Alchemy skill-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy skill-ups

Maybe I missed this in the alchemy information, but I still cant figure out how level/skilling up works for alchemy. And now for some reason, I cant get to any pages but the main page for eq traders so I cant read it again to see if I just missed it somewhere. I dont know if its an issue with the connection on this computer or the website. =/

My shammy leveled to 28 and I put the points I was allowed into Alchemy skill. This brought me up to 20 skill. (I know now I could have trained at 25, but I hadnt been to a trainer in a while ) Then I went and spent 2k plat making SoW potions (which triv at 30something) and got not one, thats right, not a single skill up.

Ok, so I have been told that its based on level. But if I got the skill at 25, dont you get the ability to raise it every level? Or does alchemy work on some other weird system for raising the skill?

When I leveled to 29 last night, I went to the trainer again, just for fun. I tried training alchemy and he let me train one point, which puts me at 21 skill. Then I got the 'advanced tradeskills must be learned in the field' message again. I havent tried any combines for skill ups since leveling to 29.

So at any rate I am really confused now. Can someone please help me out with how alchemy raises and when I should bother dumping more plat into supplies for practice? Is there a chart somewhere on this site that I just cant access right now? Help!
    Zzule D`Aemon
    High Priestess of Innoruuk
    Ring of Cobalt
    Rallos Zek

You must have missed it - it's right on the top of the learn alchemy guide: http://www.eqtraders.com/learn/learn_alchemy2.htm

(Your character level minus 24) times 5

So: (28-24)*5 = 20

At 29, your upper limit is 25.

Comment

Thank you!!! I cant get to the learn anything guide today from here. I will look again when I get home.
      Zzule D`Aemon
      High Priestess of Innoruuk
      Ring of Cobalt
      Rallos Zek

Comment

hmm

Unlike any other trade skill out there.. alchemy is skill based on your Game level. not the level of your skill.... each time you level you can advance your skill by 5 points(or so).. because of this. most shamans wait till level 34ish... and then just make tons of sow potions till they become trivial... Then move on to somethign like invis vs undead potions.. They usually wait a few levels inbetween trying to make potions till they get to a level where they can make something useful. most utility potions are considered useless and don't sell back for much. Or at least go for the Cheapest to make for that range of points.

Venerable Mystipul Myst'Rakkastaja
        Phantom Raiders

Comment

Working...
        X