Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Tailor seeking advice

OKay...

I've tried to think of what i want to put into this post... And can't think of how to put it...

I mean, there are like a million questions boiling thru my mind... where do i farm, what do i sell for, whats the best items to make, where do i find the info.. blah blah ...

Can someone direct me to a good place to start over at?

I'm 158 Skill
    I have a high level chanter to do the jewelry aspects of it
    I have 2 computers to aid in the farming of material
    I don't feel the need to throw away plat to vendors who overprice things, so plan on farming myself.
    I have 188 Smithing / 191 JC so can do some of the menial combines on my own...

Just where do i start back up at?
    (65 Archon) Rofello <Numinous> (High Elf) ZONE: Tarew Marr

edited.

Comment

Solution

Merchant mine vendors for Arctic Wyvern pelts. Get your brewing up. Make a load of coldain tempers. Farm Crystal Caverns with your second computer and build up a stock of velium, while you fish for Cobalt Cod in CS.

Make studs, brew cod oil, stockpile, buy mask patterns, combine in large batches until materials run out, repeat ad nauseum until your patience - or plat - is gone.

At least, that's the way I'm doing it.

You could also do a similar thing with acrylia armour. For vendor mining read 'kill a billion rockhoppers', farm for acrylia instead of in CC, but the work on your brewing still stands as you'll be making paela stuff.

Enjoy.
      Tailoring - 250 (Zillia 225)
      Brewing - 250 (Zillia 250)
      Baking - 250 (Zillia 250)
      Blacksmithing - 218 (Zillia 225)
      Fishing - 200
      Fletching - 200 (Zillia 235)
      Pottery - 198 (Zillia 227)
      Jewelcraft - 195 (Zillia 250)
      Thread-killing - 250

Comment

Acrylia studded

I have been going the acrylia armor route. I hunt in the grimling mines for acrylia, and in Dawnshroud Peaks or Scarlet Desert for superb rockhopper hides. It is tedious stuff.

My system is to skill up using the acrylia studded masks (recipe is on eqtraders), but ocassionally make an acrylia studded cloak, tunic, or sleeves to sell in the bazaar. I generally make about 1K give or take off the piece, and I use that money to buy more acrylia and superb pelts in the bazaar.

By that method you are always farming for yourself, but once you build up 1K of "throw-away" money, you can speed things up a bit and buy in the bazaar too.

Caridayne Crimsonwing
        Mistress of SoW and Po-House Tailor
        Caridayne Crimsonwing
        Mistress of SoW and Po-House Tailor

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=161737

Comment

whats the best spot to get the hides at? it seems that Scarlet is better then DSP from what i've seen, but got any tips on where in Scarlet, etc?

Comment

The best place to hunt for Superb and Flawless Rockhopper Hides is Dawnshroud Peaks at the Rockhopper/Sambata cave. At least this is my opinion. I know of people who can hunt Scarlet Desert for Rockhoppers and do Tribals as well, but in my opinion, there are too many other mobs that can add onto you to make it worthwhile. In DSP, you only have to deal with Rockhoppers or Sambata's, which ever may be up at the time, and I detest the Sambata's because their Acrylia drop rate is Horrendous so I always try to make the Rockhoppers respawn when I see Sambata's up.

Pockets FullOfGold

Comment

IMO there is no one route to take.

I've basicly gone the way of farming certain items, buying others and basicly just combine anything i can get my hands on.

Vendor mining is a good option but it seems to me that a regular mining of the Bazaar is by far the most superior action.

I've bought stacks and stacks of wyvern hides, paying anything from 15 pp to 35 or 40 pp (when in a good mood). In the process i kept a lookout for panther hides/HQ lion skins/othmir hides/flawless rockhopper hides.

Other than that i just mined The bazaar for silk swatches, paying on average around 7 pp a swatch. I clicked merrily away at some 100 succeeded solstice robes (staying optimistic and not listing the number of combines). I started out combining the coldain tempers/peabala temper/celestial essence myself but soon gave up for the sheer amount of clicks.

If you have access to an enchanter that has 250 skill and can make the necklaces for the solstice robes, you might be in luck in a way. I managed to do around 1000-1500 combines on the robes and actually making money to fund the mining of hides/velium pieces/coldain tempers (yes some people sell em for around 20 pp in the bazaar on my server)

Even doing it this way it has been a loooooong looooong road. At 235 skill now and ready to start erudite cultural now with a decent chance of actually succeeding at a decent cost. Planning to do some major fishing for cod as i still have around 20 stacks of wyvern hides on various mules.

If you want to get the tailoring up, look at ways of making some money on the combines, mine bazaar, in slow times farm acrylia and velium, fish for cod and keep on looking for those bargains in the bazaar. Just have a mental checklist of all items that you might want some day for combines and search (managed to pick up a stack of blue diamonds for 250 pp a piece the other day. The BD's are dropping in price quite fast but even then it's still a bargain)

Comment

Since you have the 250JC and are a lvl 65 Tunare cleric, you'll probably find solstice robes the easiest.

Please don't "dump" them in the bazaar, specially if you're on my server!
                Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

I did reasonably well in Mons Letalis next to The Grey zone. The only thing that wanders by that is KOS is the walking rocks (and occasionally people training the zone line). As a cleric (someone mentioned it, but I don't see the reference), you ought to be able to make a little cash by sometimes zoning into the Grey and offering Rez-services.

Solstice Robes is a very good option if you can imbue the emeralds. Be innovative -- offer ressurections in EK in exchange for silk when you are farming -- same in Firiona Vie.

A lot of it depends on the classes of your characters. As a druid, I quadded wyverns for several levels. Quad, then med at the water and fish. Forage when I can and use the forages for Seafood Salad.

I got from skill 190-ish to 250 using materials bought in The Bazaar -- and made a profit ! But, I can understand your not wanting to use that system.
                  Pinyon Treedotter
                  Level 59 Preserver
                  "Always a Guardian", Luclin Server
                  Magelo Profile
                  User of the Grandmaster Tailor's Needle

Comment

Working...
                  X