Oracle Quest - Tradeskill parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Quest - Tradeskill parts

Since the other topic is getting unwieldy, I'm posting a new one which has focus on the Tradeskill part of this quest. First a quick assembly of what we know so far ...

*** NOTE: PLEASE KEEP ANY DISCUSSION NOT RELATED TO THE TRADESKILL PORTION OF THIS QUEST IN THE OTHER THREAD! ***

Either find Sir Artanis in North Freeport, or Qrixat Du`voy in the Cleric Guild in Neriak 3rd Gate. I'm not posting the text from Qrixat, but it's similar to the one below and also yields you the note.

You say, 'Hail, Sir Artanis'
    You say, 'I received your summons'

Sir Artanis says ''Yes ________, thank you for responding with such haste. The Knights of Marr recently captured a Teir'Dal wizard who under intense questioning revealed a variety of disturbing matters. First, he worships Solusek Ro, which is no crime, but considering the nearby temple's past associations with the Burning Dead, specifically Marnek about whom you recently delivered revelations, then his other information seems even more dire. Secondly, he has admitted that he was in Freeport attempting to contact the leaders of the Dismal Rage for he understood that they have nearly completed a phylactery, a device that holds the mortal soul of a lich. In light of this, we ask that you visit the Oracle of K'Arnon in the Ocean of Tears to learn whatever you can about the nature of these phylacteries, including the means to create one so that we better know how to destroy them. This letter will serve as proof that you come in the name of the Knights of Marr.''

He hands you a note. Head to OoT and find the Oracle.

You say, 'Hail, Oracle of K`Arnon'
    Oracle of K`Arnon says 'Greetings, ________, I am the Oracle of K'Arnon. Do you quest for [knowledge] yourself, or do you offer that which I [seek]?'

Hand in the Note.

Oracle of K`Arnon says ''You walk a dangerous path if you seek to construct a phylactery. I can indeed assist you, but you must both pay my price of knowledge for knowledge and prove to me that you are capable of controlling the forces you might unleash. I seek six volumes of magical power and knowledge that are spread across the commonly known lands of Norrath and even beyond, in the planes. For each you bring me I shall instruct you on the next step in the process and provide you with one of the required pieces. Completing each step will require acquiring even more items. The process is time-consuming, but the power of a phylactery is such that it will benefit even a bearer who does not aspire to lichdom. When you are certain you are ready to begin, talk to my assistant, Jeyular and hand him. . . hmmm, where shall we start? I think it would be fitting to begin with a tome by the great lich himself, Miragul.'

BOOK 1 - TOME OF MIRAGUL

This Tome drops from an Ancient Construct, who spawns in The Hole. The mob has placeholders in the form of Ruined Constructs.

An auspicious beginning. To reward your start, I will enlighten you with the secret of palatable mana, which is required to create a phylactery, but also has independent uses as well. Brew it like wine, but include a vial of mana as created by the ablest enchanters plus a pinch of this special sugar as well as grapes that can be grown only by the halflings of Rivervale. When you are ready to continue with the next step, return with the history of the Di`Zok and give it to me.

The Assistant gives you

Sea-Foam Sugar
    LORE ITEM NO DROP
    WT: 0.4 Size: TINY
    Class: ALL
    Race: ALL

The Halfling you need is called "epicurean halfling". You can find him outside the wall in Misty Thicket, just walk through the gate when coming from Rivervale and turn right. He is standing at loc 885, 85.

You say, 'Hail, epicurean halfling'

epicurean halfling says ''Hmmm. . . What? Oh sorry, I was snoozing. I was up throughout last night harvesting my [grapes] by the light of the moon.''

You say, 'What about your grapes?'

epicurean halfling says ''Why, my magic moon-harvested grapes, of course. I will give you some to sample if you would [help] me.''

You say, 'What help do you need?'

epicurean halfling says ''The specially-prepared soil that grows the vines for my grapes is becoming muddy again. I need more of the magical sand from the deserts of Ro to mix with my soil. Bring me that and I will give you some grapes.''

