Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Rates with skill significantly above triv

Happy Friday all!

I always thought that regardless of how high your skill was above an item's trivial, you always had a 5% chance of failure. This would mean that on any given item, your best success rate could never exceed 95% (e.g. if an item trivial was 100, a person with 120 skill would have as good of a chance at success as a person with 250 skill).

I got involved in a conversation with several other tradeskillers the other evening who were convinced that having a higher skill level would indeed give you a better chance at success (in the above example the person with 250 skill would have a better chance at success than the person with the 120 skill).

What is the current community consensus on this issue? Is there a cap, or no (or do certain items have a cap and certain ones don't)?

Thanks,
    Tiny

5% does seem to be the lowest, by almost all accounts...

As for How high above trivial you have to be to get there, I'm not sure anyone has asked.

Generally 20 above trivial I seem to stop failing on most items...

At 140 tailoring I've made about 25 Hand Tailored Backpacks without a fail.

Interestingly though, I made 79 out of 80 Mino Heroes brews last set with a 226 skill and geerlok, adjusted 238 or so... when they trivial at 248, so go figure.

/knock on wood

Comment

Well - if you apply the currently accepted tradeskill success formula (Success = Skill - 0.75*Trivial + 51.5 (rounded up, for Trivial>= 68 )), you end up with a calculated success rate of about 104%. Based on that formula, you actually reach a 95% success rate at a skill level of 229 (100% calculated at 234).

If there is indeed a 95% cap - you had a GREAT run of luck with the RNG! Perhaps you should go buy a lottery ticket

-Tiny

Comment

Yah, I'll get that lottery ticket once I make my trophy .

Tailoring always has had fewer fails for me than any other skill, that brewing run was unusual, I have been failing 5-10% of the time on average for a while.... I've made more than 1000 mino hero brews, most of which can be purchased for low low prices from the Gal that sells Casks at the Inn in Erudin on Brell. hehe

That formula I hadn't really looked at before, saw it once, but I had no decent skills... thanks for posting it.

Comment

Working...
        X