Baking Guide to to 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking Guide to to 250

Below is my guide for baking I hope you all like it would appreciate feed back and if the people at EQTC think it is worthy I hope it makes it to the learn baking section.

Aellas Guide to Baking your way to 250

This Guide is how to power bake your way to a gm baker but baking getting your baking to 250 is not easy. So if you still want to be a gm baker or even get your skill up to 191 be prepared to spend a lot of time with your spit or oven. Oh and just for reference on combines items such as filleting knifes, non-stick frying pans, pie tins, pots, and casserole dishes will be return on combine with a success or a failure. Also a tanaan oven is an oven in Pok and combines can be made in collapsible spits

Skill to 143
    Bear or lion meat filets
    1.Buy a lot of Bear or Lion meat which is sold in Shadow Haven (the merchant is near the bank)
    2.Get filleting knife (player made smiting)
    3.Combined one piece of meat with filleting knife in oven or and viola bear filets

Skill 143-191
    Patty Melts
    1.Buy our old friend bear or lion meat
    2.Buy loafs of bread
    3.Buy Cheese which is sold in Jagged Pine Forest by Chef Brargus (he is a dark paw gnoll)
    4.Get Non-stick frying pan (player made smithing cost bought 100pp in bazaar)
    5.Combine 1 bear or lion meat, 1 loaf of bread, 1 cheese, and non-stick frying pan in oven or spit

Here is where things get tricky up to here you have been able to get skill ups without farming now you must farm or go to bazaar, or constantly shop the vendors. I see pop baking as the best way to hit 250.

Skill 191-202
    Candied Cockroach
    1.Get Cockroaches (foraged in Cod)
    2.Cup of Sugar (sold in Pok)
    3.Water flask
    4.Combine 4 cockroaches, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 water flask in a tanaan oven and viola 4 candied cockroaches
    Candied Cockroach: Snack sv disease +5 weight .5

Skill 202-250
    Assuming you can hunt in Bastions of Thunder you have two options Jord Meat Pie or Vann toe stew
    Jord Meat Pie
    1.Jord Meat (dropped by Jords in Bot)
    2. Clumps of Dough (player made baking) recipe: 1 egg( snake, drake, avaik dragonĄ_..) , bottle of milk, and cup of flour combine in mixing bowl
    3.Get a Pie tin
    4. Combine 1 Jord meat, 1 clump of dough, and a pie tin in tanaan oven and viola one jord meat pie
    Jord Meat Pie: Feast Hp + 10 Mana +10 weight 3.0

Vann Toe Stew
    1.Vann toes (dropped by Vanns in Bot)
    2. Buy bottle of Milk
    3.Buy spices
    4.Combine 1 Vann toes, 1 bottle of milk, and spice in tanaan oven and viola one Vann toe stew
    Vann Toe Stew: Feast Str +3 Mana +45 weight 1.0
    Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

i prefered fish rolls cause they lasted longer and make great filler food for later to force eat. halas meat pies are just anoyying but them and mtps are also good recipes. i understand you you were going for a route for peeps 46+ and planar though. not bad though.

Maker of Picnics.
    Cooker of things best left unidentified.
    "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Fish

Yuk I hate fish eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but yes fish rolls are not a bad option. Also fish rolls trivial at 135 and filets at 143 that is why i like them.
      Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

thought it was 142? oh well no matter. up to 212 now and still have some fish rolls on alts i find every now and then. about to start using Halas pies for alt filler food. bazaar is still 3pp for them. at 4pp or 5pp i would sell them. 3pp is kinda insulting considering the amount of time in them. they will go to friends and guildies and alts first.

Maker of Picnics.
        "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

If you're got PoP access, you can also do some other planer combines, all triv at/over 250:

Swamp Rat Crunchies=frosting + swamp rat parts + skewers
          Boar Chops = Boar meat + garnish + spices
          Mephit Sandwich = Dressing + loaf of bread + mephit meat

Personally, I enjoy fish rolls. Of course, I'm an Iksar, so I'm partial to fish. Of course, you have to make sure you don't cook it too long or you ruin the flavor. Give me my fish Fresh and W-w-w-wriggley!

And I also like pasta. One spices + one noodles + one jug of sauces to get to 191. Farming for eggs, but that's it and it's way cheaper than the method you put forth.

To each their own.

Comment

Well the idea of the guide is to do as little farming as possible. Also a lot of people are not do not have acess to plane of tactics and other elemental planes. I just got acess to tactics tonight,
            Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

I disagree with PoP being the way to go at the high end. Call me old fashioned or plain stubborn. I chose to click subcombines rather than farm for cockroaches etc. But then again, I can't forage.

