Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I can make great armor, what weapons can I make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I can make great armor, what weapons can I make?

Quick question. I feel like making a few guildmates and friends equipment. I can make great plate (LDoN plate), but I can't seem to find any good weapons to make that don't require GoD drops. Are there any good weapon combines that are available to me?

I have like 178 smithing, and I'm a level 32 Berserker, so farming for Black Acrylia supplies is a bit hard for me.

Re: I know I can make great armor, what weapons can I make?

Originally posted by KiTA
    Quick question. I feel like making a few guildmates and friends equipment. I can make great plate (LDoN plate), but I can't seem to find any good weapons to make that don't require GoD drops. Are there any good weapon combines that are available to me?

I have like 178 smithing, and I'm a level 32 Berserker, so farming for Black Acrylia supplies is a bit hard for me.
    Since :

1) You're level 32.
    and
    2) Your smithing is not 250.

Your only choice is
    http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_...=2985&menustr=

There's your "quick answer" to your "quick question".

-Lilosh
    Last edited by Lilosh; 04-06-2004, 02:08 AM.
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Re: I know I can make great armor, what weapons can I make?

Originally posted by KiTA
      Are there any good weapon combines that are available to me?
      I have a quicker answer.

No.

Smithed weapons universally stink.

Comment

Tae Ew 2 handed swords are selling well for me.
        Black Acrylia is alright but too high a triv for my liking.

But at your skill/ level you are not likely to make anything truely amazing. I can't think of any lower end weapons which are worth the effort getting the ingredients for.

Comment

Re: Re: I know I can make great armor, what weapons can I make?

Originally posted by kiztent
          Smithed weapons universally stink.

Nah, Coldheart is right.

Tae Ew and Black Acrylia aren't bad. But not at level 36 (unless he buys the parts) and not at 170 smithing.

-Lilosh
          Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
          President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
          Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Actually I had pretty good success with Tae Ew stuff at 180+ skill. I was like 4 for 8 on tunics when I got a stack of tae ew blood.
            Kaaba Cloudberry
            75 Ranger of Prexus
            Fuschia Bloodflowers
            75 Druid
            Talionis

Comment

GoD smithing is relatively doable, and at 178+ geerlock, you should be able to do pale platinum with a reasonable success rate... it's only 1 Aligned Ore, and 1 Raw Pale Nihilite per attempt (considering you can find a Jewelcrafter to make the kits), which shouldn't be TOO expensive (depending on your servers bazaar)

granted the ratios aren't great, but the stats, sv's, and overall risk vs reward is fairly decent. Wis casters would like the 1hb's and int casters would like the piercers... the lack of hp/mana on them is probably their only downfall.

As for the shimmering stuff... run... run like the wind... and never look back...

Comment

Working...
              X