No announcement yet.

400 combines per skill in GoD tradeskill quests in the fewest clicks possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 combines per skill in GoD tradeskill quests in the fewest clicks possible

I'm all about efficiency so I found a way to reduce the number of overall clicks required for these GoD quests. Here are my notes:

1) Never destroy unused ingrediants and always turn in items UNSTACKED or you won't get credit full credit for ANY of them. It's odd but that's how it seems to work when I do the quests.

2) Don't use autoinventory when working with portable containers. Instead, hand them directly to the quest NPC as you make them. Click "combine" and hand to NPC. Then, with the NPC trade window still open, click combine again and hand over 3 more (unstacked). Then click on trade. That's 9 clicks to hand over each 4 results, 45 total clicks per stack. If you use autoinventory, it'll take 40 just to drop a full stack into your bags, then another 41 to hand that stack over to the NPC. For non-portable containers, like forge and brew barrel, you won't have this option.

3) If you never destory unused ingrediants and if you always hand them in one at a time, the quest will actually accept fewer than 400 combines to successfully complete the quest. I tested this on two out of five different tradeskills last night. In those two, I failed 2 out of 400 combines but still got flagged after turning in just 398 successes.

4) Make a hotkey for key phrases and keep NPC targeted during the quest (fewer clicks). The phrase itself will vary, "I will aid", "I will do a task", etc., so just update hotkey as you move to the next quest NPC.

5) The NPC wants you to make 100 combines of 4 different items, but only gives you enough ingrediants for 20 (one stack). Sometimes, there is only one ingrediant for combine, sometimes 2 or 3. All successful combines are learnable (tradeskill UI) and stackable.

6) After making 100 attempts of the first item, the NPC will automatically start you on the second item, then the third, then the fourth. No hails, special words, or procedures are necessary to progress to through the 4 different items.

7) YOu know you've successfully complete the quest when giving the key phrase no longer puts items on your cursor. You are now GoD flagged forthat particular tradeskill.

8) You don't need the special 6-slot "reinforced jeweler's kit" for the 400 combines in the JC quest version. However, to do any actual GoD jewelcrafting with pale nihilite and shimmering nihilite, you will need that kit, no substitutes. I don't know yet if you can do non-GoD combines in that kit, will have to check it out later tonight.

That's it for my notes. Thank you and enjoy.

Re: 400 combines per skill in GoD tradeskill quests in the fewest clicks possible

Originally posted by ppatti
    6) After making 100 attempts of the first item, the NPC will automatically start you on the second item, then the third, then the fourth. No hails, special words, or procedures are necessary to progress to through the 4 different items.
    Did they fix the bug? There was a bug, at least the baking one, where after turning in the 400 of the first tier items, the NPC did not give you the second tier quest. Did you confirm that the NPC gave you the second tier quest, specially in baking?

See this thread for more information on the quest and the bug.

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/upload...&threadid=14183

Taushar

Carpe Diem, Carpe Nocturn
    Taushar Tigris
    High Elf Exemplar of 85th circle
    Druzzil Ro server

Necshar Tigris
    Gnome Necromancer of 32nd circle

Krugan
    Barbarian Rogue of 61st circle

Katshar
    Vah Shir Shaman of 26th circle

Comment

about baking

Yes, I did finish all 4 tiers of baking and can now refine my own (useless) taelosian wheat. One thing I did notice was tier 1 and tier 2 both use oatmeal and hot water. The difference was that tier 2 adds a pie tin (3rd ingrediant) and requires baking in a spit or oven, vice tier 1 requiring a mixing bowl.

Comment

Working...
      X