Tip: Gathering accurate drop information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: Gathering accurate drop information

OK, I know that this isn't information for the main database as such, but it is information for contributors to the database, which is why I thought that I would post it here. I'd just thought I'd share my way of looting with everyone, which also makes sure that I collect accurate information.

Firstly, the preparation.
    1. Make sure that your log file is turned on (/log on)
    2. Set yourself up your own chat channel (/join <your name>)
    3. Make yourself a hotkey that reads as follows:

/target a (this automatically targets a mob beginning with "a" - most monsters)
    /pause 5 (allow the server to respond to the first command - you may have to adjust this dependant on how good you connection is)
    /1 looting %t (this tells your chat channel what you are looting but will not annoy those around you with spam)
    /loot (to actually open up the loot window)

Having done this you only need to stand near a body and hit this hotkey and it will target it and open up the loot window. Very useful in LDoNs to get mobs that have fallen in walls or by the zone out. At the end of the day you just need to trawl your log file and you will see your chat channel comment in the log immediately before the list of what you have looted.

I just cut and paste from the log onto the message boards to make sure that I have the correct spellings.

Runenblastem of Fennin Ro.
    Runenblastem of Fennin Ro

/target a (this automatically targets a mob beginning with "a" - most monsters)
    ================
    Unless your character's name also starts with "A," in which case you will target yourself everytime. (As my dwarf cleric Airkk found out many years ago...)

If that is the case, the first line of the Hotkey should be:

/target a_

Kirstin Thornhill
    Venerable Storm Warden
    My Tradeskills
    Ancient Fellowship ~ DRUZZIL RO (XEV) Server
    "Being cute doesn't mean being weak. It means being underestimated..."

Comment

/1 looting %t (this tells your chat channel what you are looting but will not annoy those around you with spam)
      Remember to replace the /1 with whatever # you personal chat channel is, mine is /2.
      Shortmid Isnotadruid
      70 Halfling Ranger
      Brindlewood Leader
      Bert (TP)

Comment

Originally posted by Shortmid View Post
        Remember to replace the /1 with whatever # you personal chat channel is, mine is /2.
        I keep toying with setting up a personal chat channel, but haven't found a need yet. Instead I just use: ;tell mycharactername xxx

You can't use /tell to talk to yourself, but if you use the ;tell for cross-server chat to your own name, it's accepted. It fails if the chat server is down, but I suspect the /1 version fails then also.

Having a personal channel would still be useful when I want to say something to myself that isn't part of a hotkey, but that doesn't arise too often.

Comment

if you or someone in group starts with a, then you should use 2 /tar lines to get the most mobs as possible. Once you have looted all those mobs, if there are ones that don't begin with a or an, then you can manually target and still use the hotkey to let you know which mob you are looting.

/pause 5,/tar a_
          /pause 5,/tar an_

Yther Ore.

Comment

You know Magelo has a great search engine for loot from mobs with how many times the mob has been looted and &#37; for that item. I use it all the time and run the data collector.
            Jackiey Channs Of Xegony
            Proud Member of Defenders of Fae
            80 Iksar Monk

Comment

If you use it, you need to keep the loot window open for about 2 seconds to make sure Magelo picks it up.
              Gaell Stormracer, Storm Warden of Tunare, United Kingdoms, Antonius Bayle

Comment

Originally posted by Gaell Stormracer View Post
                If you use it, you need to keep the loot window open for about 2 seconds to make sure Magelo picks it up.
                Hm, in that case it will be interesting to see if they can make it work with the new "shift-right-click to loot all" feature that I see in the SoF release notes. (Or is that only for looting player corpses? I haven't tried it out yet.)

Comment

Working...
                X