Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailoring 0 - 115 my experience

Well here goes... Tailoring 0-115

My play time has decreased and just to have fun I started playing on CT. I started a Beastlord, Druid and Ranger. I used the BL to farm shadeling silk and hopper hides in Shadeweavers thicket. I Kill all Hoppers and silkworms. Silkworms spawn once a day so while they are spawning try and kill them as fast a possible so they re-spawn over and over. I have been able to collect up to 6 stacks of 20 in one cycle.

I saved all hopper hides Damaged, Low Med and High. Also I buy any quality hides from the vendors there. I figure money won’t be a issue once I start making Leather Padding. I found that Leather Padding sells in the bazaar for between 30-50pp per. I will be using the plat to buy Wisdom gear in the bazaar. If you watch the bazaar prices you can pick up some good deals. I also tried to buy Items that my BL and Ranger could wear as well.

I also kill any lesser shades they can also drop shadeling silk and Swirling Shadows. The Swirling Shadows will sell for 30-50 plat in the bazaar.

From 1-26 I did Tattered Hopperhide masks. I purchased the patterns and the sewing kit in Shadeweavers. One Damages Hopperhide and one mask pattern combined in a sewing kit. Now I started making Leather Padding. I only made the padding I needed for cash now. I felt as I got higher in skill I would fail less so I was stingy here and only made what I needed.

From 27-36 I did Raw Silk Masks. For this step I leveled to 14. I then headed my Druid Range combo out to East Karana. I brought my sewing kit and 30-40 mask patterns. I stated killing the lions and Carrion spiders. I combine the silk and made swatch as I went. As I leveled here I saved any MQ and HQ pelts as well as all Spider Silk. By the time I was up to Level 19 I had 97 Hq pelts and 120 MQ pelts and well as 200 silk swatches. I also hit that forage button every time it come up tea leaves foraged here will bring 20p each in the bazaar.

Its was time to start Brewing and Smithing. I needed to brew Heady Kiolas for cured silk. I also needed Smithing to make the skinning knife and studs.

For my brewing skill ups I went to POK and brewed Fetid Essence a fishing grub and a flask of water in a Brew Barrel. This this took me up to 122 for just a few plat. I then went and brewed up Heady Kiola's. I figured at this point my failure rate should be lower and cost me less in the end. These will also sell well in the bazaar for 4-5p.

For my smithing I did it in PoK I made Metel Bits to 0-18. I then used the bits I had made to make Scalars to 19-41. After I hit 18 skill I waited to make any more bits until I ran out of them making scalers. That way my skill was higher and I failed making the metal bits less. Next I did Large Lanterns 42-68. Then 69-74 I did dairy spoons. This is when I made a file, Skinning knife and filet knife. I use the Sinning knife to lower the quality of my MQ rock hopper hides and make Leather Padding from them.

I Kept farming hopper hides and Shadeling silk for income. I also leveled in North Karana for 19-21 Killing Lions and Highland Lions and anything else blue I could find. I collected 3 HQ lion skins for the fleeting quiver. I have not decided if I should sell these of wait until I can make attempts at the Fleeting quiver myself

37-56 I did Studded Masks. I used these since they only take 1 stud. Now that I can efficiently make studs I took the MQ cat pelts I collected in EK and used them to skill up to 56. All left over pelts I reduced to LQ and make Leather Padding from. I started a Dark Elf Necro and sent him to slaughter all the spiderlings. Not as efficient as Shaded silk from silk wurms in Shadeweavers but you can't make leather padding from LQ cat pelts and shadeling silk.

57-82 I did Cured Silk Masks. I Brewed up a batch of heady Kiolas and start in this went fast. My wisdom was in the 160s at this point. When you reach 82 save the rest of your Silk Swatches you will need them for Wu's later.

83-88 I did Backpack Now I took those HQ rock hopper hides that my BL has been collecting and start making back packs. I made all the packs I could and sold them in the bazaar for 75p. I made them in the bazaar in from of the bag token NPC and just turned them in as I made them.

89-95 I did Gray hopper hide boots. My druid and ranger were level 21 bye now so I took them to Maru Seru to hunt Grey hoppers. Gray hoppers drop LQ rock hopper hide and Gray hopper hides. This also helps support my Leather padding addiction. the frist night I got 24 grey hopper hides and 43 LQ hides.

96-115 I did Tailored Quivers. I also did this at the bag token NPC and put them on my bazaar vendor. I have been selling them slowly at 4p about 1 per day.

I am very efficient at making my leather padding now. I can collect 40+ LQ rock hopper hides in MS a night and enough shadeling silk to make leather padding. I have also leveled to 24 with my druid and 25 with my ranger there. 40 Leather Padding @45p = 1800p per day. Leather padding has never been on my vendor for more then 2 hours.

I have used the proceeds of my sales to buy Wisdom gear and Hp gear. As well as fund other trade skills.

I have started an enchanter and got him up to level 10 I need to get to 12 so I can start to make the vials for Wu’s witch will be my next step in tailoring. I have also started pottery I will most likely spend a few nights in Unrest killing the yard trash for zombie skins to make my own vials.

They are many other ways to accomplish these tasks but this was my chosen route. Having fun and making progress. One day the Shawl will be mine

Ravenbark Druid 24 - Tailoring 115, Baking 191, Brewing 122, Pottery 122, Smithing 92.
    Aerolin Ranger 25 - Fletching 102.
    Last edited by Darkarrow; 07-15-2004, 12:15 PM. Reason: Cleand up the text

Sounds like fun. I wish the game were more centered around advancing your characters like this, so muchmore fun than grind grind grind for xp in later levels.

Comment

Interesting to read.

FYI, Crow's Special Brew can be used now to make vials with. (Which can be vendor bought in Abyssmal Sea)

If you always want to hunt where you get tradeskill stuff (regardless of groups or exp modifiers) you can probably hunt various forms of spiders until you are 65. Kaesora, Crystal Caverns, Naggy's Lair, Velk's all have decent drop rates. Other spiders for exp past that, but the drop rates aren't that good.
      Qralt Trademaster
      Knights of Freedom
      65 Wizard

Comment

0 - 54 in all tradeskills Free in GoD

For those who have GoD, you can get your skills up to 54 for free by doing the Abysmal Sea Tradeskill Quests on the boat. For skills like jewelcraft, tailoring and smithing which require either farming or money to buy components, its a nice way to get your tradeskills going without spending anything other than the time required to do it.

One other thing which helps to get your skills up there naturally are stat buffs (WIS, INT or DEX for fletching and STR for smithing) and a geerlock. The better your chance for success, the more likely you are to succeed.

-Bael

Comment

Working...
        X