At this point I handed him the Sands of Ro I found stashed away on an alt somewhere.

epicurean halfling says ''Thank you so much. Here are the grapes I promised you. They may not look like much, but master brewers tell me they are required for many magical wines, including some sought by the most powerful magic-workers.''

He gave me this in return:

Moon-Harvested Grapes
    NO DROP

The above text is only given during the daytime. If it's night and you hail him, he will say the following:

epicurean halfling says ''Sorry, but I do not have time to talk right now as I my grapes are ready and I must harvest them by the light of the moon.''

You can still hand him the Sands, though, and still get the Grapes.

Vials of Palatable Mana
    Skill: BREWING

Combine: Yeast + Moon-harvested Grapes + Sea-foam Sugar + Vial of XXX Mana
    Trivial: > 202, <= 240, skill restricted combine: > 162, <= 170

Notes: XXX can be Viscous, Cloudy, Clear, Distilled and Purified.

BOOK 2 - HISTORY OF THE DI'ZOK

The History of the Di'Zok drops from Loremaster Piza'Tak, who can be found in the Chardok Library, on the ground floor. He has placeholders (including another named mob) and does not always drop the book. The spawnspot is next to the door in front of which is the pit trap that drops you down to the room of Overking Bathezid.

Excellent work. This book is not easily come by. This next step is the first of creating components for the phylactery iteself, the silk insert. This is the base inside of the box and it must be made of durable stone silk to withstand the energies within a phylactery. When you are ready to continue with the next step, return the long-lost Journal of Aataltaal to me. His tomb is rumored to be in the Hills of Shade, and while I doubt this is true, rumor depends on some truths so somewhere nearby is where to discover this book.

The Assistant gives you

Insert Pattern
    LORE ITEM NO DROP

Stone Silk Insert
    Skill: TAILORING

Combine: Insert Pattern + Stone Silk x2 + Spiderling Silk Thread x4
    Trivial: > 192, <= 229, skill restricted combine, > 163, <= 171

Notes: The Stone Silks you need drop from Stone Spiders in Sol B, also known as Nagafen's Lair. The respawn time is 24 minutes and he doesn't always drop the Silks.

BOOK 3 - JOURNAL OF AATALTAAL

The Journal of Aataltaal drops from Estrella of Gloomwater, who spawns inside Kedge Keep. She is a 12-hour spawn and does not always drop the Journal.

Impressive, young one. I truly did not believe you would locate this volume. My instructions for constructing a phylactery shall continue. The third step requires the construction of the soul net -- the silken binding for inside the lid of the phylactery. This requires delicate and balanced threading that only the ablest fletchers can perform. To create this mystic mesh, you'll need the silk of a spider that itself deals with the immaterial as well as shadewood clips to attach the soul net to the lid of the phylactery. You must also use the glue I have given to you. When you are ready to continue, bring the book guarded by yet another spider, this one found in the Planes of Power.

The Assistant gives you

Incorporeal Bond
    LORE ITEM NO DROP

Soul Net
    Skill: FLETCHING

Combine: Phase Spider Silk + Phase Spider Silk
    Trivial: > 220, < 231, Skill-restricted combine: > 163, <= 171

Combine: Shadewood Bow Staff + Whittling Blade
    Trivial: > 213, < 236

Combine: Phase Spider Thread + Incorporeal Bond + Shadewood Clips
    Trivial: > 200, <= 227

Notes: The Phase Spider Silks drop from the Phase Spiders in Dragon Necropolis.

The Whittling Blade is consumed in the combine.
    Last edited by Kaysha Soulsinger; 11-13-2003, 01:27 PM.

Kaysha Soulsinger
    Member of the 1750 club since October 13th 2004
    True strength is not a measure of the body, it's a measure of the soul

BOOK 4 - FIREBONE NOTEBOOK

The Firebone Notebook is one of the 4 drops possible by Aramin the Spider Guardian in Plane of Disease. To get to him you need to pass through a locked door, the (No Rent) key of which is in possession of Gryme the Crypt Guardian. Both are on a 3-hour spawn timer. Since Aramin can drop only 2 items each kill and he has 4 items on his loot table, the book should drop once every 2 kills on average.

