So how does GoD baking look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does GoD baking look?

I have just bought GoD, to be installed on tuesday.

I am about to go on a big Baking drive to really push it up (currently 196)

I have been looking at the GoD stuff and it seems like there is a whole load of recipies. I was just wondering how they all staked up, is it a realistic skill path?

Tuna seemed to have a nice spread of trivials if it cam be fished, how do the rest of the components fare?

If anyone has done a good bit of GoD baking i would appriciate hearing your views.

Many thanks in advance!
    Pootle Pennypincher
    Short in the eyes of some...
    Tall in the hearts of many!

I did 0 to 200 baking and 0 141 brewing (and ~50 to 130 fishing) By fishing for ~2 hrs I had enough crab and tuna to do all my baking. The fact that the fish sell for ~5gp a lb means that they can finance all the other required ingredients. Total cost to me somewhere between a 10pp loss and a 200pp gain (I have not done full stats yet). Note I used the newbie quests to get Bake and Brew to 54.

If you use only these sauces :
    Barbecue Sauce
    cup of sugar, Ground Pepper, red wine, vinegar

Beer Braising Sauce
    cup of sugar, Ground Pepper, red wine, short beer, vinegar

Beer-based Batter
    cup of flour, cup of sugar, Ground Pepper, red wine, short beer, vinegar

And these recipies :
    Meat Spit/Oven XXXX Sauce(Brew), YYYY Meat

Sandwich Spit/Oven Loaf of Bread XXXX YYYY Meat

Soup Spit/Oven Jug of Sauces, Water Flask XXXX YYYY Meat *Player made Pot*

Steaks Spit/Oven Jug of Sauces, Spices XXXX YYYY Meat

Rolls Spit/Oven Bat Wing XXXX YYYY Meat

Then all the ingredients can be bought on board (Bar the player made pot)

This method is probably not much use to you as you are already 196, but it is a very convient way to get to 200 (I think the top rolls triv is 207 ?)

On a side note if you don't want to bother with the fishing then there are loads of tuna / crabs on the vendors on the boat as people are cashingin on fishing. This will naturally cost you quite a bit.

On a second side note to regularly make the sauces needed you are going to want ~140 in brewing.

HTH

Jarak

Comment

I made about two stacks of Buttered Crab Souffle, but then I ran out of snake eggs. Got one skillup (192 to 193). Wanted to make this specific item, as in RL it would be such a yummy thing (and very hard to make).

Think I will go with the recipes where I can sell some of my fish/crab to buy all the ingredients rather than ones that require foraged/dropped items.

The one thing which disappoints me a little is as yet, there are no reciipes to make uber-stat items, just decent stat items.
      Fishing 200
      Baking 194
      Tailoring 166
      Blacksmithing 179
      Fletching 174
      Brewing 201
      Alcohol Tolerance 200
      Jewellery 186
      Pottery 167

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't been pay attention to GoD at all. Are you saying you can fish ingredients in GoD that bake up to 250 triv, like Beer Battered Tuna? That would be awesome & may be worth the cost of the expansion alone. Also, if you don't have the GoD expansion, but can get the Tuna & Ground Pepper, can I still make the recipes?

Comment

Not quite to 250.

But from store bought and fished crabs and tuna you can get to 207 with Beer-battered Tuns/crab Rolls.

After that you need at least some forraged / hunted / bazzared goods.

The only ones you need are snake eggs, Vegatables and some clumps of Dough. (Souffle, Pie and Cake)

I would not say that this is the fastest method since for each combine over 50 triv you need to :

1)Split the Crab / tuna into 1lb pieces
          2)Convert the 1lb pieces into Meat
          3)Make a sauce (Brewing top trivial ~96)
          4)Sauce the meat (Top trivial ~96)
          5)And then make the food.

So you have to do at least 3 combines before you get to the "skill up attempt"

1) and 2) can just about be done while fishing (but you have to work at it)
          3) Can be done before hand
          4) Well you may be able to do it while fishing, but I think that you would need 2 bowls to do it (One to break the fish(1) and one to do (2) and (3)

It is however a quite cheap way to reach 200 skill. Looking back I think that I made a slight profit out of it. (Compaired to the 1 to 2K I would have made if I just sold all the fish)

HTH

Jarak.

