Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox

I just noticed.

When you list out receipes, the [+] boxes on subcombines does not work in firefox. I'm not sure if it's worth the time or effort to fix/look into. Maybe simple for all the scripting gurus.

Same pages work fine for IE tho.

Alot of people are using firefox as a substitute, so I'm just suggesting might be worth looking into.

(or maybe it's my version/settings, so feel free to correct me if I'm doing something wrong)

Sea!

Elder Sealody

70 Druidess... Too many AAs
    < Brotherhood of the Spider >

Been using Firefox quite a long time... and I don't seem to have any problem you are describing...
    Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
    Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
    --Officer of The Renegades--
    --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

And... I am using VERY standard code there... so it more seems a problem with Mozilla... I know they are big on standards... but they seem to miss a few here and there. That is standard, to the letter, CSS and javascript.

Pluss... javascript is my weak point... I know next to nothing about it. If we have an expert on Mozilla AND javascript here I would be willing to share that code fragment (heck it is modified public domain code anyway)
      Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
      Grandmaster Smith 250
      Master Tailor 200
      Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

I'm also using Firefox. And all the [+] links work for me perfectly.
        Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
        EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Quickly experimenting in 1.0PR, I seem to be able to break the + expansions only if Javascript is disabled. None of the advanced Javascript options break it, though disallowing Javascript to change images gives you broken images.

Looking in about:config, nothing with the word "javascript" seemed a likely culprit either.

What version of Firefox are you using?
          The earliest I experimented with was Firebird 0.6.1, though the earliest I used as prime browser was Firefox 0.8, and I haven't had any Javascript-related problems, on EQTC or elsewhere.

Comment

Hmmm...

On the full receipe list, it says: 'Click on the + to expand and the - to collapse the tree.'

If I click on the little [+], nothing expands. On IE it works fine. I checked my options in firefox, all java/script are turn on. I dont believe it's any ad-type blocker on my end.

Everything else works fine on this site. Search boxes, menus all good. Very rarely have problems on other sites as well with firefox. Nice that people are finally getting away from 'Only viewable using MS IE' thinking.

Anything you think I can check to see if maybe it's my end?

Sea!

Elder Sealody

Comment

I didnt see the last few messages while I was writing my last message.

I'm using 0.9.2. Options, web features. Java and Javascript both on. Everything in advanced is checked/on.

Strange then. I dont know if others says its fine. Just means its my end that's messed up somewhere.

Sea!
              Last edited by Lothay; 09-24-2004, 04:07 PM.

Elder Sealody

Comment

I don't suppose you have an anti-virus program with script blocking? Norton does that sort of thing, for instance.
                Inyidd Bullneck - Dorf Waryer - Morell-Thule

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every last second of it!

Comment

I give up on this. I am running nortons internet security. I turned it completely off and gave the web page a try. Nothing still.

Firefox works fine for almost every single web page I visit, just not those little [+] boxes. Anyone got any other websites page I can visit to try it out. Others have already said that their firefox works fine so it's obviously something wrong/broken with my end. oh well. =(

Sea!
                  Last edited by Lothay; 09-24-2004, 04:07 PM.

Elder Sealody

Comment

Perhaps just a reinstall would fix things?

Visit my signature gallery!

Comment

I'm running 0.9.3 and it works fine

I actually upgraded from 0.9.2 due to problems I was having with that build on various sites. It was over a month ago, so I can't remember if EQTraders was one of the ones or not. I think I even got some browser crashes on 0.9.2 which helped inspire the upgrade.

I really ought to upgrade to the latest pre-release. Thanks for reminding me!
                      -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com

Comment

Firefox RC1 on windows, works great for me.

FIrefox 0.9.3 on FreeBSD, does not (and all javascript options are on).

Specifically:
                        Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040903 Firefox/0.9.3

*shrug*

Axly (51 Warrior) || Torcha (62 Necro) || Revivia (64 Cleric)
                        Yowler (66 Bard) || Hazram (31 Wizard)

Comment

I have no problems with Firefox 1.0PR with Java and Javascript enabled.

Comment

Working...
                          X