ornate chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ornate chain

after spending about 4 hours in Rathe mountains, i managed to farm/buy 22 finesteel weapons (bought a few for 10 p each). I converted them to ore, then to HQ rings, ended up with 24 rings.

went to PoK and got gold bars and coif patterns (12 combines). My wis was 207, skill 135 with geerlock.

after 12 combines of coifs (8 successes)(triv 146) i moved up to a skill of 138. Thats an average of 1 skillup per 4 combines.

i sold back about 4 of them, got back my cost of the gold bar and pattern (had a cha of 180). Then i wnt to halas and gave the others to newbies that were naked. (i also made a bunch of them the patchwork armor, all they needed to do was bring me ruined pelts)

That's pretty cool! To date I haven't made many things for newbies (mainly because so many are twinked nowadays). I usually just give out buffs on the sly or occasionally give away old armor, but I haven't done the "you bring me ruined pelts and I'll give you armor" deal yet. I have made a few tunare-only weapons and given those away, but that's been about it.

--Myrron
    Myrron Lifewarder, <Celestial Navigators>, Retired

Grandmaster Tailor ( 250 ) Master Brewer ( 200 ) Master Fletcher ( 200 ) Master Jewelcrafter ( 200 ) Master Smith ( 200 ) Master Baker ( 191 ) Master Potter ( 190 )

Comment

since i'm probably there farming spiderling silk or wolf/mammath meat, if the zone is not too crowded, i might be farming bear meat, which means i have the ruined pelts on me. Then i just tell them to buy the pattern for the pieces they need, and i'll make them the armor. If they are a real newbie (non twink, lower than lvl 5) i might give the 3-4 plat to buy the patterns with, and show them where to buy backpacks at.

it's easier that way, you have them hand you patterns, make them armor, hand it back. That way you don't have to inspect them and figure out what to make them.

sometimes i charge them spiderling silks or wolf meats, or lq/mq/hq pelts. It all depends on how crowded the zone is and how much stuff i make them. If it's too crowded with newbies for me to farm spiderling silks, i'll usually /ooc that i'll buy it for a few plat each.

heck, the other day i gave a lvl 9 barb shammy a howling harpoon, what did i get in return, 3 stacks of spiderling silks, 5 hq bear pelts and 4 stacks of ruined bear pelts(which i made armor for newbies with).

Comment

Working...
      X