X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Life Recipe Thread

Let's stick this again, shall we? - Kehv

Just for grins, I figured I'd start up this thread which has nothing to do with EQ. The idea is to trade recipies for your favorite concoctions. I'll begin.

Crockpot Cinnamon Pork
    INGREDIENTS:
    2 lbs of boneless pork cut into 1/2" slices
    Quart of Apple Cider (hard or soft - doesn't matter)
    1/2 Cup honey
    4 cinnamon sticks

Put 2 cinnamon sticks in bottom of crockpot. Add half the pork. Add half the honey. Then add the rest of the pork and honey. Add cider until the pork is just covered. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

Serve over rice or noodles, or with potatoes. Serves 3 or 4 depending on appetite. Bon apetit!

Hmm - many good ones, but what's the best one?

Oh, dear - I'm really not good with measurements.

Chicken Marsala the simple way.

7 breasts, rinsed and dried off
    Flour
    Golden Mushroom soup - concentrate
    (Use mushroom soup mix and 1/4 the water or use a can or make mushroom soup and boil it down some )
    Onions, sliced
    Mushrooms, sliced - if the soup doesn't have enough
    Marsala (wine - available in local supermarkets)
    Pepper and salt
    (Garlic, minced - then again, I'm a garlic fanatic... somehow I can never get a date with the local vampires...)
    Noodles - I recommend fettucine or linguini
    Olive oil

Sprinkle flour over chicken breasts and cook in a saucepan with olive oil and onions until brown. Add mushrooms (garlic) and pepper (and salt if you must) continue cooking for 2 or 3 minutes, turning the meat. Add soup concentrate and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
    Serve over noodles.

Doomspark's Quick & Dirty Chili

INGREDIENTS:
    1 large jar of Salsa (Mild, Medium or Hot, depending on individual taste)
    1.5 lbs ground beef
    1 can of pinto beans
    One finely chopped bud of garlic

Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, and drain well.
    Add salsa and garlic, mixing well with the ground beef.
    Open can of beans, and drain. Add to beef mixture.
    Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes or so before serving

[color=DarkBlue] Black Forest cherry torte
    (Schwarzwälderkirschtorte)
    Cake Filling
    6 eggs 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1 cup sugar 1/3 cup butter
    1 stick butter 1 egg yolk
    1 cup flour 2 Tbsp Kirsch
    2/3 cup cocoa Topping
    1 tsp vanilla 2 cups cherries
    Sirup 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
    1/3 cup sirup
    (from canned cherries) 1 cup heavy cream
    8 oz chocolate

1/4 cup Kirsch 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla
    Glaze (optional)

3 Tbsp cherry sirup
    1 tsp cornstarch/arrowroot

Cake - Grease one deep 9 inch round cake pan or three 8 inch cake pans and line with parchment. Ensure butter is warm but not melted. Put butter in small bowl and beat until creamy. In large bowl beat eggs until thick and creamy. If needed set bowl over a pan of warm water. Sift flour, sugar, and cocoa together, fold into eggs, and add vanilla and butter. Fold in carefully. Pour batter into pan(s), and bake in preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes if using 3 shallow pans, 40 minutes if using one deep one. Cake should pull away from sides of pan. Cool some, then remove from pan to rack and cool at least 30 minutes if one deep pan, 10 minutes if three shallow ones.

Sirup - Mix 1/3 cup sirup drained from the cherries and 1/4 cup Kirsch

Filling - Beat butter and sugar until blended. Add egg yolk, beat until light and fluffy. Fold in Kirsch.

Topping - Whip cream, add 2 Tbsp sugar and vanilla to taste. Make curls from chocolate with a peeler.

Optional glaze - Add starch to sirup in small pan and heat to boiling while stirring, until clear.

If cake was baked in one deep pan, cut cake horizontally in three layers. Prick the cake layers and pour 1 Tbsp sirup mixture over each. Place one layer on plate and spread with a thin layer of filling. Dry cherries and place 3/4 cup evenly on filling. Place second layer on top of this, and repeat with filling and cherries. Place third layer on top, and spoon remaining Kirsch sirup over it. Cover top and sides of cake with topping. Place remaining cherries on top of cake. Press chocolate curls onto sides of the cake, and place some amongst the cherries on top. If glaze is desired, make as above, and brush or pour glaze over the cherries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be whipping one of these up for a friend's birthday this weekend. And I didn't even have to hunt brownies to do it!

