Missing Recipes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Recipes??

Ok Im a 250 Tinker and the new UI doesnt show lots of stuff like Base Prototype, happy dragon any of the Anizok's stuff, what gives? anyone know why our recipes arent showing up??

Timper Tantrum - Fallen Alliance

some recipes need to be added...
    To do this hit the explore button on the new UI and combine the recipe, at this point it should add it to your list. An example is Gnomish firework.

Early reports indicate base prototype does not add correctly, that or it is a random chance to be added.

Comment

Neither Base Prototype nor Perpetual Steam Engine were added to my recipe list after 4 successful combines for each and must still be crated by hand. I got Anizok's Minimizing Device to add to list after first try.
      Master Berix Baublebuer
      65th Circle of Enchantments
      Officer - Sword of Fate - Prexus

Comment

From the bottom of Thread Disscussion on the NEW UI

Here is some information from Tanker, the programmer working on this new UI for you all to read and comment on:

First off, thanks for all the positive and constructive responses. It's nice to see something you do will be appreciated when it goes live, and it's good to hear we got it mostly right.

There are a couple of misconceptions that I see running though these posts that I'd like to clear up, so any further dialogue can be made with a more correct basic understanding of the new UI.

1. There are two new "flags" on each recipe in the database:
        - Whether the recipe can be used in the new interface, ever. ( I call this "canLearn" ).
        - Whether the player will automatically gain this recipe in his "book" when he gets close enough in skill to the trivial ( I call this "autoLearn" ).
        Each of these flags has to be set "by hand" (sometimes by script) by a designer, and that is still in process. Obviously you guys will have some feedback to give when a recipe isn't flagged the way you think it should, but I think it'll get more attention if you wait a bit before going through the complete recipe list to argue each one.

2. Recipes can be learned. The ones that show in your recipe search list at first are autoLearn only, and only those with trivials up to 50 points above your current skill level. Successful completion of a canLearn recipe in the old interface ("Experiment") will add that recipe to the list of recipes you can search for, regardless of its trivial value. Unfortunately, this was commented out when the UI was first put on Test, but will be fixed next patch.

3. The reason we have the canLearn flag is to be able to keep some combines out of this interface. Mainly these will be quest recipes and recipes that people hardly ever do "stacks" of at a time. A designer would have more to say on this.

4. Duplicate recipe names exist (Celestial Essence, etc.), but will be changed to be unique sometime before this goes Live.

I hope this gives you all a better understanding of what the system will do (and won't). Please continue with the constructive feedback.

Tanker
        Please read carefuly
        Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
        Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
        --Officer of The Renegades--
        --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

Working...
        X