Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, half a GM trophy. I wonder if each tradeskill has a quest for one of these?

I assume the summoned bag works for the turn-in in the Bazaar, right?
    Itzena Alhazared, Revenant of {Planeteers}, Vallon Zek. And also a seamstress.
    Gelcea Macha, Wandering Animist of Tarew Marr. Will be a smith, one day.

"If it cannot hatch from it's shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World."

Comment

It probably does, but its prolly the same one as a regular GM trophy..

And considering the grape crushing device isnt trivial at 250 blacksmithing, this is hardly a mini trophy with that difficulty

Geerlok > This thing
      Durew / Zurew
      Officer/Raid Leader of Kratos - Luclin

Master Artisan

Comment

They should change the effect to summon a corking device or to be used instead of one. That is what the name of the item would suggest.
        Tinile, 85th Druid of the Seventh Hammer
        1750 - 3/12/04, Still plugging away at 2100...
        Baking 300 | Blacksmithing 273 | Brewing 300 | Fletching 300 | Jewel Craft 300 | Pottery 300 | Tailoring 267

Namarie Silmaril, Enchantress of the 67th level
        Baking 135 | Blacksmithing 123 | Brewing 200 | Fletching 168 | Jewel Craft 250 | Pottery 199 | Spell Research 200 | Tailoring 165

Mumtinie, cute little mage of the 61st level
        Tinkering 243 | Research 201 | Tailoring 110 | Blacksmithing 104 | Pottery 76

Comment

*blink*

Two charges of a grandmaster bag?

That's certianly odd.

But since you can turn in the first one for a permanent one, it's a bit moot.

Just limited to one NO RENT bag after that.

-Lilosh
          Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
          President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
          Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Cristov's Finest Red Wine is droppable?

If so, someone with the skills could make the grape crushing device, and the wine, sell the wine to someone who turns it in, summons a GM bag, and converts it to permanent version, without having any skills?
            Forest Scion Aluaeia Bukkakestar
            Dead Sexy Dark Elf Druid
            Tarew Marr

Comment

just use 1 charge in bazaar and trade the bag with the gnome inside the building to get the GrandMasterCarryall bag, that bag is not no rent, so basically gave you 100% weight reduce bag with giant size. sucks is the bag is lore

Comment

Searching the main site and the tinkering site both did not find me any hits on "Stripped-Out Gear Assembly" ... more info? What am I overlooking?
                sigpic

Comment

Stripped out gear assembly is a random rare vendor trash cash drop in PoI. Rather, it was a random rare vendor trash cash drop, now it has a use.
                  Forest Scion Aluaeia Bukkakestar
                  Dead Sexy Dark Elf Druid
                  Tarew Marr

Comment

Those little bags are Distilled Salts (no drop)...used in a quest given by the female iskar near Morden Rasp in what I guess is the 'command center' of the ship city in Abysmal Sea. She gives a container and asks for a sample involving the tongues of various creatures preserved with the distilled salts. I havent gotten anywhere with this other than finding 3 salt groundspawns yesterday
                    I've actually got a tongue from something in one of the zones past natimbi (not sure which one, it has the big blue dome i think). I'll check it when i get home from work. It's also no drop.

Comment

Thank you, Aluaeia. That was my first suspicion, appreciate the confirmation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Let us review this quest so far. It

1) Takes a smithing skill of 250 to reliably succeed on the piece
                        2) Takes a brewing skill of 100 or so to reliably succeed on the brewing components.
                        3) Takes no-drop foraged only items and about 5 silver of merchant stuff
                        4) Produces a *droppable* item that needs only to be turned in to result in

a free GM bag
                        a 8 str/int/wis 15 cha 20 sv disease ammo slot item with a +3% brewing mod

So. The process takes primarily smithing, yet results in a brewing mod item. Only rangers, druids, and bards can make it for some reason. It will enable non TSers (at a cost of around 5 silver) to obtain a free grandmaster satchel (I wonder what they are grandmaster in), and a trophy that is better than all the other GM trophys (thanks to the resist).

/boggle

--------------------------------------------------
                        Draethor Ispowerful
                        Lanys

Comment

stickying pending writeup
                          Retiree of EQ Traders...
                          Venerable Heyokah Verdandi Snowblood
                          Barbarian Prophet & Hierophant of Cabilis
                          Journeyman Artisan & Blessed of Brell
                          EQ Players Profile ~ Magelo Profile

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you.

Comment

Anybody got a loc of those Distilled Salts, or where they're mor commonly found...

I found

A Noc Tongue
                            LORE ITEM NO DROP
                            WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
                            Class: None
                            Race: None

and Alla's has a Kyv Tongue on there also... hopefully I can find those salts and at least see if they can be combined with the salts

Edit: Well, looks like the container she gives out has 2 slots, so only 1 salt and 1 tongue used most likely... the quest says that she'll give out the "innate weakness" of each mob who's tongue you do this for and if you do this for EVERY mob, you get a prize...

wonder what that big prize is...

Tongue Piercing
                            MAGIC LORE ITEM NO DROP
                            Effect: Give better h....

nah...
                            Last edited by Darknyss; 04-11-2004, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Has anyone foraged a Tolombi berry recently? I've been trying in Barindu off and on for weeks without luck.
                              Cirin Insandjis
                              70 Shaman
                              Caelum Infinitum
                              Fennin Ro

Comment

But Do they stack?

My question is: Does the 3% Brewing boost here stack with the 5% brewing boost of the regular GM trophy. 8% would be real nice.
                                Treefriend of Bartoxx
                                Wood Elf Druid, worshiper of Tunare
                                65 seasons
                                Tradeskill novice
                                GM Brewer, Baker, Jewler
                                200 Fletching, Fishing, Tailoring
                                221 Pottery
                                239 Smithing

Comment

Working...
                                X