This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nioti's Predicament (spoiler)

[Nioti is at 95, 75, 100 in Abysmal Sea, in a large room just north of the bank]
    You say, 'Hail, Nioti'
    Nioti says 'Yes, what is it? I am a bit occupied right now with quite the [predicament]. I swear things keep getting worse and worse around here.'
    You say, 'what predicament'
    Nioti says 'Well simply put, we are overwhelmed with repairs. While we made it safely to the shores of the new continent, we suffered some damage to the ship. To make matters worse, we are running out of supplies to complete the needed repairs and I don't have time to return to the mainland to find more. I sure could use some [assistance]. I knew we should have never come here.'
    You say, 'what assistance'
    Nioti says 'Well I cannot really believe someone would want to help me, but if you really could help, that would be great. I would need you to find four Branches of Sylvan Oak and return them to me. If you do this for me, I will find someway to reward you for your efforts.'
    [give four branches of sylvan oak to nioti]
    Nioti says 'I didn't think you would return. I appreciate your assistance. I hate to do this, but before I can convince my foreman to give you a reward, I am going to need to ask you to help me again. According to another adventurer that passed through here the other day, there is a golem graveyard of sorts in a temple somewhere on this continent. If you could find this place and gather one clay golem part that would help us greatly with repairs. Why do we need these golem parts you ask? I have no idea. Grumby, our foreman said we needed them for some sort of repairs. Oh yeah, take this badge. It identifies you as part of the ship's maintenance crew. Just hand the badge to me when you hand in the golem parts.'
    You gain experience!!
    [Clay Golem Parts are a ground spawn in Barindu at 607, -585. There are three see-invis mobs in that room but you can sneak around them with invisibility]
    [give clay golem parts and badge to nioti]
    Nioti says 'Thanks. I hope that wasn't too much trouble. Seems we need more help. Grumby just informed me that some parts on the bridge have been damaged by rust. That doesn't sound good at all. We will need your help to get some sort of anti-rust agent. What? Hey, don't get mad at me. I am sorry I keep asking for help, but I am just following Grumby's orders. There is a gnomish tinker in Ak'Anon named Gilipus that might have something to help us. Go there and hand him this note along with your badge so he knows that you are working for Grumby. I promise to reward you for your time when you are done helping us. Take your badge back and give it to me again when you hand in the anti-rusting agent.'

[Gilipus is in a room right next to the Akanon bank.]
    You say, 'Hail, Gilipus'
    Gilipus says 'I had a wrench around here somewhere...'
    [give note and badge to gilipus]
    Gilipus says 'Yes, what is it? Just a moment, I cannot read without my glasses.'
    Gilipus rummages through his numerous pockets looking for his reading glasses. 'Oh this is most embarrassing. Seems i have lost my reading glasses. Oh wait, I know where they are. They are on this bench here.' Just as Gilipus reaches for his glasses, a small mechanical rat snatches them and hurriedly scuttles away. 'Oh drat. This isn't good at all. That defective cleaner just took my reading glasses! Think you could go get them? What defective cleaner you ask? I don't know for certain. I couldn't make out the serial number. If you can find my glasses, I will read this note you brought me.''
    You gain experience!!
    [kill defective cleaners until you find his glasses]
    [give glasses and badge to gilipus]
    Gilipus says 'Thank you. That is much better.' Gilipus begins to read the note. 'You need something to remove rust? Yes, I do believe I have just the thing for you. Just bring me some rubbing alcohol and I can make what you need. Now where are my tools?''
    You gain experience!!
    [give rubbing alcohol and badge to gilipus]
    Gilipus says 'Hello what can I do for you? Oh yes, you needed something to remove rust. This rubbing alcohol should help you. Good thing you thought to bring it.' Gilipus begins to mix some different chemicals together in a small vial. 'Here you go. This should work. I think. By the way, have you seen a small notebook? It was green with a picture of a lovely cog on it. . .''
    You gain experience!!

You say, 'Hail, Nioti'
    Nioti says 'Yes, what is it? I am a bit occupied right now with quite the [predicament]. I swear things keep getting worse and worse around here.'
    [give vial of anti-rust agent and badge to nioti]
    Nioti says 'What took so long? Grumby has been breathing down my neck all day asking for this stuff. I am glad you were able to acquire it. It seems like everything around here is rusting away in this salty air. Your reward? Yes, yes. I will reward you. However it seems we need more help. Grumby has informed me that we need some ore. Think you could go and get some for us? Bring back three blocks of ore and your Worker's Badge.'
    You gain experience!!
    [blocks of ore are made in a forge from three large bricks of ore and a water flask]
    [give three blocks of ore and badge to nioti]
    Nioti says 'Not the best quality but this ore should help a lot. Now don't get mad at me, but before we can reward you, Grumby has told me that you will need to go get him some food. He said he wants some Filleted Mammoth. Oh and he also wanted a Jumjum Cake. Bring me those food items along with your worker's badge.'
    You gain experience!!
    [give jumjum cake, filleted mammoth, and badge to nioti]
    Nioti says 'Looks like your work here is done. Grumby said I can reward you. Here you go. Thanks again and sorry for all the trouble.'
    You gain experience!!
    You receive 2 platinum from Nioti.
    [you receive Worker's Earring of Efficiency which is worth 120 favor but no money]
    83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=55559 is the link.

55 hit points and Haste is nice, but no mention of the haste percent.

It might get a Rec Level or Required Level in the next patch.

Excellent work, though.

P.S. 2 Plat is UBAH!

