Yew Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yew Leaves

Been trying to forage some yew leaves with my druid...
    200 foraging. I've gone 3 different days for over an hour each day (the first day quaded black panthers and got 13 skins) but no yew leaves. Second day I got 1 yew leaf and today I've only gotten 2 for a couple hours foraging...

I already know the RNG hates me, but this seems a bit much. Did they nerf the yew leaf foraging rate?
    I've never ever seen a yew leaf ground spawn, do they really ground spawn there?

yew leaves

just my experience.... i foraged two while we "tried" to kill the corrupted unicorn for my boyfriend's nature's defender drop. it was a pretty short fight : P (maybe 10~15 minutes at most while we burned all our disc) i don't know if i was just lucky.... but if you're on luclin... you can have em : )

naurai papertankgirl 65th Forest Stalker of Tunare
    *fletching 202 *alcohol tolerance 200
    deadbabe needzrezz 52nd Heretic of Innorruk
    *baking 200 *smithing 150 *tailoring 208 *brewing 200 *pottery 179 *research 178 *fishing 194

luclin server

Comment

Ground spawns are the best very hard to see being a Neon Green but easiest to get i think.

Comment

I think these are like Misty Acorns, extremely rare to forage. If you can stand the time to look up ground spawns, that can help, but I rarely have the patience for that.
        Bittleaye Arkades
        Halfling Druid of Xev
        Sans Requiem

Tailoring 252 - Smithing 222 - Fishing 200 - Brewing 200 - Pottery 199 - Baking 197 - Fletching 142

Comment

Yew leaves are sickenly rare...I remember I spent nearly a week straight in WL hunting for haze panthers and I foraged like 2...ground spawn (or the Bazzar!) are unfotunately the way to go.

(and no, I've never found a grown spawn either)

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
          Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
          Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

In the time it's taken me to get over 200 panther skins, I've foraged 6 yew leaves.

Part of the problem is they only come from one zone, and there are soooo many other possible forages there. But, still, the forage rate is rare. It makes me wish there was an AA to filter forages.

I've yet to see the ground spawn, but then, it's prolly a green leaf against the green leafy ground background.
            Remi Mystdancer
            Elder Storm Warden
            Officer, Draco Invictus
            Draco dormiens nunquam titillandis!

Happy member of the 1750 Club!
            --------------------

Comment

I've never actually seen a ground spawn of them, and they're rare forages INDEED!

BUT, I'm wondering... are ground spawns always stable spawns, or sometimes not?

For example, in Steamfont, the groundspawn for Iron and Russet Oxides are stable. Everytime I have ever found them, they're in the same spot. They may already have been collected, but it's easy to tell. Similarly, the farm in Kaladim has a stable spawn.

In contrast, I went through Innothule one day and systematically criss-crossed the zone. (I know, I have no life!) I used the in game standard map and compass and walked north and south, moving a few numbers across when I hit the northern/southern zone wall. I picked up every ground spawn I saw, and used the map function to put the location on the map.

I've been back several times, and never found ground spawn in one of those places again, not one! (I have found other ground spawn in Innothule, however.)

I recall seeing a ground spawn map for Butcherblock. Does anyone have a link for it, by chance?

If we work together, and the yew leaves are stable ground spawns, we SHOULD be able to put together a list of locs, which would benefit us all a LOT.
              Aquila Swiftspirit *** Harmony of Souls

Comment

/wave Aquila

Yay, someone hosted that oak bark map somewheres...lemme see if I can find it...if not, I'll email it to you (I think I still have your email addy somewheres)...

*edit*
                Found it! Much thanks to Kentarre for hosting!

I think I'll actually just add it to my sig so I don't have to find it again...
                Last edited by Chenier; 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

any one have a copy of eq atlas edited map that shows the spawn on yew leaves..I've spent a lot of time looking and never found one...Its depressing ..and about 12 hours on my druid forager(ubah 27 foraging) ..has yielded one.
                  Scaevola Minderaser -Coercer of the 65th Season

Comment

The only person I've ever heard having a successful time finding yew leaf ground spawns was being a bad boy using counter-EULA software. Not cool.

I think they are too random - I've never seen one on the ground. =P

Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Just a FYI, the changes they're making to the new graphics engine make ground spawns a LOT easier to spot.

Comment

Does anyone know the spawn time on ground spawns? short or long? Probably long, but just thought I would ask I know iron oxide was supposedly a long ground spawn, but what about yew leaves and oak bark and others?

Thanks!
                        Kiatek Elvenfyre
                        Storm Warden

Comment

when i was tailorling id use this to help me look

http://www.geocities.com/reztarn/support/FindYews.htm

Kay

Karana Half-elf
                          Natureguard of Povar

Comment

YAY!!

I'm going to run to WL and give it a try!!!
                            Aquila Swiftspirit *** Harmony of Souls

Comment

Is there a map like that for Misty Acorn ground spawns?
                              Cognak Straightshot
                              Working...
                              X