Reinforced Jewel Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinforced Jewel Kit

You need 2 Shimmering Steel Threads and a Turepta Shell + jewel kit to the male jewel crafter in abysmal sea to get it.

Anyone know where you can get the thread? I know you can get the shell easy in natimbi

D'oh! I should write stuff down. I think I saw the threads on a "general supplies" merchant near the rear of the ship last night. In any case, the threads are sold by some merchant(s) on the ship. Use the Find command to locate them. The map is also very detailed.

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
    Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
    Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
    Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
    Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
    Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
    Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
    BrindleWood

Comment

you can get the tread from the tailoring merchants on the boat. they are in a building on the west side of the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Grimrose
        you can get the tread from the tailoring merchants on the boat. they are in a building on the west side of the ship.
        Yes, in a small cabin on the deck.

A side note... some of the general merchants have an nice instant-click invisibility potion for sale for about 3 plats -- good alternative to cloudy potions.

Scapa Orkney, 64th level Wood Elf Druid of Tunare
        Master Potter, Journeyman Artisan
        Cnoc Sixovus, 56th level Halfling Cleric of Bristlebane
        Master Baker, Journeyman Brewer
        Jura Sixovus, 40th level Gnome Enchanter
        Master Jeweler, Expert Tinker (284)
        Bertoxxulous - Tholuxe Paells
        BrindleWood

Comment

3pp insta click invis? good replacement of cloudy potions. what does it cost to make one? i imagine at least 3pp for anything alchemy.

Maker of Picnics.
          Cooker of things best left unidentified.
          "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

thanks! it was almost 5 am and I said screw looking for them as I couldn't find them listed anywhere in the abysmal sea page.

Comment

I know you can get the shell easy in natimbi
              I've had no end of trouble getting the shell. Mobs hit way too hard for greens and all I see are damaged and iridescent shells (they don't work ended up with npc eating threads + jc kit when I tried damaged version)

Comment

Same here ... Can't solo the turtles and haven't been able to catch an regular shells on the vendors.

Would you be so kind as to provide the exact name of the shell? and are they no-drop?

Thanks Did all 7 of the boat tradeskill quests (never clicked combine so many times in two days in my EQ life!) and the only piece I am missing to move on seems to be that silly shell.

Comment

Not sure but Lucy's lists Turepta Shell and they are in fact No Drop:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=62481
                  Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Comment

cloudy potions work instantly too. the only difference in these ones is the price.

Comment

The Turepta cragwalkers in Natimbi can (very rarely) drop the Turepta Shell (no drop). They can also drop a Damaged Turepta Shell (no drop) which does NOT work for the quest.

Reinforced Jewelry Kit is a 6 slot container ... don't have the stats on it offhand, but managed to quest mine yesterday.

BTW, the Reinforced Kit IS tradeable, even though required a No Drop item to quest.

Comment

Anyone found a use for the damaged shells? I have about 30 of them so far...

Comment

just curious, what's this jeweler kit have that my collapsable one doesn't? i can't find the item searching allahkazam.

baron cannyar coldmoon

Comment

It has the ability to use GoD gems ... cannot use them in other kits.

Comment

I could be wrong (and usually am), but I thought you could use the regular kits for the nihilite, but needed to use the reinforced one to make any of the subcombines for the new GoD smithing recipes - anything that uses a crucible. At least that was the impression I got from the jeweler NPC's in Abysmal.
                              Distracted Druid Storm Warden of JinXed on Vazaelle

(see that Moderator tag - well that is for the Vazaelle marketplace, my posts and opinions should not be considered as anything but my own and not reflect poorly on the folks doing all the hard stuff here. )

Comment

Working...
                              X