'My, my, you are serious about this effort, aren't you? This book is a excellent find from the Planes of Power and has earned you instructions for the fourth step in the process of creating a phylactery. A spellcaster may willingly give his soul to a phylactery to become a lich, but the process will not hold unless the phylactery can keep hold of the soul. The net snatches it, but a crucible of containment secures it. This sketch will help you get started, then you need merely follow similar, well-documented methods such as are used for a Crucible of Escape. The modifications should be obvious to one as talented as yourself. Also, the penultimate book I require is a bloody tome from Antonica.'

The Assistant gives you

Crucible Sketch
    LORE ITEM NO DROP

Crucible of Containment
    Skill: POTTERY

Combine: Crucible Sketch + Heavy Clay + Celestial Essence + Sculpting Tools + Spell: Bind Affinity
    Trivial: > 189, <= 229

BOOK 5 - SANGUINE TOME

The Sanguine Tome drops from a Tae Ew Bloodfiend, who spawns in the southern portion of the maze in Cazic-Thule. He is a stationary spawn at the small room with the firepots in it, accompanied by two other lizards. He is on a 20 minute spawn timer, has placeholders and doesn't always drop the Sanguine Tome.

'Thank you for this addition to my library. You're drawing close to the end of your quest. Only two more steps to complete and you will be glad to hear they are no more complicated than the first ones. The lids of the phylactery must be hinged and as no portion of the item can be of ordinary manufacture. You must fashion clasps of sealing. This mold will help you, but the Velium bits used must be enchanted and combined with a seemingly mundane object that yet holds great powers over the soul of an undead and weighs it down, anchoring it to this world. Undead elves especially are held here in this way. The results are then carefully filed smooth. Finally, the volume I require from you in exchange for the last information you require is the spellbook of the greatest living wizard on Velious.'

The Assistant gives you

Clasp Mold
    LORE ITEM NO DROP

Lids of the Phylactery
    Skill: SMITHING
    Quest item from Assistant: Clasp Mold

Combine: Coldain Velium Temper + Small Piece of Velium x2 + Spell: Enchant Velium
    Trivial: 222 (skill restricted combine: 165 skill or higher needed)

Combine: Enchanted Velium Bits + Spiritual Anchor + File + Clasp Mold
    Trivial: > 192, <= 229

Notes: The Spiritual Anchor drops from Ghoul of Takish-Hiz, who can spawn in the Oasis of Marr as well as in South Ro. He has placeholders, roams and is considered Undead. He does not always drop the quest item. He cannot be snared or rooted and has a very fast hitpoint regen, but has less than 3500 hitpoints in total.

BOOK 6 - VELKETOR'S SPELLBOOK

This one is easy to find, it is dropped by Velketor the Sorcerer, who can be found deep inside Velketor's Labyrinth. Acquiring the Book might be a different story though ...

'I am impressed by your efforts. The deeds are truly no less outstanding than my own when I stole into Miragul's Menagerie and stole a most unique tome and learned much of what I am passing along to you. The last step required of you will demand as much attention as all the prior travels and efforts to this point. Here is a decorated box I found in Miragul's laboratory that will form the substance of your phylactery. Once you have acquired and lacquered a precious garnet with the blood of a vampire, then apply the garnet and the five other pieces you've created to the decorated box and you'll have your prize. But remember, a precious garnet can be gained only from a god. As I find it unlikely you shall succeed in crafting a phylactery, and despite my payment in advice, allow me to thank you for your services in another [way].'

