What feature would you like on EQTC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What feature would you like on EQTC.

Ok. I am finally asking for feature requests for EQTraders.

Here are the rules.
    [list=1][*] This is for requests not demands. Demands will be ignored.[*] I may say no.[*] Please make the requests realistic.[*] I may say no becasue I do not see a way to do it.[*] Please keep all feature requests in this forum.[*] I may say no becasue we do not want the site to have that feature.[*] Realize that I am self taught, so I will not be fast on features that I decide to implement.[*] I may say no[*] If I say no, it is not because I personally hate you, nor that I am out to get you... it is because of one of the previous reasons.[/list=1]

Remember... I am the House Ogre, and I am not afraid to use my stick

One thing to which we will automatically say no: Any page that is going to require alot of manual updates. It just will not happen.

Also... Unless there is overwelming demand for it, I will avoid doing things that require cookies, logins or simmilar "personalization" features. There are just SOOOO many problems with that
    Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
    Grandmaster Smith 250
    Master Tailor 200
    Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

This is for requests not demands. Demands will be ignored.

Also... Unless there is overwelming demand for it, I will avoid doing things that require cookies, logins or simmilar "personalization" features. There are just SOOOO many problems with that

Comment

Personally, I'd love to see the tradeskill prices by tradeskill have a poison section. On that topic, I am sure there are those who would want a tinkering section as well.
      Turlo Lomon
      Deceiver of Drinal
      "Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."

Comment

One thing I have wanted to see for a long time is cross links between your information and Alakzham (I know, asking a lot). He has some information that your missing (like the information on mobs that drop items, zones, spawn times etc, and he controls Lucy now too). And your trade skill search/expand/navigation are much easier to use than his.

I see a lot of duplication of effort which could be combined to make THE trade skill information.

Im sure the 2 of you share lies and mead at Fan Fairs, has this idea ever come up?

Comment

This is not a request for something to be allowed to the general public, but an extension of an idea I had a while back.

I don't know what your tables look like but it seems to me that with the aid of some serious pharmaceuticals you could hallucinate a REALLY nasty query to automatically find "profitable" combines and forward the info off to whoever is the tradeskill contact of the week for Sony.

I probably don't have strong enough mushrooms though.
          Koutarou - 80 Cleric
          2014 and counting, slowly...

Comment

SQL?

No hallucination required on the pricing thing, all you need is access to the pricing data for the individual items plus the prices for the final combine to find something that is potentially profitable. I write stuff like that every day, would be more than happy to assist if needed.

More on topic:

I would love to see an advanced search page. Something where I pick a tradeskill, pick a minimum and maximum trivial range. It returns all the combines that meet those cirteria. Optional entry fields would be name (or partial), maximum combine cost (if possible), maximum number of subcombines (if possible).

I realize the last two options might require semi-recursive queries to return, depending on your DB they may not be possible. Once again, if SQL help is needed, I would be happy to assist in that area. I really dislike front end coding (graphics, UI, etc), but like complex SQL problems so...

The output of the search should return a result template very similar if not exactly the same as the current recipe lists. If possible it could even be the same page to save coding work.

You can reach me on Tunare as Amberfox, typically play evenings 6-10 or so, EST. Thanks for all the work you have already put into this truly massive project.

- Amberfox

Comment

I would love to see an advanced search page. Something where I pick a tradeskill, pick a minimum and maximum trivial range. It returns all the combines that meet those cirteria. Optional entry fields would be name
              I would like to second the motion!

This site is the end all be all when it comes to trade skills, and this feature would be an excellent addition!

250 in brewing with a trophy! All other trade skills? /sigh don't ask.
              Magelo to see my junk.

Comment

I third the fact that I'd like to see a trivial/skill search feature added to the advanced search.

I'd also love for the listings that come up in a search to have the recipe and trivial shown as well as the item info (ala the recipe listing pages). Since often that's all the info that I need when I'm searching.
                ~Tudani
                Retired Shamaness of Talisman
                Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

Originally posted by Turlo Lomon
                  Personally, I'd love to see the tradeskill prices by tradeskill have a poison section. On that topic, I am sure there are those who would want a tinkering section as well.
                  This curently is just an article (not directly DB related) so it will mostly be a matter of time there. As for making it automatic, there are iussues with that.

What to do if there is a drop only part... that is also sellable so the DB has a price on it... include it or not?
                  What to do on a ND part (probably make it 0 cost)
                  What to do when there are multiple ways to make it (the recursion starts to get BAD...)
                  What to do when we is missing pricing info?
                  Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
                  Grandmaster Smith 250
                  Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Jaasper
                    One thing I have wanted to see for a long time is cross links between your information and Alakzham (I know, asking a lot). He has some information that your missing (like the information on mobs that drop items, zones, spawn times etc, and he controls Lucy now too). And your trade skill search/expand/navigation are much easier to use than his.

