Best place to farm spider silk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to farm spider silk

Ugh there has been a serious drought for the past few days in the bazaar over here. Out of the last 5ish days I only saw spider silk / silk swatches for sale once, 250 silks @ 7pp. Before I got to the vendor they were all gone

Soooo... I'm gonna be farming for silks whenever they arent available because I'm just about done with all my skills except tailoring, what is the best place to go?

Thx

PS: I can farm any mob within reason, had no trouble soloing the PoValor mobs for sacred waters, so I don't care how tough it is. I just want the highest drop rate possible (keep respawn in mind, LGuk owns but the respawn sucks lol)
    Marauder Xerno Bigbrowz
    65th Deceiver
    <Fires of Time>
    Rodcet Nife

Crag spiders in EK, or as you say, LGuk

Comment

I used to take my Rog to FV, now I take my druid and drag along a wizard friend. Takes too long with my rog.

Fun zone to AoE, since the only thing on one side of the zone is spiders. Make yourself comfy in a corner and drag all the spiders you can see - they run fast so losing them should not be a problem. Boom, and save the honey berries.

Not as many silks as other zones, but a heck of a lot more spiders / pp.

Good luck.
      Sunburnt Dmize - 80 Druid - D-Ro
      300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

Phrump Eatsogres - 32 Gnome - D-Ro
      300 - Tinker +15%
      300 - Researcher +12%
      300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

Definitely go to EK. Crag spiders have been know to drop 1-6, and very rarely I believe 8 silks. Just make sure to keep killing everything in the zone and not just the spiders.
        Rewde
        Halfling Druid of 61 seasons
        Povar

Comment

I agree about FV, the Dreadland tunnel vicinity. Those drachnids are all over the place, and even though silk drop rate is much lower (0-2 silks per kill) than off crags, the high kill volume more than makes up for it. My personal experience with EK is that anytime I go there, there are 3-4 druids/rangers hogging every spider in sight, and if I am very lucky, and keep running all over the zone, I might end up with 4-5 kills per hour.

FV by DL tunnel is literally infested with drachnids. All I need is sit on my horse, tag drachnids with tash, and let my pet do the rest. Half an hour later, I head out with 3-4 stacks of silk, and a couple hundred pp to boot.
          Bregalad Alcarin, High Elf Coercer, Xev <In Via Dämnum>

Comment

only one problem with fv

drachnids are a good thing for most classes to farm, but might not be the best for rogues. I think most of the drachnids are rangers so they all put damage shields up. should not be a problem at 65 though.

Comment

ding ding ding, Zeal gets the prize. That's the MAIN reason why it took so long with my rog. I'd literally kill myself beating them down, then I'd have to clicky heal up. 6k hps seem like a lot when the mobs hit you very rarely, but inflicting self damage every swing adds up, and fast.

This is certainlly not the camp for the solo rog. Wine and dine a silk - pull the zone to them and loot.
              300 - Tailor +15%, Smith +12%, Fletcher +12%, Brewer +12%, JC +12%, Potter +12%, Baker +12%

300 - Tinker +15%
              300 - Researcher +12%
              300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

How Many More Threads on this Exact Same Subject

Must We Endure?
                Zandal
                100 LORD PROTECTOR of NORRATH
                Zandal's Magelo

Comment

EK and FV are definitely good places. Heart Spiders in Guk (upper or lower, haven't been in a while so can't remember.)

South Ro isn't too bad either. When I was hunting the AC, I would regularly gather up all the spiders and AE them. Would get lots of the newbie armor junk, but also got quite a few silks. Also killed lots of pumas for the skins, and everything else that moved, especially rares (for the AC of course.)

And then I popped the AC and smacked him down hard.

If you are going to be in South Ro anyways, whether it's for the AC, a GuK LDoN adv, or hunting the Ghoul of Takish Hiz, kill every spider you see, while you wait. (And if the Terrorantulas show themselves, make an Erudite tailor happy, too.)
                  Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                  Silky Moderator Lady
                  Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Recently, found a great place to farm Spider silk. Dunno about your server, but in AB, Nagafens Lair is empty: Noone hunts there anymore, so, the spiders just before Giants are a great source.
                    250 Fletching, 250 Brewing, 232 Smithing, 250 Jewelry, 236 Pottery, 250 Baking, 232 Tailoring.

Comment

Keep in mind though that some of my twinks are 65 Cleric, 65 Shaman, 58 Druid Thanks for the info guys, gonna prolly try out EK and FV when there arent any in the bazaar.
                      Marauder Xerno Bigbrowz
                      65th Deceiver
                      <Fires of Time>
                      Rodcet Nife

Comment

Hehe well I went to SolB first, and I end up clearing the spiders and having 15 mins left for each spawn round =\ Been killing FGs and Efreeti PH for fun heh. This would be great if there were endless spawns but they run out way too fast
                        Marauder Xerno Bigbrowz
                        65th Deceiver
                        <Fires of Time>
                        Rodcet Nife

Comment

Re: How Many More Threads on this Exact Same Subject

Originally posted by drtyaty
                          Must We Endure?
                          Zand, it's a question - you may think it's stupid that it is asked again, but it's legit.

I suppose we could make light of your questions, even the ones that have been repeated - please try hard not to hit the reply key when you have a problem with a question. Either answer, or move on to the next post.

Again, gratz on 250 - just try to remember all the questions you had when you were <100.

/salute

300 - Tinker +15%
                          300 - Researcher +12%
                          300 - Tailor +12%

Comment

Originally posted by Bregalad
                            My personal experience with EK is that anytime I go there, there are 3-4 druids/rangers hogging every spider in sight, and if I am very lucky, and keep running all over the zone, I might end up with 4-5 kills per hour.
                            I was farming spiderling silks in Innothule the other day when a ranger showed up to do likewise. Being a wizard, my method of farming deep greens is to pull as many as I can find, then PBAoE them, 20 or 30 at a time. The ranger had the gall to tell me that it was "not nice" to pull more than one spiderling at a time. I told them that I was just farming the way my class farms, and that killing individual spiderlings one at a time was not practical for a wizard (especially one who has deleted all the baby nukes from his spellbook) They then threatened to start "picking off" spiderlings I had pulled. So I told them if they did, they'd get /reported.

Only afterward did I realize the reasoning behind their complaint. Pulling a crowd of spiderlings -but not killing them- was screwing up their ability to track... thus putting them on an even footing with me as far as farming (ie, run around and look). Poor baby!

I suppose an aggressive person who doesnt mind angering other players could intentionally use this tactic when faced with "hogging" trackers. It wont get you on their good side when you try to get foraged goods from them, though....

Comment

/feedback Give us an all spider zone for farmage like ya did for skins.

EK - Great drop per spider but the spiders are too few and the spawn table gets filled with trash kills.
                              FV - Spiders only drop 1 or 2 if they drop anything at all.
                              Guk - (This was my favorite) There is only 1 guk and 1000 tailors.

Im looking for a zone like Jagged Pines only with spiders instead of animals.

Comment

Working...
                              X