Gnomes no longer the only Tinkerers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gnomes no longer the only Tinkerers

I just started a Froglok character and imagine my surpize when I looked at my skill list and saw Tinkering. I had been told numerous times by many people that the only race that could tinker was gnomes. However, I have noticed that all of the recipes listed here still say Gnome only. I doubt that Froglok tinkering is restricted to non-Gnome combines (since there aren't any). I don't think this is a bug because it shows up on my skill list, and I have talked to several other frogloks and they have it listed on thiers now as well..

Alexander
    Last edited by alexander; 09-30-2004, 02:53 AM.

It's a bug, no doubt about it. Frogloks would be terrible at tinkering because of their webbed fingers and they would keep getting the blueprints wet. Unless of course they have started to train up their long tongues to handle a 1mm jewellers screwdriver then I just don't see it.

BTW, does the stat start at 0 and can you train in it at a gm in either Gukta or Ak'Anon? (assuming you picked a class that has a gm in Ak'Anon)

Comment

Unless things have seriously changed, please note:

Gnomes are the only ones who can RAISE their tinkering skill past 50. To do so, you MUST have a GNOME that is level 16 or higher.

So, if you don't mind failing OFTEN, tinker with a non-gnome.

Again, I've not played for almost a year, if this has changed, feel free to correct me.
      51 WAR: Kritta Didymus, GM Tinker - 250 of tinkering.org lore
      Also: Bake'n 200, Fletch'n 200, Smith'n 200, Fish'n 200, Brew'n 200, Jewel'n 200
      Last played years ago. Feel free to email if you wish.

Comment

i tried tinkering some firewater with my wifes High elf cleric...i couldn't even hit the combine button.

Comment

patched

Quite a few patches ago, they changed it so the tinkering containers would not allow non-gnomes to do gnome-only combines.

The BST trainers in PoK still offer to train tinkering to members of their class. Even with the skill trained, you still cannot do any real combines.

There are a handful of non-gnome tinkering recipies. Replacing batteries in Anizok devices being the most obvious example. My erudite wizard has no trouble doing this for himself.
          --
          Wyntrou Wyndrover
          Bard of Saryrn

Comment

Working...
          X