190 baking...skilling up and trophy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 190 baking...skilling up and trophy question

So last night, i spent 2 hours and about 400 plat (bought the wolf/mammoth meat) doing halas pies...did about 50 halas combines, at skill 190 + geerlok (129wis, no kei..im only 42 and this is my main, so wasting that 400p was not ideal) and got a big 0 on skillups...yay me.

Another thing is the market on my server calls for halas pies at 3p each, so its 60p a stack, instead of the normal 5p each i see alot of people selling here for. (and they dont sell very fast =\ )

Im curious if that bad of a streak is going to continue, or was that just extremely bad luck...should i wait until i have more wis items and KEI to do more baking?

Also whats the chances on getting the trophy at 190 (incase i never skill this up again in frustration =p, and just want the trophy to have it ), whats the chances at 200? post 200? DO base skill + geerlok add to your chances, or is it a set low percentage on getting it after a certain skill level?

/sigh Thanks for the help in advance...boy that was a horrible night heh.

BTW i realize i can get to 191 on patty melts...thats what i skilled up on from 135 -190 in one trip to get cheese from JP, i hit 190, ran outta cheese, and said screw it, not running back to get one skill point. hehe =p

n0id

129wis
    That is your problem right there. Get yourself over to the Rathe Mountains and kill Hill Giants. Gather 1 to 2k pp. Head to the Bazzar and get your Wisdom to 255 or at least above 200.

Remember that it is OK to buy really crappy equipment that you would not use otherwise as long as it has wisdom on it. You are buying this stuff as an investment to save money in the long run, not to go hunting with.

Don't forget that a Misty Thicket Picnic and a Qeynos Afternoon Tea add 10 WIS together. Force feed yourself other food if you can't afford to keep yourself in a constant supply of both.

With your WIS above 200 (or 255 ideally) you should see much more frequent skillups. I've been getting a skillup every 1 to 3 combines while getting tailoring from 162 to 181, except for one 'hell level' of 23 combines at 177. (I've really got to update my sig image...).

Good luck!
    Master of every trade skill and all 25 languages Craftah of Luclin
    Enchanter of 65 Seasons
    Master of every tradeskill and all 25 languages

Comment

/agree The higher your wisdom the better. The highest I can get my wisdom is 223, and that’s using the picnics and the tea. So I could use some more wisdom as well, but there’s that money thing again. Anyway, get as much wisdom as you can and that should help. It will not, however, stop you from having long runs with no skill ups. But it should help you have fewer of them. I went through over 80 truffles without a skill up and then started making Halas Pies for a change of pace. My baking is 210 now, but even with pies I can go through two or three stacks without a single skill up. Of course, you can also get several skill ups on a single stack. Don’t you just love the randomness of it all?
      Pait Spiritwalker
      63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
      The Seventh Hammer

Comment

252 wis
        180 combines
        56 breaded salmons 45 successes
        15 candided cockroaches 12 sucesses
        75 justice fruit pies 27 succeses

went from skill 189-192

fishing was even worse
        550 casts