Tailoring bugged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailoring bugged?

I've been working on platinum ribbons with steam dye, and am finding that I get a ton of successes with very few skill-ups. I averaged 2 skillups and 13+ successes per stack for the first three:
    167 - 169: 15 successes out of 20
    170-171: 17 successes out of 20
    172-173: 13 successes out of 20
    173: 19 successes out of 20 and NO skill-ups?

Trying to confirm if anyone else has had a similar experience? Am I just having a run of bad luck? I didn't do all the combines at the same time, just whenever I had the coin to buy the ribbons. WIS was somewhere in the neighborhood of 270. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Em

if you check out the skillup runs people post for 200-250 runs.. you'll see that all the tradeskills can have runs of over a hundred, if not several hundred, without a skillup. From 150-200, the majoerity of people still get "hell levels" at some point that require powering though a point with a lot of attempts.

going 19 attempts with no skillup is not a bug, it's situation normal... when you go 300 without a skillup, then there might be a problem (for tailoring.. going 500-600 in brewing would still be "normal")

Comment

While it may seem frustrating, I don't think what you are seeing is in any way out of line. I know you're probably tired of hearing (I was too), but really, it's just the RNG.

Keep collecting, keep combining. You reaching the hell levels when you'll be happy to see a skill up in a 100 combines, etc. etc.

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
      Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
      Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'd heard that you tend to gain more skill-ups on successes than failures, which is why I thought perhaps there was a problem. Actually, I'm happy to hear that there isn't. I'd planned to put tailoring on hold until the next patch, hoping things would get better. Now I can jump back in.
        Thanks again,
        Em

Comment

You were very, very lucky. Or else I was very, very unlucky when I was skilling up. I averaged about 1 skill up per 70-80 combines from 190-250. I had several runs of 300+ combines without a skill up. This was all at a minimum of 305 Wis since this was right around the time PoP came out.

Galain ~ Talionis ~ Prexus

Comment

Working...
          X