N.B. The "Kirsch" mentioned in the recipe is short for Kirschwaßer, a German cherry brandy. So make sure to check I.D.'s of anyone you feed it to! (for US residents, anyway)

3-ingredient fudge

18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 and 1/2 bags)
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla

Place in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave on high for another minute. Stir.

Place in buttered 9"x9" or similar pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.** Cut into squares, but leave in the pan. Replace back in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.

**If you refrigerate it for more than an hour before cutting, it may be too hard to cut. This fudge is best served cold, so it does not get gooey until it hits your mouth.

Mmmmmmmm

Simple Enchilada Casserole

-- 5 chicken breasts (depending on your personal perference can use more or less)
    -- 1 large family size can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (condensed)
    -- 1 can condensed milk (unsweetened)
    -- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce
    -- Grated cheese (amount depends on your preferences, we use a medium block)
    -- Spices to taste (garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt)
    -- corn tortillas
    -- oil

Preheat your oven to 450. Boil chicken breasts until they are cooked, then shred them and add your spices to them. In a large bowl combine your spiced shredded chicken, condensed milk, and green chili enchilada sauce. Mix together. Fry the tortillas until they are cooked but not crunchy (soft taco style). Break the cooked tortillas into avg. size pices (not shredded). In casserole dish put one layer of shredded tortillas, then one layer of your chicken mixture, then one layer of cheese. Repeat layers until finished, your top layer should be cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly

Ok, you guys, I'm starving now...

Rick's "I love America" Chili Cheese Fries,
    or how to really impress your British boyfriend with meat and potatoes

Bake up frozen french fries to cover the cookie sheet. Brown 1 lb ground beef (add in whatever spices: cayenne, black pepper, a bit of salt, paprika, a tad of grand masala). Add one "big" can of meat and bean chili and simmer until fries are done.

On plate, put a nice covering of french fries, then spoon on chili to cover fries. Then smother in grated sharp cheddar cheese (we usually grate up a medium block)...then spoon on sour cream.

Hand plate and fresh bottle of beer to bf and go back to computer room to continue playing eq. =)

Chenier

When we are going to be online all day playing this is one of my husband's favorite dinners. Basically because he doesn't have to camp out of the game until its actually time to eat. And yes this dish can and has been eaten while hunting in DreadLands.

Low Fat EQ Day Chicken Stroganoff

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about a pound total)
    1 16 oz container FF Sour Cream
    1 can 98% FF Cream of Mushroom soup
    1 packet dry onion soup mix
    1 tsp garlic powder
    2 cups (or 1 large can) mushrooms
    2 1/2 cups dry NOYoke Egg Noodles

Directions:

Pam crock pot. Place chicken breast in bottom. Sprinkle with garlic powder and mushrooms. Mix sour cream, soup and dry onion soup packet together. Spread on top of items in crock pot. Go play EQ and let cook 7-9 hrs on low.

During a Med Break dice up the chicken, add 2.5 cups of dry noodles and mix it all together. Go back to playing EQ and let cook for another 1/2 hr on low.

I call it so cus I made the recpie in the states and won a cooking competition on my campus in Canada

2 lbs of ground beef
    2 cans of chili beans
    2 cans of WASHED kydnee beens
    2 cans of WASHED black beans
    1 can of whole tomatos
    1 large can of tomato sauce
    1 can tomato paste and a equal amount of water

Brown the meat
    and place in a crock pot for 8 to 10 hours
    season to taste during that time as well as stir it
    serves 7 to 10 people

Getting inspired by all these lovely recipes. (Yeah, I have a crockpot too and love it!)

I love to bake (both in RL and in EQ) so here's one of my baking favourites.

Easy Refrigerator Rolls

2 pkg. active dry yeast
    2 cups warm water
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup vegetable shortening
    1 egg
    2 tsp salt
    6 1/2 to 7 cups Flour

In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Ad sugar, shortening, egg, salt and half of the flour. Beat until smooth.

Mix in remaining flour with spoon or hand until dough is easy to handle. Place in greased bowl; turn once. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, cloth or foil. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. When dough rises, punch it down occasionally. Dough may be kept 3 to 4 days.

