Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's best to forage. :)

Hey guys,
    I'm somewhat of a beginning baker (only 170ish). My passion is pottery. I am a 65 druid(200 foraging) and I do a lot of foraging. To support my addiction I need plat. I figure since I'm out doing some foraging anyway, I could get some stacks for bakers. I'm pretty sure you guys need stuff. Soooo...long story short.

What's in demand for bakers? No, I don't rip tradeskillers off, I'm usually the guy undercutting everyone on ingrediants being a tradeskiller myself.

Aruzdail

I'd hit PoJ and forage, cockroaches, justice fruit and bread crumbs should all sell well.
    Quikpick Emberlore
    Arcanist of Chronology

Comment

For my tailoring, I was foraging Sylvan Berries in LFay. While doing so, I would end up with several stacks of morning dew each week. I'd take them up in the bazaar, and sell for anywhere from 20-30pp and they'd usually be gone within 30 minutes. I'd see others selling them for 40 to 50 pp, but I couldn't in good concious sell something that's that easy to forage for that much. It's bad enough they require non foraging High Elves to use morning dews.

But if you're trying to help the bakers, then go to jaggedpine. Forage up plant shoots and kill griffons and anacondas while you're at it.
      -- Mewkus: 2100 dings on the server formerly known as Solusek Ro
      try: Inventory/Flags/Spells tracker program - (sample output)

Comment

dragon eggs in veloius zones are always loved by tailors. tea leaves from nk for brewers.

as for baking. justice fruit please. jaggedpine plant shoots also wonderful though.

Maker of Picnics.
        Cooker of things best left unidentified.
        "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Definatly go for the Morning Dew/Sylvan Berry route if your looking for cash. HE Smiths burn thru Morning Dew like a dope dealer at a crackhouse picnic.
          Moonlilly

Comment

I find LDoN smithing temper stuff (Ice Lichen, Goblin Bones, Pondweed, Sand Verbenea, and Gargoyle Granite) sell well, though I'm usually buying. Tufts of Dire Wolf Fur are a great source of income if you get chummy with a GM halfer tailor.

Comment

It's amazing how many foraged things sell for 30 pp and up. There are several good forages on every continent, but you do need to have some idea what's best.

All the temper ingredients from the LDoN zones, also Sedge Branches.

Plant Shoots from Jaggedpine, although bakers pay more for Griffon Meat and Anaconda Meat than for Plant Shoots. Justice Fruit is always in demand from PoJ. Tea Leaves from the Karanas. Tufts of fur from Velious zones sell by the hundreds to Halfling tailors. Planar Branches from Plane of Growth are probably the most expensive forage of all. Yew Leaves from Wakening Land are also pretty expensive.

Vegetables are more in demand than the other common forages, but still only sell for one or two plat each. Eggs of all types sell for a few plat for bakers to make dough. But Dragon eggs and Drake eggs from Skyshrine or ToV are for tailors. Mushrooms foraged on Luclin also sell well, as do Cinnamon Sticks from Greater Faydark.

Morning Dew/Sylvan Berries is at the top of the list for smithing/tailoring... but also the orcs in Lesser Faydark are only around level ten or so, the pixies around level 20, the brownies under 40 I think. They all drop berries, you can hunt them while foraging... and pixie dust and brownie parts also sell well in bazaar.

Sylvan Berries aren't the only good tailoring drop... all the cultural tannin forages sell for around 50 pp each. You could try in Dreadlands or Firiona Vie (the barley also drops from creatures, not just forage). I found an especially good forage rate in Field of Bone, but there's nothing there to kill for drops.

There's more, but I figure that's enough to keep you busy for a long long time.
              83/1000 High Elven Enchanter on cazic (8x300 tradeskills)

Comment

Phoenix eggs are my bane atm . I so wish I could get my hands on a few stacks of those. I'm plagued by stacks of mephit meat. While I could make sandwiches, I sell pies the quickest. Go figure.

But yes.. I agree with above.. Plant shoots, bread crumbs and phoenix eggs are the first things I check the bazaar for.

Inspect the pink parts!

Comment

if you don't mind the occasional rare forage that sells well in the bazaar, try Wakening Lands. Yew Leaves are rare and sell well also Tufts of Dire Wolf Fur sell quickly.