I opted for MTP from 190s to 250. Easy ingredients, useful stat food and a decent money maker.

An hour killing brownies in LFay (brownie parts), an hour killing basilisks (eggs) in Jagged Pine, easy bazzar items (foraged fruit and even eggs if you want to skip JP) and then never leave SH. Everything else is right there.

Comment

another option for reaching 202 is Ohbah Truffles they are better than cockroaches and i am sorry i didn't put them on the list cause i found that they are cheaper to make and much easier to get the ingredients since only mushrooms are foraged. I will post a updated version of this guide after i see options the new expansion gives bakers for skill ups.
                Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

pp was a prob for me. mtps paid for themselves a good bit. i can't forage.

Maker of Picnics.

Comment

well i just spend a great deal of time baking the fish roll - patty melt - halas pie route. while i was doing the halas pies, it hit me with the "here`s your sign". sure you can make fish rolls till 135 then move on but like he said to make meat fillets instead, is a good idea. esp. since your gonna need them later. so instead of spending plat. on other items. look at the high lvl recipe subcombines and plan your route from it and make those items to raise skill and save for future use. it might take alil more time to get up there but it is the same plat. you will spend on those subs later.

Comment

There are some wonderful options for skill up now that God came out. I add these and more things to the guide as soon as i learn more recipes.

Skill 191-202
                      Beer Braised Tuna Rolls
                      1.Bat wing
                      2.Beer braised tuna meat
                      3.Combine 1 bat wing, 1 beer braised tuna meat and viola Beer Braised Tuna Rolls

Beer Braised Crab Rolls
                      1. Bat wing
                      2.Beer braised crab meat
                      3.Combine: 1 batwing, 1 beer braised tuna meat and viola Beer Braised Crab Rolls

Beer Braised Hynid Steaks
                      1.Spices
                      2.Jug of Sauces
                      3.Beer Braised Hynid meat
                      4. Combine: 1 Spices, 1 Jug of Sauces, 1 Beer Braised Hynid meat in oven and viola Beer Braised Hynid Steaks
                      Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

correction

For the two recipes list you can use cragbeast meat in the apporiate sauce as well.

skill 202-216
                        Beer Braised Hynid Steaks
                        1.Spices
                        2.Jug of Sauces
                        3.Beer Braised Hynid meat
                        4. Combine: 1 Spices, 1 Jug of Sauces, 1 Beer Braised Hynid meat in oven and viola Beer Braised Hynid Steaks

skill 216-222
                        Beer Batter Hynid Steaks
                        1.spice
                        2. Jug of sauces
                        3.Beer battered hynid meat
                        4.Combine: 1 spice, 1 jug of sauces, and 1 beer battered hynid meat in oven and viola
                        Aellas 70 Cleric Vesshan

Comment

GoD has definately given some nice alternatives, since all of the meats are fished or foraged. So alot of it gets dropped onto vendors, then add to that the other ingredients are all found on the Queen of Thorns =)

I <3 GoD
                          Setral Devaris
                          Venerable Feral Lord
                          (Prophetic Alliance)
                          Firiona Vie

Comment

don't bother with god much

Originally posted by Setral
                            GoD has definately given some nice alternatives, since all of the meats are fished or foraged. So alot of it gets dropped onto vendors, then add to that the other ingredients are all found on the Queen of Thorns =)

I <3 GoD
                            i think having to forage can be a pain and so is why i try to avoid god since alot of stuff require vegetables and other stuff wich is foraged so i prefer pop wich is easily profitable such as stuffed slargislug poppers and the other stuff you can get in pop raven stew is low so i don't bother with it but you got better stuff still good for cooking

oh and ps just found out that hynid meat is foraged grrr and i got over 60 bottles made from a friend for making barbecued hynid steaks

Comment

Originally posted by ranlron
                              oh and ps just found out that hynid meat is foraged grrr and i got over 60 bottles made from a friend for making barbecued hynid steaks
                              This is a problem if you are looking for a specific stat product to eat. However, if you are just wanting to skill up, it seems pretty consistant that for every hynid / cragbeast recipie there is an equivilent tuna / crab recipie. The tuna / crab is fished and you can get some real whoppers (10-15 lbs) which break down into one piece of meat per pound so it stacks up quick.

**Edit - apparently at this point the tuna / crab start to require the eggs and veggies. A bit of a deterrant but still a doable option.
                              Last edited by Akishka; 01-14-2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X