Less costly than Ornate Chain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less costly than Ornate Chain?

Hey guys, Sarc here, i posted this b4 but the topic (and my account) misteriously dissapeared.

How can i get past 117 skill wihtout doing ornate?

i know there were several good tips but i cant find the topic now. i want to get to 140 so i can fail a whole lot and make some fp
    =D
    any tips welcome.

ALSO dos trolls have any cultural armour? iskars get cabalis scale but wat about poo meh?

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=570996Veteran Sarcazzm Madbarsher

63 Troll-Daddy Warlord of the Southern Legion
    Tribunal Server
    Smithing 181
    Pottery 122

Well.. some say to skip ornate and go straight to fine plate.

Less costly though? I'd think ornate would be less costly than that.

I'd guess you looked at this:

http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/recipes_smithing_troll.htm

Just shields and weapons it appears, halflings don't get much either.
    Xorshaikx level 73 Iksar Monk
    Zaspus level 52 Gnome Rogue
    Journeyman Baker (239)
    Journeyman Blacksmith (210)
    Apprentice Brewer (135)
    Apprentice Fletcher (156)
    Journeyman Jewelry Maker (205)
    Apprentice Mechanist (126)

Comment

Ornate Chain is more costly than Fine Plate mainly because of the sellback prices of each to vendors - Ornate Chain sells back for a small percentage of the cost of materials, while Fine Plate sells back for most of what it costs to make (assuming you're not paying someone else for the leather paddings.)
      Azhdarkhos Drahcir, Heyokah
      Hierophant of the Scaled Mystics
      Rising Legacy, Solusek Ro

Comment

... Assuming you have successes, which is unlikely on fine plate while you're in the silver ornate chain range I would think.

At least go through 1 ring ornate perhaps.
        Xorshaikx level 73 Iksar Monk
        Zaspus level 52 Gnome Rogue
        Journeyman Baker (239)
        Journeyman Blacksmith (210)
        Apprentice Brewer (135)
        Apprentice Fletcher (156)
        Journeyman Jewelry Maker (205)
        Apprentice Mechanist (126)

Comment

if you're over lvl 40, farm Finesteel weaps from either goblins in stonebrunt mountains or the guard in HHK (faction hits against hhk guard, corrupt freeport guards and i think qeynos guards), then convert to ore to make the ornate chain.

that'll help lower the cost. If you're in the mid 40's, you could hunt either Hg's in rathe or IG's in Everfrost, get a decent amount of plat and xp, but takes longer farming the FS weaps.

Comment

Originally posted by sir0die
            if you're over lvl 40, farm Finesteel weaps from either goblins in stonebrunt mountains or the guard in HHK (faction hits against hhk guard, corrupt freeport guards and i think qeynos guards), then convert to ore to make the ornate chain.
            There are no goblins in Stonebrunt. The primary opposition there is kobolds. I don't recall for certain if they drop Fine Steel, or not, either. I remember them dropping "Cold Iron", but don't remember much else.

Comment

Highland kobolds in Stonebrunt drop FS Japanese style weapons like the Fine Steel Kusarigama.

Also Stonebrunt is the best source of pelts for padding, since cougars do not drop ruined pelts...making all their drops usable for padding.
              Thorvari - Walkers
              Feral Lord - Vazaelle

Comment

cant u just farm hq ore in sol A as well as fs weapons?

Comment

Working...
                X