About 2 hours before baking, shape dough into desired rolls. Cover and let rise until double, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Heat oven to 400 degrees. bake rolls 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Cloverleaf Rolls: Form bits of dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place 3 balls each in greased muffin cup. Brush with butter

Quick Four Leaf Clover Rolls: Form dough into balls about 2 inches indiameter. Place each in greased muffin cup. With scissors, deeply score each ball of dough into quarters.

Butterhorns: Roll about 1/4 of dough at a time into a 12 inch circle, 1/4 inch thick. Spread with softened butter. cut into 16 wedges. Beginning at rounded edge, roll up. Place point down on greased baking sheet. Curve.

Picnic Buns: Roll about 1/4 of dough at a time into 7 1/2 inch square, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into nine 2 1/2 inch squares. Place on greased baking sheet.

Mom's Applesauce

8-10 large cooking apples
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 to 1 c sugar

Dice apples. Toss all ingredients into crockpot. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally if you're feeling ambitious.

Amazing on pancakes and waffles.

I usually use at most a 1/2 c sugar, because even then it's incredibly sweet. I've gotten away with putting no sugar in before and it's good that way too, just not quite as sweet.

Good apples for this: Melrose, Jonathon, Jonagold, Rome

Cookies and Cream
    a.k.a.
    Procrastinator's Potluck Solution

1 package Chip's Ahoy (or similar) chocolate chip cookies
    1 tub Cool Whip (or similar) whipped cream
    3? cups milk (approximately)
    1 Heath toffee bar (or similar), frozen and crushed

-Start with a 9x13" pan (glass, plastic, metal, whatever).

-Pour some of the milk into a bowl. Dip/dunk the cookies into the milk so that they are completely wet, even a little soft. (I usually just let all of the air bubbles escape.) Replentish the milk as neccessary.

-As you dunk each cookie, line the bottom of the pan with the milky cookies until it is covered. Then spread a layer of whipped cream over the cookie layer, enough to cover the cookies (or according to taste).

-Layer more milky cookies on top of the whipped cream, and then more cream on top of those.

-Repeat. (I usually get 3 or 4 full rolls of cookies into one pan, depending on its size.)

-Make sure that the last layer is one of whipped cream.

-Sprinkle the crushed candy bar (or cookie crumbs will do in a pinch, and they do not need to be frozen, just crushed) on the last layer of whipped cream, and refridgerate (a couple of hours is fine).

This recipe is especially nice for people that either have a bad habit of procrastinating or are very forgetful, like me. It is most fun to share this recipe because everyone will compliment you on it, but nobody knows how easy it is.

I find it is best for family gatherings and picnics and such, since if you are pressed for time, most of the ingredients can be had from a convinience-type store, or maybe even a gas station, and can be assembled fairly quickly. The most time taken in preparation is the refridgeration at the end, which can be done in a cooler or fridge while everyone eats the main meal (since it is a dessert).

Argh! Ok, finally found something really to be envious about towards Americans: In Finland, there's NO way to acquire chocolate chips, short of picking them out of cookies. They're NOT sold in shops. When people want something akin to chips, we take a cheese grater and some chocolate and get to work.

ObRecipe:

Some chicken breasts (WITH bone. Always with bone. The bone adds a lot of flavor to the meat while cooking. What is it with you boneless chicken people?) About 2 per eater will do nicely.
    Red wine (go with something South American, you can drink what you don't use for the marinade)
    A little ginger
    Some whole green peppers

Marinade the chicken breasts for about 4 hours in a marinade made of red wine, ginger and whole green peppers. A little garlic can be added if you're not currently dating someone who hates it.

Cook in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 45 minutes - 1 hour, half sunken in the marinade. Don't overdo this bit or the breasts will get dry.

Remove the bone (ta-daa! It comes off real easy from a cooked breast). Serve with rise (I personally love Basmati, but whatever works for you) and some Blue Cheese sauce (should be available ready-made in shops, so no recipe from me) or the cooked marinade as a sauce (you can thicken it up a little with some Maizena or similar if you want).

For dessert, I made an incredible discovery: Take your favorite Chocolate ice cream. Put a big pile of it on a plate. Dig a hole in it. Pour in about 4-5cc of Cloudberry Liqueur into the hole. Check the IDs of everybody who wants a plate. Dip spoonfulls of ice cream into the liqueur before applying to mouth. Yummy * 2 indeed does make double yummy!