The Assistant gives you

Decorated Box
    Container: CLOSED
    LORE ITEM NO DROP
    WT: 4.0 Weight Reduction: 0%
    Capacity: 6 Size Capacity: LARGE

Blood-Lacquered Precious Garnet
    Skill: JEWELCRAFTING

Combine: Precious Garnet + Vial of Vampire Blood + Jar of Lacquer
    Trivial: > 200, < 245

Notes: the Vial of Vampire Blood drops in Mistmoore Castle from the Glyphed Ghouls. These spawn outside around the lake and the graveyard area.

The Precious Garnet drops from the Allizewsaur in Ocean of Tears (turn the first part around: Zilla ... and it only drops from a god - Godzilla ).

FINISHING THE PHYLACTERY

Put the items obtained in each of the 6 steps into the Decorated Box you received with the final turn in and hit combine. The result is:

Soul Clasp is a +2 HP / +2 Mana regen, which lasts 14 minutes.

When you give this to Assistant Jeyular, you get a Dark Phylactery in return:

Regeneration regens +5 HP per tick, for 20 minutes and 30 seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back at the quest text of the 6th book turn-in, you can ask something else of the Assistant. This leads to the quest reward that does not have the Tradeskill portion attached to it.

You say, 'what way?'

Assistant Jeyular says ''Look for Raotin Teawel, I believe he can be found on an island somewhere nearby where you would acquire a robe or tunic of Kael, Skyshrine or Thurgadin manufacture. Take one of those items and my token of service when you are ready and he shall share with you his newest creation, a robe or tunic of great power.'

The Assistant gives you

Token of Service
    LORE ITEM NO DROP

Raotin Teawel can be found in the Ocean of Tears as well on the Aviak Island, but does not respond to anything being said to him. Give him the Token as well as your Velious chest item for your new Tunic (WIS casters) or Robe (INT casters).

Raotin Teawel says ''Your promised reward.''

Last edited by Kaysha Soulsinger; 11-13-2003, 01:34 PM.

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

If it's the first, how would we enchant the Velium Bits?
      Velium would be enchanted with the level 44 Enchanter spell that is cleverly named "Enchant Velium" ; ) Since this is used to enchant a bar of velium, I'd assume you need to enchant the bar and break it down till you have bits, much like the way you do for Mithril armor ingredients

Comment

Velium Bars can not be chiseled into bits.

Small brick of Velium + Chisel = 2 Small Pieces
        2 small pieces + CVTemper = Velium Bits.
        3 Velium Bits + CVTemper = 2 Velium Studs.

So as you can see, the problem would still be, "How do we enchant the velium?"

-Lilosh
        Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
        President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
        Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

There are two current ways to get an enchanted bar. First is via the enchater enchant spell line, which seems unlikely in this case.

Second is the PoP way with a brick and a vial of mana in a forge. Has this version been tried with the different sizes of velium bricks and various vials?
          Tinile, 85th Druid of the Seventh Hammer
          1750 - 3/12/04, Still plugging away at 2100...
          Baking 300 | Blacksmithing 273 | Brewing 300 | Fletching 300 | Jewel Craft 300 | Pottery 300 | Tailoring 267

Namarie Silmaril, Enchantress of the 67th level
          Baking 135 | Blacksmithing 123 | Brewing 200 | Fletching 168 | Jewel Craft 250 | Pottery 199 | Spell Research 200 | Tailoring 165

Mumtinie, cute little mage of the 61st level
          Tinkering 243 | Research 201 | Tailoring 110 | Blacksmithing 104 | Pottery 76

Comment

Originally posted by Lilosh
            Velium Bars can not be chiseled into bits.
            Have you actually tried recently? I don't believe anybody has, and it is a possibility. They've done stranger things before with combines.
            ~Tudani
            Retired Shamaness of Talisman
            Tunare

"Measure twice, cut once."

Comment

I've been thinking about the Sea-foam Sugar myself. If these vials are intended as a separate item, it must be possible to get the Sugar somehow, one way or another.

It may not need the book, but maybe we can actually make the sugar ourselves? Personally, I've tried the following:

Mug of Sea Foam + Cup of Sugar

I got a DNC in Mixing Bowl, Tanaan Oven and Tanaan Brew Barrel. Either I'm completely off and such a recipe doesn't exist, or I do not use the right quantities of the items, or I miss something yet, or I'm not using the right container.

