Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoD potions should have a minimum skill to combine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoD potions should have a minimum skill to combine.

Now that every mule and troll in this forum are master alchemists and the potion resale prices are on a downward spiral, how about some minimum combine skills be added to these new potions. Alchemy was already cheep to master and now its reminicent of the early days of the PoP release when everyone was doing cheep smithy combines to max out that skill.

wow. finally we dont have to pay 20k+ to reach only 200, and somebody comes in an wants to nerf that?

never thought I'd see the day when there would be "trade skill envy" of Alchemy!

LOL

Comment

Re: GoD potions should have a minimum skill to combine.

Originally posted by Alecto
      Now that every mule and troll in this forum are master alchemists and the potion resale prices are on a downward spiral, how about some minimum combine skills be added to these new potions. Alchemy was already cheep to master and now its reminicent of the early days of the PoP release when everyone was doing cheep smithy combines to max out that skill.
      Yer jokin right?

What other tradeskill requires max lvl in the class to master? How about a minimumn level of 25 to even begin? Up till now Alchemy was NOT cheap to master.

LOL, they threw us half starved alchemists a bone, I'm gonna get grouchy if someone comes near it. MY BONE!!!
      Unoeye Fleshwound
      65 Troll Prophet
      Immortal Trust
      Mith Marr

Comment

I think his point is a moderately good one. Alchemy was overpriced, won't argue that, but at what, 10pp a combine now, you're looking at the new, level based version, of brewing. It was expensive because at the top end, it was all store bought. Now, it's relatively cheap to max it and you have gate pots at 280 in the bazaar. It was bad enough with SoW, but that's just annoying. You can't legitmately make potions and turn even the smallest profit on that margin w/o a) a RNG that's sleeping with your daughter and wants to keep you happy or b) the VT alchemy ranged.

And getting to 60 isn't brain surgery. We have in guild a 62 bezerker. Look at the date stamp on this and the release stamp of GoD and do the math on powerleveling ;-).

Comment

I don't quite understand why people are objecting since by my guess everyone that wasn't already a master has just used the new potions to undeservedly aquired master level at a rediculous pace and cost. Everyone should be thankful that I am advocating the closure of the loophole through which so many people have so aptly passed. Those of you who have used the new potions to level, no longer need the method anyway and therefor the continued existence of these potions serves only to increase your competition as you busily underbid eachother by 5p until you are selling even the most expensive potions at cost.

It no longer makes a difference to me however, I have stated my views and if a dev reads and agrees with them then my work is done. If he/she doesn't then at least I have had my say.

Comment

I think these new pot's are the greatest thing in the new expansion! My poor old Troll Shaman could never afford to skill up under the old system; just too expensive (btw, thanks Kalamad for providing the materials for the only skill up run I did manage )

OMG! People are actually going to get their skills up and make what useful potions there are!!!! Yay! (imho)

Comment

According to the shaman boards, (and Fan Faire discussions), this is something SoE was planning on doing, so there's little chance this will be reversed.

Comment

WARNING! This post may contain sarcasm offensive to some readers.

Alchemy hasn't been particularly profitable since... well... was it ever profitable? Exactly what is going to happen now that hasn't already happened to potion prices due to... oh lets see... cheaters, macros, scamers, people with just toooooo much time on their hands?

If someone wants to level a shaman to 60 just so they can have an alchemy tradeskill mule then so be it. The thought boggles my mind.

The fact is that the bazaar economy will fluctuate periodically as people find exploits, make poor business decisions and generally muck up potion prices. However, those folks will eventually burn out (or grow up) and the market will return to some sense of stability.

Way back in the wee early days when I sold backpacks full of single shot sow potions by going zone to zone like the fuller brush man I managed to finance my slow progression upwards in alchemy skill. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I view alchemy as a unique tradeskill due to the lvl and class requirement. It is also a consumable supply so you have repeat business. A few other tradeskills have consumable products such as Baking, Brewing, Fletching, but costs and benefits are vastly different. One of the long time complaints of alchemists is the generally high cost vs. reward of potions. I look at this as finally being given what we asked for.

Perhaps I should be upset that others will now achieve in a short time period what has litterally taken me years; seems vaugly familiar to the whole uproar about flagging. I choose to be happy to finally have a way to top off my Alchemy skill for an affordable amount. Thank you SoE!
                Unoeye Fleshwound
                65 Troll Prophet
                Immortal Trust
                Mith Marr

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasombra
                  And getting to 60 isn't brain surgery. We have in guild a 62 bezerker. Look at the date stamp on this and the release stamp of GoD and do the math on powerleveling ;-).
                  Not to derail the thread, but getting to 60 is a lot harder when you don't have a staff of level 65 healers and buffers standing behind you while you tank 4 red con mobs.

Sure, power-leveling is easy--if you can do it. For a lot of players, it's not really an option. And if done well, your character is a bit gimped at 60. If not done well, your character is REALLY gimped at 60.

I'm curious, for example, what the offense and defense skills of that berzerker are like.
                  illovich
                  aka Viergang Vonsicherfalle, Druid-at-Large and Notary Public of Surefall Glades
                  Tradeskiller Errant of the 3rd Shawl, man of a thousand alts.
                  If you don't like my ideas, maybe you'll like my dog

Comment

If you want to be upset about something, how about the new run 5 aa skill. At 95% of the speed of sow I think a large portion of the sow potion market is doomed at this point. My 65 cleric used to carry 2 stacks of sow potions all the time, with another couple in the bank, bought in the bazaar regularly before I leveled a shaman (no, I didn't level him as an alchemy mule). Now, with run 5 I dont carry any, as 5% isnt worth the space in my overcrowded inventory. If I'm right, and a sizable part of the sow potion market was L65's with lots of disposable cash who felt it worth the cost vs jboots speed for getting around, then I expect the sow potion market is going to fall off quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X