Comment

Holy hell in a handbasket -- what in the world are you doing with *7* accounts? What could you possible do with that many? Make a character of each race/class combination???
              *giggles* The husband and I have 6 accounts between us, and if we had the money, we'd go to 8, so we could have permanent bazaar mules when we were playing the rest of our characters. We started the multiple accounts when we played on FV, since you can only have one character per account there.

Of course, now we play on Test, so being able to bot all our characters gives us a full group all the time, which is an effort on Test. Honestly, I was getting a little bored with EQ until we started botting. It's very challenging running multiple characters, and we find we really enjoy the game this way.

Comment

You say that now. Have you seen your hubby setting up his vendors though? I was calling him the gnome pimp the other day...
                Ozmandias Prime - Usually Lost Shortie Healer
                Dinomight The Questaholic - Tradeskilling QuestMaster
                Prints Albert - The Cat In The Can

Comment

Working...
                X