Comment

My one complaint is that the souffle and pie recipes only work with snake eggs. I'm hoping that this is either a mistake that will be corrected, or that the devs will see fit to change this.

I'd rather not have to go farm greens in newbie zones, due to the fact that everyone is cleaning out the vendors' supplies of them. I have a few griffon eggs (foraged by one of my alts) that I wish I could use, but can't.

Comment

I think it's a pretty traditional thing to be able to use all the different types of eggs when baking. The fact that these don't, is an oversight.

I'll look into making these work, but it might add an extra step in the combine to be able to make them.

-- Maddoc
              Maddoc the Wayfarer
              Assistant Lead Designer
              EverQuest Live & Expansions

"Bristle.Tornt: How do I make metal bits?"

Comment

If using different eggs, will we also get different yields, ala clump of dough??
                Rewde
                Halfling Druid of 61 seasons
                Povar

Comment

Thanks Jarak, there may be subcombines for these new recipes, but not as many as the HMP's I've been working on. Since eggs & veggies are so common, I kind of think of them as "store bought". But I was wondering how far the rarer ingredients would take you, like crab & tuna. So, if you had the eggs & veggies, you could get to 250 by just fishing the rest?

Comment

The fishing is the esay part. Getting the eggs as a poster previously mentioned is a pain.

I took my Druid to fish and inside of an hour he had 350lbs of tuna/crab. I kept a few over 8 lbs and sold the rest. The stacks of meat goes up fast when you split it.

I hope that we can break down eggs to their equivalent as when we make dough. The extra step would be worth it.

Nan
                    Nanndas - level 41 Beastlord
                    Baking GM + Trophy
                    Brewing 200 Pottery 179 Smithing 122 Tailoring 111 Jewelcraft 181 Fletching 126

Lenann 24 Druid - Master grocery shopper 200

Naelaan - 52 Druid - Luclin
                    246 baking, 200 bewing and does his own shopping

Comment

By the way, I believe that the Beer Braised Tuna/Crab Steaks triv at 217... And those are all store bought/fished.
                      Slippyblade of Xev
                      Phsychotic rogue and proud owner of the Embroidered Prayer Shawl.

Comment

I like the new baking. Made beer battered hynid and cragbeast steaks till 222 on one of my chars, and to 200 on another. I have probably 3 RL months supply remaining of cragbeast steaks around. +7 wis food for wisdom casters is a nice thing (yeah it has other stats, I know). Many of my guildies got a stack or 4 of them.

It looks like a reasonably smooth set of recipes that can take you from low skill to the 200s. If you can get foraged veggies and snake eggs in large quantities, you can fish your way to 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarak_akn
                          I would not say that this is the fastest method since for each combine over 50 triv you need to :

1)Split the Crab / tuna into 1lb pieces
                          2)Convert the 1lb pieces into Meat
                          As a strategy suggestion, whenever I am fishing or running around a GoD zone I carry a Mixing Bowl with me and do these 2 steps as I go.

It's much easier, and it wastes a lot less time, especially when fishing. It also keeps you encumbrance down and saves slots in inventory, as there are so many **** kinds of fish and meat, and some of them are so heavy!
                          illovich
                          aka Viergang Vonsicherfalle, Druid-at-Large and Notary Public of Surefall Glades
                          Tradeskiller Errant of the 3rd Shawl, man of a thousand alts.
                          If you don't like my ideas, maybe you'll like my dog

Comment

Woot, can't wait to see if other types of eggs are added in. Another idea would be to maybe make the final yield higher if different eggs are used? A souffle made with a dragon egg is going to be a LOT bigger than a souffle made with an aviak egg after all
                            Huntress Katalaeia Silverdawn
                            Plainswalker of Tunare
                            Lady Katalaerya Gentleheart
                            Prelate of Tunare
                            Reviviscence
                            Quellious Server

Comment

I'm hoping for the conversion recipies as i think they would be easier than the different yield recipies (based on what we have now seen in the Tradeskill UI different yields based on different ingredients requires a like number of recipies) Comversion recipies would add recipies but wouln't exponentially gorw the number of recipies (which is why i think the multi pound meats get broken down to 1pound versions rather than multi yield recipies using the multi pound versions)

Not to mention skilling ::grins:: More combines at the higher skill is better for skilling than higher yield recipies
                              Master Zaepho

Comment

Working...
                              X