Ring of Scale faction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring of Scale faction?

Anyone got any good tips for doing Ring of Scale faction? Obviously aoe'ing mistmoore castle works, if you have 40 hours to aoe it.

I'm wondering if there are any known mobs that give faction hits larger than "1" per kill. Used to be King Kazom Stormhammer gave a hefty faction hit, but they nerfed that already, and I've confirmed this.

-Bolas
    Buy My Stuff!

Moving this to OOC, as it's not related to tradeskills.

According to Illia's extensive list it appears that the options are pretty much Mistmoore, giants and named goblins in Permafrost, orcs in Everfrost, or any bards (including the mail bards in each city). My guess would be that bards might have higher hits since there's more negative consequences, but that's just a guess.
    Retiree of EQ Traders...
    Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
    Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
    Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
    EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Hhk

Some of the named on the top floor of High Hold Keep give rather large RoS faction hits. I went AFK on the spawn spot of Carson McCabe overnight and my pet got me from KOS to max ally by the morning. Mistress Anna, just through the wall from Carson, also gives RoS faction, although I don't know how large her hits are. She's much wimpier and has a faster respawn time however. I didn't experiment with any of the others. Allakhazam's doesn't list these mobs as giving RoS faction, but they do.

Comment

Illia's is wrong on the Perma/EF info, I tested it last week. No RoS faction for killing: Elite gob guards, High Priest, Dip, Ice giant (EF and Perma), Ice giant magus, anything in the King room, any gob at the entrance. I suppose its possible that other random named give faction, but I wouldn't bet on it. Was disappointing.

As far as I can see its just MM or bards.

Freyya
        65 ranger
        Quellious

Comment

I found Mistress anna, though I can't find Carson Mcgabe. What loc is he at? the Mistress's faction hits are pretty weak.

Comment

I don't have a loc on Carson, but he's up at the very top of the keep -- he spawns in a room next to the balcony overlooking the courtyard but he's on a longer timer than a lot of the other NPCs that are commonly farmed in the zone.
            -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com

Comment

I found Carson McCabe, there is a guard directly through the wall from anna, He's a Ph. spawntime is pretty fast but carson is nasty enough i can't afk camp him on my enchanter, though enchanter pets never have been top notch. The sad thing though is after a day of camping both of them, My faction has yet to visibly move, Even with collaberation, Im scowling.

Update: Foolish me, I forgot Minion of Scale and Ring of Scale are independant, so when i thought I was still KoS its because I was kos to minions, and not ring. Mistress is apparently yes a decent way to do it, I estimate 6 hours, but i've gotten 4 clerics their pearl shards, plus I exped in skyfire for a while. Maybe less wtihout that.
              Last edited by Braellaar; 09-09-2004, 02:13 AM. Reason: I was wrong =P

Comment

Working...
              X