Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is easiest tradeskill after jewel crafting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is easiest tradeskill after jewel crafting?

I would like to raise a second trade skill to 250 so I can get another "grandmaster" trophey ). What is the next easiest tradeskill to max out? I already have jc(250) and I CAN forage. Would baking be next easiest? most of my other trade skills are already around 150ish.

Since you can forage, yes, Baking would generally be the easiest. Brewing is also 'easy' to 248 since in a few cities you can buy everything you need right there, and just sit and click. Those other two points, you could do Demi Secs, esp since you have high JC and can make the magnums yourself, or KalaCons if you have the patience to gather the sub-parts in Kaladim.

If anyone answers with 'smithing' or 'tailoring', they are blowing smoke. ^_^

Pottery can be simple to 200, tho 'easy' is not the word i would use. If you take the 'stay close to trivial' path, you need (farmed) old world skins for the vials, or you need someone to take you to Jaggypine to buy about 60 stacks of casserole dish sketches to go to 199.

Fletching they say is just sitting in front of a vendor with some plat and a kit for a while.... I personally have not much touched fletching yet, I may be a little off there.

Good Luck with whichever you chose!

-- Sanna
    Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
    Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
    Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
    Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
    [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
    Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

what level?

brewing is cheaper than jc but more items per combine. sanna is right.

baking is 3rd in price and difficulty.

fletching can be store bought or farmed so hard to judge.

smithing is good to 222 now with minimal farming once you can brew.

tailoring was made by bertoxx and innoruk. we all hate it and have gotten sick of tradeskilling with it.

pottery. i dont smoke much pot. 122 only. just for shawls.

Maker of Picnics.
      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Smithing. Totally. It's kind of a pain up to 188, but after that it's smooth sailing all the way to 250. Really. I wouldn't lie to you.

/em runs.
        Stugein
        66 Grave Lord of Innoruuk
        Fennin Ro

Why did the ranger cross the road?
        Because the chicken had him at 10%.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanna
          If anyone answers with 'smithing' or 'tailoring', they are blowing smoke. ^_^
          Please ignore Sanna. Smithing is by far the easiest tradeskill to raise.

Comment

*kicks kiztent and aims a kick at the running stugein*

Are you gonna believe a reaver of innoruuk and a gravelord, or a sweet lil druid of tunare? ^_^

/pokes kiztent once more on her way out

-- Sanna
            Mistress Tinkbang Tankboom - Ak'Anon, Tarew Marr
            Gneehugging Chantaranga of the 66th Mez Break - AA:59
            Assisted by Nakigoe Sennamida, Druidess of 65 Foraged Steamfont Springwaters - AA:8
            Quartic, Darkie Wizzy of 52 Self-Snares - Best Crit: 1680.
            [BK-210 // BR-250 // BS-203 // FL-200 // JC-240 // PT-200 // TL-200 ]---[ TK-179 // RS-182 // FS-165 ]-- Points: 1503/1750 -- Shawl: EIGHT and wearing it ^_^.
            Icon by Kenshingentatsu

Comment

Brewing and jewlcraft are the easiest trade skills in the game, mainly because there is NO farming involved. Brewing is far cheaper, but requires a lot of nine item combines. Jewlcraft is far more expensive, but requires only two item combines.

I would say baking comes in third if your talking about hitting 250 skill. There’s a lot of combines involved, but if you have the money you can usually buy everything you need from vendors or in the bazaar. If you don’t mind some farming you don’t need to mess with the bazaar.

If your only trying for 200 skill, fletching is easier than baking since like jewlcraft and brewing all you have to do is sit in front of a vendor and spend money. Fletching tends to get very expensive shortly after 200 skill so I’ve yet to take it any higher.

Pottery is also simply a mater of sitting in front of a vendor and handing over small amounts of money into the 190s. But after that it too can become expensive.

Smithing isn’t really hard to get to 188 skill. It’s more expensive to do so to that level than most other skills but its not hard. There are some new smithing options to raise your skill a bit above 188 now, but after 188 is still where the “fun” begins. At some point you’ll be faced with doing tons of green farming for Shadowscream or spending large sums of money per combine.

Tailoring is pure HELL. I’ve been playing this game for over two years and I’ve been working trade skills on many characters almost from day one. And to this day I’ve yet to get tailoring above 158 on any character. The main thing that makes this skill difficult is that you either have to farm everything or buy it from other players. Whoever designed the tailoring system is one of the true sadists of our time.
              Pait Spiritwalker
              63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
              The Seventh Hammer

Comment

I agree that Baking is quite easy. Up until 191 it is simple, after 191 it gets a little more involved, but if you don't mind foraging you can do cheesy vegetable caseroles from 191 up to 250. The only [slightly] difficult components are eggs (foraged in many zones) and plant shoots (foraged in Jaggedpine and Neriada's Landing). The recipe is a simple 2 step one as well.

If you are from a race with INT casters, LoY robes provide a somewhat easy path up to 232 in Tailoring, but they require a foraged item and a (old) research item. Post 232 they require a new research (50+) item which is much harder to find and much more expensive to buy in bazaar.
                Piting 57 Gnome Cleric 7th Hammer, Smithing 188, Leader of the Gnomads
                Nukying 57 Gnome Wizard 7th Hammer, Tailoring 250+needle, Baking 250+spoon
                Merling 42 Gnome Magician 7th Hammer, Tinkering 248+spanner, Pottery 180
                Angekat 29 Vah Shir Shaman 7th Hammer, Brewing 148
                Kegless 51 Wood Elf Ranger 7th Hammer, Fletching 202, Foraging 200, Baking 68

Comment

Working...
                X