I see a lot of duplication of effort which could be combined to make THE trade skill information.

Im sure the 2 of you share lies and mead at Fan Fairs, has this idea ever come up?
                    The biget issue here is the diference in the way we do our db. It would be a HUGE MANUAL linking... tons of work. And it would take an agreement. Plus... I don't like the idea curently of having a link that aways points to another site :/

This is not a No... But a "I want to think on it further." You can also give us drop (what mob in what zone drops it...) info in the DB submisions forum when you see it... even from allakhazham's. We each own the way we display the data... not the data itself
                    Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                    Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Koutarou
                      This is not a request for something to be allowed to the general public, but an extension of an idea I had a while back.

I don't know what your tables look like but it seems to me that with the aid of some serious pharmaceuticals you could hallucinate a REALLY nasty query to automatically find "profitable" combines and forward the info off to whoever is the tradeskill contact of the week for Sony.

I probably don't have strong enough mushrooms though.
                      Problem #1 is the fact that people do not get us much pricing info...
                      Problem #2 I don't do drugs... But hey, if you already do them... and I am NOT encouraging you to do them at all... when you are on a trip and come up with a query... let me know
                      Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                      Master Tailor 200

Comment

Re: SQL?

Originally posted by eepjr24
                        No hallucination required on the pricing thing, all you need is access to the pricing data for the individual items plus the prices for the final combine to find something that is potentially profitable. I write stuff like that every day, would be more than happy to assist if needed.

More on topic:

I would love to see an advanced search page. Something where I pick a tradeskill, pick a minimum and maximum trivial range. It returns all the combines that meet those cirteria. Optional entry fields would be name (or partial), maximum combine cost (if possible), maximum number of subcombines (if possible).

I realize the last two options might require semi-recursive queries to return, depending on your DB they may not be possible. Once again, if SQL help is needed, I would be happy to assist in that area. I really dislike front end coding (graphics, UI, etc), but like complex SQL problems so...

The output of the search should return a result template very similar if not exactly the same as the current recipe lists. If possible it could even be the same page to save coding work.

You can reach me on Tunare as Amberfox, typically play evenings 6-10 or so, EST. Thanks for all the work you have already put into this truly massive project.

- Amberfox
                        I will look into the more doable parts I can probably say no right off to the depth (subcombines... you are correct too many sub queries) and the prices (costs) go with the post above about what to do with odd pricing.
                        Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                        Master Tailor 200

Comment

Originally posted by Tudani
                          I'd also love for the listings that come up in a search to have the recipe and trivial shown as well as the item info (ala the recipe listing pages). Since often that's all the info that I need when I'm searching.
                          It you mean in the curent items search, I would have to say no. There are 3 issues...
                          [list=1][*] it would require UP TO 5 more DB queries for every item that comes up in the item search... Just not something I want to add. (everytime a recipie is needed there is a hit to get (1)the recipe, (2)the tradeskill container, (3)the components, (4)the extra success results, (5)the extra failure results. Now to only do the trivial I only need a second hit... (the first one)... but this second hit means it doubles what the computer needs to do on that page... which equates to the page taking twice as long to load... and giving the server twice as much load for that page...[*] what do you do when there is more than on trivial to make that one item, and yes there are cases where the trivial is diferent (baking tools that can be made with smithing and pottery)[*] potery items are a mess because of the firing step... and most trivials shown would be 15... which is not usefull.[/list=1]

If you mean on this theoretical new recipe search... well, yes it will be included.

The reason for a diferent recipe and item search is... item seach is more a "what is this item used for..." while recipe is more "I need trivials in this tradeskill" OR "I only want items that are the result of a recipe"
                          Last edited by Ngreth Thergn; 04-05-2004, 11:28 AM.
                          Ngreth Thergn

Grandmaster Smith 250
                          Master Tailor 200

Comment

Ok... gonna post my idea (as you haven't had enough of them already)...

Armor Sets:
                            - Build a Table with:
                            Armor Set Name
                            Item IDs for each component of the set

Generate a List of Armor Sets, that can be drilled into based on the Item IDs...

Potential to identify common components, with different quantities... maybe a complete sell/purchase price of the set to an NPC

Yep, would require manual entry of the sets... but since I do most of that anyway...
                            Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
                            Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
                            --Officer of The Renegades--
                            --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

I would love to see an export feature.
                              I quite often want to do some additional manipulation of data in a spreadsheet (like excel) and currently I have to parse the information quite a lot before being able to use it. (I just copy and paste off of the on screen lists)

It would be nice to be able to export even a slightly formated version of the data, e.g. csv or tab deliminated. Ideally from the results of the advanced search discussed above :-)

Cheers,

Jarak

Comment

Working...
                              X