Kaysha Soulsinger

Comment

Notes: It is a question if the type of Palatable Mana used in this combine has influence on what the Phylactery will be ...
                Simple way to check.. do the combines with different types of mana, then send the resulting Palatable Mana link to someone on EQIM (or just type /chat <link here>.. you'll get an error in your chat window), the first part of the text you see will be the item's ID number. If they're the same, then the palatable mana has no influence. If they're different, then it probably does
                -- Isidien, 65 Arcanist, Prexus

Comment

The combine for the Precious Garnet + Vial of Vampire blood... maybe it was obvious to others, but I puzzled for a little while with Ryougo, before realizing.. you also need a Jar of Lacquer in the combine. Not trivial at 177+ 5%
                  Duvessa Shadowmoon
                  (Kirie Ravenwing)
                  L 65 Buffing Ranger of Hoss
                  Druzzil Ro

Comment

Has anyone done the Vial of Palatable Mana with Purified Mana? Just curious. Also, has anyone actually failed any of these combines?
                    Quaras Shadowscythe -- Bristlebane
                    Tailor (300)
                    Brewer (300)
                    Baker (300)
                    Jewelcrafter (297)
                    Potter (251)
                    Smith (251)
                    Fletcher (235)

Comment

1 velium bits + 1 vial of distilled mana in tannan forge = DNC

Veldin

Comment

Combine: Precious Garnet + Vial of Vampire Blood
                        Trivial: > 186
                        Trivial is also < 250
                        Went 1-1 on combine. Is this just a random drop in Mistmoore? I got mine in bazaar for 10pp, but I had slayed everything in the castle for 4 hours and never had one drop.

Combine: Shadewood Bow Staff + Whittling Blade
                        Trivial: > 200
                        Trivial is also < 250
                        Went 1-2 on combines. Whittling Blade consumed on success or failure.

The 'glue' is:

Incorporeal Bond
                        LORE ITEM NO DROP

Magelo ID 55280

Aeaas/Riscaan
                        Quellious Server
                        Aeaas Creel - Ranger | Bahlen - Shaman | Riscaan Elessidil - Wizard
                        Vis Maior - Quellious

Comment

JC combine is indeed Precious Garnet+Vial of Vampire Blood+Jar of Lacquer, combine not trivial at 200. Result is:

Blood-Lacquered Precious Garnet
                          LORE ITEM NO DROP

same graphic as Precious Garnet
                          Venerable Leysa::65 Storm Warden
                          250 Brewing, 250 Baking, 200 Fishing, 200 Fletching, 200 Pottery, 200 JC, 200 Smithing, 190 Tailoring, 200 Drunkard
                          Baroness Kyrkii Sa'Kyttn::60 Grave Lady
                          190 Brewing, 190 Baking, 165 Smithing, 148 Pottery, 131 Tailoring, 84 Fletching, 34 Fishing, 0 JC, 24 Drunkard

Comment

Actually, I tried with the lacquer, and it didn't work. Just the blood is needed. Unless, of course, the reciper is random or something. But I've never seen one of those.
                            Jaranna Lileath
                            Lady of the Flame
                            Daughters Nocturnae

Comment

When I tried Precious Garnet+Vial of Vampire Blood I got DNC in Planar Jeweller's Kit. When I added Jar of Lacquer it combined. Maybe different kits will accept different recipes?
                              Venerable Leysa::65 Storm Warden
                              250 Brewing, 250 Baking, 200 Fishing, 200 Fletching, 200 Pottery, 200 JC, 200 Smithing, 190 Tailoring, 200 Drunkard
                              Baroness Kyrkii Sa'Kyttn::60 Grave Lady
                              190 Brewing, 190 Baking, 165 Smithing, 148 Pottery, 131 Tailoring, 84 Fletching, 34 Fishing, 0 JC, 24 Drunkard

Comment

Working...
                              X