My Question about Tradeskills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Question about Tradeskills

Ok ... my first goal in doing tradeskills was to get my skills up to do my shawl quest, but then i got some loot that was better and I lost interest.

Then I decided I wanted to explore some oft he stuff TS'ing had to offer and have now on a mission to raise my TS's up to 200 across the board.

So far I'm at the following..

Jewelry 200
    Baking 189
    Brewing 185
    Smithing 133
    Tailoring 168
    Pottery 122
    Fishing 50

Eventually I'm going to get them all to 200.

My question is, in my view of how i role play the game, I view TS's a job sorta.

If I had to poke your mind, which TS do you feel makes the most money. My long term goal is to have a profitable business with my TS I decide to take 250 and it will only be ONE i take to 250.

So your opinions are highly appreciated and I thank you for reading this.

Oh Oh and

Fletching 155

Comment

blacksmithing you might make the most at once.
      lot of 250 jc people so less demand there.
      also lots of 250 brewers but product is consumed so still ok.
      high fletching rangers at least get everfull quiver so will only ever need 2 of any arrow.
      pottery has some use with elemental planes and ceramic stuff of god.
      baking has consumables and not as many ppl as brewing or jc. planar drops make good stat food.
      fishing you can't take to 250 anyway.
      tailoring is a nightmare get out now. jk. if your halfling the haversacks sell for 6k each but tufts of dire wolf fur are a pita. not as much demand for these that i have seen. might be different on your server.

i'd go with baking to 250. easier without being as flooded as some others and items consumable so ppl will need them again.

Maker of Picnics.
      Cooker of things best left unidentified.
      "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

The most profitable thing to do with tradeskills is to not tradeskill; just farm and sell tradeskill components.

People who tradeskill tradeskill because they love it and/or are mentally insane.

There are people who've made a ton of money (very few, I might add) because they had the right skill and farmability level and business sense at the right time when a new recipe/item came out. They made a ton of items and sold them at a premium and made a lot of money (re: Solstice earrings items, long time ago jewelers, some time ago cultural smiths, etc.).

Most of us scrape by and more often than not, reinvest the money we earn back into skilling. I call it "recycling".

The cupcake is DONE! 1750!!! And 7 Trophies! And a fishing pole! That summons beer! Woo! And Tarteene, the enchanting gnomish tinkerer of the 247th bolt and one neato Tinkering Trophy

Butcherblock Oak Bark Map, hosted by Kentarre!
        Reztarn's Guide to Finding Yew Leaves
        Frayed Knot - The Rathe

Comment

/\
          l
          l
          l

uh yeah she pretty said it with the love it or be insane. lots of money here at lv 39 going to tradeskills. been eyeing one 2k item for 10 levels or more and never get enough moeny saved for i tradeskill.

Maker of Picnics.
          Cooker of things best left unidentified.
          "Grimrose points to the sky. Look! Up in the sky, it's a bird, no, a plane, no it's Picnic-Man. It's Emiamn, a mild mannered tradeskiller by day but daring handsome crime fighter at night. Spreading peace and joy to norrath with his mighty Picnics!"

Comment

Eniarmn: you bring up some good points after reevaluating....

Considering if I had to look at which ones I prefer over the big spectrum.

JC : Too many 250s and only really good if you're an enchanter imho.

Fletching: I hate rangers..

Pottery: I hate this.

Brewing: Not too bad but its ok.

Fishing: Good to kill time.

Tailoring: This one interests me. While I at one point thought 250 tailor was a meal ticket to money. The more and more armor comes out with LDoN and POP , the cultural tailoring doesnt even look that good anymore.

Baking: Everyone loves Misty Thicket Picnics

Thanks to your opinions and allowing me to reevaluate some of my personal opinions. At this moment, baking is taking the cake (no pun intended) for my TS to 250.

This could change but it looks like the most beneficial , while being fun.

On a side note: Chenier .... you are SOOO right about selling tradeskill compoents.

I had my lil brother make me Heidy Kioalas when I was doing Wu's. I had about 9 stacks left over, and they sold in one night at i think double what the bazaar price was. I

When I had leftovers from doing Barbarian Cultural armor for my twink, i put the rings and stuff up and it was gone in a night also.

Probably the best sellers would be studs , velium and acrylia because people just dont want to farm those.

Just a thought.

Please keep the opinions coming, I am taking this all in!!

Comment

The most profitable thing to do with tradeskills is to not tradeskill; just farm and sell tradeskill components.
              Aint that the truth.

If you honestly simply want to make money, check out some of the most common skill-up paths in each tradeskill, and go farm the items needed for those paths.

Example:
              I can fill a 10 slot bag with swirling shadows in 4-5 days of casual farming, and sell them back at 60pp each.
              Thats 1200 per stack, and 12kpp per bag.
              12k per week is pretty nice.

Comment

Baking or brewing are probably the best ones, unless you take a loooong view of things (eventually you will start making some cash at smithing & tailoring, but it takes time to get to the skill level where money coming in > costs + money reinvested into skillups)

Money is to be made on tradeskill components & other consumables:

With baking & brewing, you are a huge volume of stats food & drink with a small profit margin per item, which will add up, bit by bit.

Celestial essences also fit into the above category.

~~

Now, if you are an INT caster class, Spell Research can make you a bit of cash here and there (although the market is starting to dry up a bit) for 50-60 spells. I find all but the rarest research components on merchants all the time, and can make a few spells that sell for a anywhere from 200pp to 5000p...if I could get my hands on the really rare components (ex: Rune of Zephyr, Rune of Scintillation), I could make a nice chunk of change (assuming I didn't need the spells myself!)
                Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                Silky Moderator Lady
                Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

I took brewing to 250, on two characters actually; because after two years of doing trade skills I wanted a trophy, darn it. *grins* And brewing is the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get one.

Smithing I could take to 250 given the time to farm and farm and farm. Its easy farming but its painfully slow.

When I first started playing EQ I wanted to be a 250 tailor. But I quickly decided that tailoring is THE hardest trade skill in the game for me to gain points in. I’ve yet to change my mind.

Fletching I left to my ranger who has never taken it past 202. I just can’t afford it.

Tinkering is fun, but I just don’t play my gnome necromancer enough to pursue that past its current 130.

Jewlcraft I’ve never considered worth doing unless I start an enchanter.

Pottery wouldn’t be bad. But my interest just isn’t strong enough for me to spend the time and money to take it beyond its current 200 level.

Of all the trade skills baking is my favorite. There’s just so much fun stuff to make. And you can make money from it too, even if you don’t get rich overnight. Once I buy a few things I really need with my AA points, such as canni five, I’ll most like take baking and possibly smithing to 250. After that I’ll probably just try to max everything else out at 200.
                  Pait Spiritwalker
                  63rd Season Vah Shir Shaman
                  The Seventh Hammer

Comment

Working...
                  X