Interesting icons in EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting icons in EQ

I was browsing some EQ forums when I came across an interesting article on RPGExpert.com that lists the icons used by every item in the game. I found a few of them interesting enough to share.

At first, I thought Ngreth had earned himself a spot in the EQ icon library!

But then I realized that it must be his evil cousin, because this one is all bloody. =)

More of interest to tradeskillers, I saw the following bunch of icons a bit further down.

Now, we all know the bottom icon to be a brewing geerlok, but I have never seen the others before. I'd also never taken a good look at the brewing geerlok icon; here in context, it's clear the icon is actually a brew barrel. The other icons are, in order, a pottery wheel, a kiln, an oven, and a forge.

That accounts for pretty much all the stationary tradeskill containers I could think of, though I didn't see an icon that could be a loom -- and we already have sewing kits. Not sure how the spit figures into this, though (it's a portable oven, basically).

I wonder if they originally intended to put portable versions of these containers in the game, but then decided against it?
    Last edited by KyrosKrane; 05-03-2004, 06:05 AM.
    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those small icons of the stationary TS containers are what you see when you open them as part of the interface. Look at the top the next time you've got one of those open for a combine and tell me if I'm right or not!
    -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com

Comment

^_^

Ancarett is correct. There are mini icons in containers when you open them. If you use a custom UI you may not see them.

-- Sanna
      Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
      Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
      Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
      Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
      [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
      Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

I'm suprised there isn't a loom one, but then again it may look like the sewing kit. guess I better look

Comment

Huh. I honestly didn't remember seeing them in game. I don't use a full custom UI, but I do use a few customized windows here and there that I cobbled together. I'll have to go back and check whether container windows are using some sort of custom interface.
          Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
          Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
          Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
          Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

It would only be in the new tradeskill interface. So if that is custom you would miss it.
            Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
            Grandmaster Smith 250
            Master Tailor 200
            Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

It should also show in the old/Experimental interface, since that's a standard combinable bag, and the default UI includes the bag's icon near the top.

Those icons were used even in the original interface (the 640x480 one) if I recall correctly, and every iteration since.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Grimrose
                I'm suprised there isn't a loom one, but then again it may look like the sewing kit. guess I better look
                It does.
                Draggar De'Vir
                92 Assassin - Povar

Xzorsh
                57 Druid of Tunare - Povar
                47 Druid of Tunare - Lockjaw

Hark! Who is that, prowling along the fields! It is Draggar De'VIr, hands clutching two hardened pitas! He cries gutterally: "In the name of Thor the Mighty, I hereby void your warranty, and send you back to God!!!"

"No one can predict the future, so we all should eat our desserts first!" - Gaye from 'The Maelstorm's Eye" (Cloakmaster's Cycle book 3)

Comment

Wow, I never realized the icon for the brewing geerlok IS a mini-version of the brewing barrel!

Comment

Working...
                  X