Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping out the tradeskillers

Well, and myself
    I am looking to make some money and figured the best way would be to trade my time and work for plat. I would like to get a list of things that tradeskillers like to buy in the bazaar.

When i was a younger druid, I sat in Stonebrunt and killed leopards for weeks to get their skins. I would port to Feerrot and kill spiders for another week. Then I would make leather padding. I was able to buy my bone handled scimitar with that money.

I'm now level 57 and have my eyes on some higher level items that require a good amount of plat. What are the things that I could spend my time killing, foraging, low-level-combing, etc. that would help out tradeskillers and also my bank account.

I'm not going to ask for prices, I can look those up in the bazaar, I just want a list of what you would think is in demand and would help you guys out. Please point out the obvious for a druid who has had his head down trying to xp and not kept up with the tradeskill scene very much.

Thanks,
    Drid the druid

drops
    velium but dont charge 100pp per small peice please.
    acrylia see above
    windstones and esscense of wind.
    leather padding still.
    ldon tempers
    superb and flawless rockhopper hides
    anything for pop stuff pretty much

forages
    there is a thread on pop stuff foraged and mod ropped and fished already.
    yew and tea leaves from wl and ek.
    morning dew for hie cultural
    tufts of dire wolf fur (halflings packs)

subcombines
    imbue emeralds and make sacred tunare silk
    heady kiola
    cvt since you can port to cs and only druids (you) and wizards (me) can.
    celestial esscense.
    any racial temper

again please dont overcharge. the bazaar tends to get stupid often.

Maker of Picnics.
    Cooker of things best left unidentified.
    "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

"Overcharging" is in the eye of the purchaser, not the seller.

Without getting too far into it, the prices charged are what the market will support. Some people will pay a lot of money for something they can't/won't get or do themselves. That's not a bad thing. If someone wants to charge 100pp for each small piece of velium, I don't have to pay it.

The Bazaar and the people in it don't get stupid, they get smart. Charging a player whatever that player is willing to pay is smart business and smart economics. It takes at least two to make a deal. I can charge as much as I want for any good I have, but until someone pays that price, I've done nothing. If no one pays, I lower prices.

There's no reason to critize someone who puts a value on his or her time and finds another player to agree that yes, that product is worth, in time costs, at least the charged value in pp.

Just a thought in economics.

Phabos Aphsion
      Drunken Paladin of Brell
      Tarew Marr

Comment

maybe it would be more useful to say what things generally go for. I do on occasion see things they are absurdly overpriced (saw some wyvern hides last gnith for 350pp), but I seriously doubt people ever buy at those prices, because most people after a few days of looking can see what the average price is.

velium and acrylia usually dont sell for much more than 70pp per brick, or 30pp per small piece. Thats the high end.

Wyvern hides generally dont sell for more than 100pp. Usually they are closer to 80pp, although I can buy them in CS for 50pp.

Anyway, thats just on my server.... im sure it varies.

The one goldmine I found is swirling shadows. If you can kill the shades in Twilight Sea easily, you can farm a whole bag of these in about 5-6 hours. When I was selling them I could sell for about 60-70pp each.

Comment

Originally posted by Malodium
          velium and acrylia usually dont sell for much more than 70pp per brick, or 30pp per small piece. Thats the high end.
          you sure about that? since the enchanted velium bits recipe, I haven't seen prices on velium drop below 100 - usually somewhere leaning toward 150 A PIECE.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
          Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
          Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

You may be right, I havnt check velium lately.

Been farming it myself since its so easy. Although there is always at least one other person farming it.

Comment

Excellent. This is just what I was looking for. I appreciate the attempt at what things cost, but I find it is tough to compare across servers and even week to week.

My main goal of the post was to get what things are needed and you have all help tremendously. This points me in a good direction to go find things and get them for others.

"cvt since you can port to cs and only druids (you) and wizards (me) can. "

This lost me. I've spent some time in CS in the low 50s but don't follow what "cvt" is. Can you elaborate. Everything else I understood and again THANK YOU.

If you have any other ideas, please continue to post them. Specific items help me the best. Then I can head off to Alla's and do some research.

Thanks again,
              Drid the druid.

Comment

cvt = coldain velium temper

It used to be only vendor sold in Thurgadin. Then at some point, they added the ability to make player brewed cvt. Then recently, they nerfed the CVT vendor in Thurgadin, so now it has to be made.

One of the ingredients required is only sold by the otter vendors in CS - hence why as a druid tradeskiller, this might be a good idea for you.

Prices for CVT right now on The Rathe are holding steady at around 35-40pp....

CVT costs, if you make the celestial essence yourself, around 6pp each to make - so a bit of clicking, and you've got some good profit.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
                Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
                Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Drake Hides > Wyvern Hides IMO
                  Flawless and Superb Rockhopper Hides

Good foraged items not listed: Justice Fruit and Acorns

Velium, Acrylia, Condensed - all good for many trades

Magelo

Comment

i was thinking about buying a couple stacks of algae and selling for 1pp a stack. that way someone could still make there own if the didn't want to go to cs. not everyone has the faction. i am amiable.

mammoth meat is you quad mammoths in ew. i am thinking about it. used in the halas 10lb pie.

Maker of Picnics.
                    Cooker of things best left unidentified.
                    "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Teas

On Veeshan, you can still make a fortune on Qeynos Afternoon Teas (It's not unusual to sell 300 a night at a fair price). The bottle neck is foraging the Tea Leaves in East Karana, but while you're there you can farm skins and silks.

You can get around 25pp each for Griffon and Anaconda Meat if you're ok with Jaggedpine; plus the Foraged Plant Shoots. Seems hardly anyone farms there anymore.
                      Nairn NiteRaven
                      61 Half Elf Druid of Karana
                      Veeshan

Comment

Working...
                      X