-Lilosh
    Last edited by Lilosh; 02-20-2004, 11:33 PM.
    Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
    President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
    Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

The earring is 21% haste.

I got stuck on the gnome part, as I'm max KOS to Ak`Anon. I tried turning in while sneaking on my monk, he ate the items (indifferent not high enough). I tried charming him and turning them in, but you cannot cast spells on that NPC.

Dang gnomes

(And I *am* a gnome)

Comment

A quest requiring NO DROP ground spawns in a 60+ zone, near See Invis mobs gives a 55hp necklace with 20% haste?

Mr Reward, a Mr Risk called. He says he wins.

-Lilosh
        Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
        President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

A quest requiring NO DROP ground spawns in a 60+ zone, near See Invis mobs gives a 55hp necklace with 20% haste?
          ... which isn't flagged no-drop will sell VERY well in the Bazaar and will become a good standard earring for DPS classes.
          I expect this to become either level limited or no-drop very shortly.
          Grolber - Cavalier of Brell on Venril Sathir
          Malathos Thriceborn - Wizard of Venril Sathir

"This isn't life in the fast lane - this is life in oncoming traffic !" Terry Pratchett

Comment

Where in the room with those 3 nameds does the ground spawn show up? Just had to blow exodus cause I couldnt find it and got aggro
            Durew / Zurew
            Officer/Raid Leader of Kratos - Luclin

Master Artisan

Comment

There are various mobs in the room. There's a big golem at the back of the room (standing against the east wall). It's just north of him (to his right) on the ground and looks like a small pouch sitting on the ground. It's easy to miss because it's sort of behind a table and it's almost the same color as the ground.

BTW, I said it was *possible* to sneak around them invisible, I didn't say it was easy.
              Last edited by Sylphan; 02-21-2004, 10:49 AM.
              83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

Edit: Got it

Invis up, hug the left wall just around the corner to the first white model Golem.. then I just ran turbo fast across to the NE corner of the room w/o aggro, and picked it up
                Last edited by Durew; 02-21-2004, 01:46 PM.
                Durew / Zurew
                Officer/Raid Leader of Kratos - Luclin

Master Artisan

Comment

Neither the Constructs of War nor the Colossus of War saw invis when I went.

edit: but the Aneuk Controller, which is not always up, does, as does Ikaav Ixvet Pox.

- Jaya
                  Last edited by Jaya; 02-24-2004, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Anyone know what faction the ger-nome is on?
                    Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
                    Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

When I went in last night there were 2 controllers as well as Ikaav Ixvet Pox. Ikaav was staring right where I needed to get to as well. My god, I haven't been that nervous since I snuck into Hate to get my Book of Souls!

Got my lump of clay though.
                      Slippyblade of Xev
                      Phsychotic rogue and proud owner of the Embroidered Prayer Shawl.

Comment

Ran my Monk into there two nights ago. His invis, of course, dropped just before going into the room, but he still had sneak. After getting up the courage I tried anyway, had to walk right in front of several golems and non of them attacked me at all. Followed the path suggested, left into room then across to NE corner. The named female was looking right at me, but I made it to the clay without aggro.

It's an exciting experience to say the least Very much like having to go talk to Cazic-Thule for the Whistling Fists (which I did in a fully spawned Fear )
                        Dyllwin Dalewalker
                        94th Heirophant of Karana
                        Master Artisan, Member of the 2100 club!
                        Tailoring 300 - Fletching 300
                        Jewelry 300 - Smithing 300
                        Brewing 300 - Baking 300
                        Pottery 300

Alts:
                        Pattes Tinkering 300 - Research 300
                        Krakkn Abakkn Alchemy 300
                        Nimblefoot Dalewalker
                        Baking 250
                        Soluss Monachus Brewing 296
                        Ripima Smithing 266

Cazic-Thule Server

Comment

the slot description from Lucy says

Increase Attack Speed by 2% (L1) to 50% (L49)
                          .. which just doesn't seem right... it's also the listed effect for a lot of items, incluing the mith 2h sword,,

Comment

That's how haste is listed for all items. It ties into the spell Haste values. To figure out the actual haste value of the item, the weapon/item "level" must be calculated, usually by parsing the log file.

Comment

Hmm, I seem to have run into an issue with the Gnome in Ak'Anon. I know it's likely my own fault, I got impatient, but I just wanna let you all know so you don't do the same.

I took my badge down to the Gnome in AA, killing defective cleaners along the way. I handed him the note and the badge and got the next badge back, then went back out to kill cleaners again. After a good while (45 minutes or so?) I still had no reading glasses and was getting impatient. I went back to the gnome and gave him the rubbing alcohol. He took it without a word. I then gave him my badge, he also took that without a word. I tried giving him another Rubbing Alcohol, but he just returned it saying he didn't need it.

So I went out and after much more killing finally got the glasses and returned them to him. He gave me the 4th badge (IDs as the 4th one) but didn't give me the Anti-Rust Agent. He also won't take anymore rubbing alcohol from me.

I'll let you know if my /bug and /petition result in any useful info.
                              Dyllwin Dalewalker
                              94th Heirophant of Karana
                              Master Artisan, Member of the 2100 club!
                              Tailoring 300 - Fletching 300
                              Jewelry 300 - Smithing 300
                              Brewing 300 - Baking 300
                              Pottery 300

Alts:
                              Pattes Tinkering 300 - Research 300
                              Krakkn Abakkn Alchemy 300
                              Nimblefoot Dalewalker
                              Baking 250
                              Soluss Monachus Brewing 296
                              Ripima Smithing 266

Cazic-Thule Server