Comment

Do LDON missions. smithing is a pita to raise and the temper stuff is a great help. You get adventure points that you can buy gear with, some plat, half an AA, and foraged temper stuff you can sell. What a great deal!
                    Splunge the Insane - Former Test Server Inmate
                    Splunge (Reborn) - Hunter of Lightbringer

Comment

In a related post......I just made a wood elf ranger alt to use for foraging and also to track dragons (my pally main is stuck on his epic). Are there any good resources online for those two skills? What stats/class/race are best, and how best to raise skills, etc. I'm thinking to work on forage in Lfay to get ribbon dye and morning dews, tho my skill is still at 50 yet. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Zarathros Lv40 Enchanter on The Rathe

Comment

Rangers get the highest capped skill in Track, i think their forage is the same cap as druids, tho i may be wrong. No race starts with a tracking skill so your best bet if this is solely what you want to use the ranger for is Wood Elf simply because they come prepackaged with a forage skill of 50 so you can start earlier and not have to train it up as much.

Qutie!

Comment

Hrmm, lets see. Gonna make a list of plat making forages and zones that I can think of...

LDoN - Prolly the best you can do all around. Exp, usually good
                          cash in and of itself, points, and 100pp+ forages. There
                          are tons of forages that are used in tradeskills in these
                          dungeons! Smithing, Brewing, Baking, Alchemy. Almost
                          everything you forage is used for something.

WL- Foraged Yew Leaves, kill Tigeraptors/Panthers/Black Panthers
                          for thier hides, and also haze panther eyes for tinkering $$$

WW- Forage Drake/Dragon Eggs and Tufs of fur, kill Wolves and
                          Mammoths for pelts.

Warslik Woods- Forage Oak Bark, kill goblins at the camp for
                          Shrunken Goblin SKull Earring and other goodies.

Lfey- Forage Morning Dew/Slyvan berries, kill brownies for parts,
                          and pixies for dust

EK- Forage Tea Leaves/Karana stone thing, kill cats and spiders
                          for silk/pelts

CS- No forages worth anything, but kill wyverns/drakes/othmir for
                          pelts, and fish cobalt cod while ya med *othmirs and named
                          drake/wyverns are bad faction*

PoJ- Forage Justice Fruit, Bread Crumbs and Cockroaches, can kill
                          random junk for giggles and maybe a lil exp

PoS- fish for Thunder Salmon

Luclin- many zones have mushroom forages, and lots of stuff to
                          kill while you do it

PoG- Planar Oak forage

Jaggedpine- Forage Plant shoots, kill griffons/anaconda's for meat

Gfey- Forage Morning Dew/Cinamon Sticks, Kill pixies for dust,
                          Brownies and bandits for different meats.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head atm, I will post anything else that comes to mind later. A couple other tradeskill style money options for you too though....

Twilight Sea- Kill elementals by the droves for tradeskill stuff
                          (pottery and smithing)

PoK- Forage Habenero Peppers, do combines of Celestial
                          Essences, buffs for donation, basic smithing combines
                          (ie med qual folded sheets, metal bits, rings etc.. though this
                          might be taking a chance)

Also- If you can manage it, sell the other componants for known
                          skill recipes along with the foraged item. (ie: Thunder
                          Salmon fished in PoS, and Bread Crumbs foraged in PoJ....
                          Mushrooms foraged in Luclin, with premade dark chocolate
                          cream) That way, you are one stop shopping, and people
                          will always return to you first, cause you are know for
                          having everything they need.

Last one- Low quality rockhopper hides (hides can be scaled
                          down, but dont ever scale down Superb or Flawless...a
                          tailor would die =P) from anywhere there are
                          rockhoppers, and shadeling silk from outside Shar Val.
                          Make leather padding for smiths, it sells well, and they
                          go through it by the pack full doing most pre LDoN
                          combines

Ok, Im spent. Thats all I got for you, but its some good ways to make money and help fellow tradeskillers as well. Hope you like some of my ideas.

/salute

~Mirakle
                          Tradeskill junkie of Emarr

Comment

I also like to take my little druid alt into Lava:

*forage: ashweed
                            *drops: essence of fire, imp blood, basilisk eggs, bloodstones

Also in dire need of griffon/anaconda meat. I never see it in bazaar. Fortunately, Nedaria's Landing is a mini-Jaggedpine, and my druid who just dinged 34 is having excellent luck with both plant shoots and griffon meat.

I would also pay a reasonable price for cabbages from NK. But then my idea of reasonable isn't 50pp each.
                            Grenoble
                            Iksar Shaman

Laedria
                            DE Wizardess and Nuker Extroardinaire

Comment

Speaking of Nedaria's Landing, have you noticed if the griffs there also drop griffon feathers as well as the meat?
                              Diania Moonspirit
                              lvl 66 druidess
                              The Disciples of Might, Bristlebane
                              Grandmaster Brewer - 300 w/ Master Trophy 3% evolved
                              Grandmaster Baker - 300 w/ Rolling Pin

Comment

Working...
                              X