Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can "Attuned" (nodrop) augs still be used in recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can "Attuned" (nodrop) augs still be used in recipes?

OoW AUGs can be used in recipes to cut, and then in SHM recipe to add focus effect, then in another recipe to add inlay. Once these ATTUNEABLE augs are equiped they become NODROP.

I have some augs that I woudln't mind using now, before adding inlay. However, I do not know if the recipes to add focus effects or inlays require an "un-attuned"/droppable aug, or if they work the same on no-drop augs with understanding that result of combine can only be used by combiner.

Thanks.

We do not know.

I beleive someone said ti works, but I don't think they ever clarified it.

You will not loose an item if you try and it will not combine

so if you have the skill try it and PLEASE let us know so we can actually ahve an answer.

(of course you have to try it, because without the atunable flag it is No Drop and you cannot give it to someone else to combine)
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

Ok, we were wondering when this would come up, and I figure I ought to nip this in the bud.

Currently, there's a bug on live servers where, once an augment has been attuned, you can then perform one of the combines on that augment (after removing it from the item that attuned it), transforming it into a new freshly-attunable (tradeable) item. This was not intended.

In the Oct. 13th patch, code will go live that will cause the results of any combine that has a component which was "attuned" (attunable, now NODROP) to also be "attuned". So, if you put that augment in an item, you will not be able to trade it again... ever.

If you've placed augs in items with the hope of taking them out, upgrading them, and trading them, get them out and combined BEFORE the 13th, or it won't work.

Tank
      [edit: removed troll-speak]

Comment

After the 13th will we still be able to take them out, upgrade them, and requip them on the same character?
        ~Tudani
        Retired Shamaness of Talisman
        Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

If you've placed augs in items with the hope of taking them out, upgrading them, and trading them . . .
          Actually, no one was asking about this but that most certainly sounds like a bug.

Tudani's question is what we were all wondering about.

~ Niellya Lovestead ~
          (Retired)

Comment

My understanding of the intent (and Tanker's post seemed to concur) is that if you've made an attunable item nodrop, you can continue to still work on it and upgrade it, but it will continue to be nodrop after the upgrades.

SFG
            Magelo Profile

Comment

Yes, that was the question and that was the intent of the process.

Tanker is saying that right now there is a bug and that if you have already attuned an item to yourself, thus making it NO DROP, you can remove it (if it's an augment), perform another step in the process such as the inlay stuff or adding a power item for the armor, and the resulting piece is reset to being Attuneable instead of being NO DROP.

This bug is being fixed with the October 13th patch. Any recipe that includes one or more item that was at some point "Attuneable" and is now NO DROP, will have the result flagged as having been attuned already so it will also be NO DROP.

~ Niellya Lovestead ~
              (Retired)

Comment

He certainly seems to imply that if you have the skills, you will continue to be able to work with the item, you jsut will not be able to trade it. It would be nice if he would be clear on it though Up to him of course
                Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                Grandmaster Smith 250
                Master Tailor 200

Comment

Of course, I thought I was clear. I said that Attuned augments would remain Attuned if used in a combine. That implies that Attuned augments can be used in combines to begin with, but that you will not then be able to trade them, which is the bug being fixed.

You can upgrade your own attuned gear, provided you both have the skills to do so and the ability to pop the augment out of whatever attuned it.

Comment

Thank you

The english language can be a weird thing!
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

Working...
                    X