Siren's Grotto Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siren's Grotto Strategy

I have a group looking to hunt the well in Siren's Grotto. The few times we've tried to get there since the revamp have turned into complete wipes. Does anyone have some kind of strategy to hunt that are? Our guild has a few folks needing drops there for their Coldain Rings and the Shawls. Thanks in advance.

*edit*
    Moved this from another thread. Looked and saw it was posted in the wrong area. Thanks.

Having just hunted there for those drops, expect to wipe at least once. The pathing for the sirens/neriads is absolutely terrible and instead of the one you think you have ... you've got 8 in a matter of seconds as they warp to you.

If you pull very very carefully, you may be able to get the drops in a reasonable 2 or 3 hour session.

Usually, we run in, succor to WW zoneline, then move to the Ulthork area and drop into the water for the swordfish/neriads.

/grumble - of course, if I want to attempt the 7th again, after failing the next to last combine ... I'm gonna have to go get another Runed Sea Shell myself. /sigh
    Tanliel Ta'Eldareva
    WebBard, Heroes of Luclin
    300: Baker, Jeweler, Potter, Fletcher
    250+: Brewer, Smith
    247: Tailor

Quoth Ngreth, "It is all very mathy."

Comment

Gonna try in about two days. Will post if anything seems to work well for us.

Comment

hard to say cause don't know whp you are bringing. personally i can solo anythuing in zone except a few of the nameds. try goign with 1 or 2 60+ people, should have np getting what you need

Comment

Group of 6 between 60 and 65....cleric, druid, pally,warrior, rogue and chanter. We've had 2 groups try the well area and wipe big time. I'm guessing it was because before the revamp, you could pretty much barrel to the bottom without bringing the whole zone down on top of ya, which doesn't seem to be possible now. I'm guessing we just need to slow things down a bit when heading down there.

Comment

I used to solo down the well all the time. Invis down the well (watch the see invis swordfish) then swim out of the water. If there is a seahorse spawned at the bottom you are gonna have trouble, but if you move fast enough you can usually make it thru the tunnel to the bigger pool beyond.

Once there you can hop out of the water to the right and move to the wall. It's easy to single pull mermaids to this spot, just be careful. Stuff likes to dispell and gate sometimes so just be aware of this. Watch out for the named, they are considerably harder.

Eliak Quickblade
            Forest Stalker of Tunare
            Karana Server

Comment

We did this with 4 people as I recall: Level 61 druid, 63 warrior, 63 enchanter, and 62 cleric. First try we lost someone when invis popped. Second try got in fine.

We succorred in, invised up, and went to the bottom of the well. Turned left after we got out of the water (or right if you're facing the stairs), and followed the wall (left) to a little room. There was one spawn in there plus some wanderers that walked by. Basically we all stayed as far in the room as possible. After we killed the room spawn, we were able to single or double pull to that room.

I won't say it wasn't challenging, but it can be done with less than a full 60+ group. I wouldn't do this without an evacer though. )

Cazic-Thule Server
              300 Tinker, 300 Potter, 300 Fletcher, 300 Brewer, 279 Tailor, 225 Blacksmith

Comment

We finally made a go at it on Friday. Only had problems once and that was when I checked out the little alcove just under the water in the well. The seahorse and two of the swordfish made short work of me, but the rest of the party got out. We pulled the bottom of the well up and finished them off and proceded to the bottom of the well afterwards. We used that as our "base camp" and pulled stuff from the temple area to there. Went pretty well, except the one time we pulled about 7-8 mermaids/sirens at once. Don't ask me how we did it, but we made it out in one piece without having to evac. In the end, we got about 2 or 3 shells with EB on them and about 7 million with cloud on them. Also got a bunch of the gems for the SS quest armor and about 120 plat to split between the 6 of us after peri reimbursement. Very nice experience there to boot.

Comment

Working...
                X