Ok got to get my 2cp in on this one.

Dirt in the Pudding.
    1 16oz bag of oreos Crushed
    1 large or 2 small box's of Vanella pudding
    1 9 x 13 x 4 dish. (or close to that)
    1 large tub of cool whip room temp.

wash and dry container.

Mix pudding seperat bowl. from the pan being used.

Crush oreos into a bowl, Now take about half of the oreo's and line the bottom of the container with them try and cover compleatly if you can.

Pour semi-set up pudding onto oreo base.

Cover the pudding imeadtly or when it's about thick enough to hold a larger peice of the oreos with out it sinking too much, about 1/2 the way into the pudding with it's own weight. Use most of the reaming oreo's but do cover the pudding compleatly. Hopefully you will some left over if not no worries.

Now cover the oreo's with the whip cream. Cover with lid or serane rap, Chill for 1 hour or more in fridge, Dish out with spoon or spatchula, enjoy.

For thouse amoung us that are Choco-holics (I plead the fifth on that one)
    Replace the vanellia pudding with baseic chocolate pudding not the fudge pudding, or the devil's food pudding.
    Also replace the white Cool Whip with the Chocolate Cool Whip. for the chocloate lovers dream semi-low fat desert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cream of mushroom simmered chicken/pork/steak

16oz (or how ever much meat you think you'll need for the number of people eating) of chicken (boneless), Pork chops, or your favorite pan fry cut of beef.
    1 or 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, non-low fat it just don't taste right other wise.
    1 stick of butter or some kind of oil for frying the meat with in the pan and to put in rice.
    1-x serving of white rice.

Take and heat one Large frying pan/skellit (must be at least 2 inch deep to hold soup) on the stove over medium heat till hot, add oil/butter.
    With chicken and pork, cook till allmost done.
    With steak cook till about half way to your prefured cooking lvl of steak.
    Mix in seperat bowl the soup with milk, (whole milk if you have it)
    reduce heat to low on stove. let pan cool a little so you don't burn the soup when adding it.
    add soup to pan, simmer till soup has reduced to 1/2 consistancy in pan.
    Note you will need to stir to keep soup from burning, and all also move the meat around in the pan to cover well and cook evenly.

While the soup is reduceing in pan take 1 3 qrt microwave safe bowl.
    add x number serving of rice, fill with water till covered to just over the top with water.
    Add butter, recomend 1 Tlbs of it for bull flavor. add pinch of salt.
    Nuke on high for 6 min per serving, (thats in a 1000 watt nuker at 3500 feet above sea lvl, adjust accrodingly for your nuker and elvotion.)

Place a covering of rice on plate, put meat on the rice cover with reduced mushroom sauce.
    Fresh made bread with butter is great with this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honey musterd type sauce.

Now with this recipe it may or may not work, I have yet to get a reliblae recipe for it. so try at own risk. My freinds and family love it.

Mirical whip saldressing, or mayo
    Greypupon Dejoin Mustard
    Yellow mustared,
    Honey
    Salt and pepper,
    Lemon juice,

Mix in a 6 to 8 oz bowl

Smoth mayo(mix in container to make smoth) aprx, 1/2 cup mayo this may be a little much
    1 1/2 spoon full of Dejoin
    add just a little less of yellow mustared then dejoin

Mix throughly and till smoth. try a small amount, and add Dejoin or yellow mustared to get a slightly tangy taste, (balenced mustared flavors if you can is best)

Add about 1 Tbls spoon of honey to mix, Stir thougly till fully mixed, note this will darken the mix to rich golden color.
    try sauce and more honey to keep the slightly tangy but sweet taste to it.
    Now cup your palm (witch ever hand is smaller is prefured) and fill the center of your palm with salt, aprox, 1/8 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, but baseicly to taste.

Add aprox 1 spoon full of lemon juice, little less or little more depenoing on your taste to get that last zip added to it.

The reason for the inablity to make a reilby recipe is I make this by eye only, a little of this a tad of that, and pinch of this is how I made it made. I've wanted to get a recipe for it cause I've had owner of resurants want to buy it from me. hehehe.

This dip/sauce gose good on chicken and pork as a simmer sauce, and a dipping sauce for chicken, steak strips, and chesse frys.
    Gose really well on tabasco seared chicken.

Enjoy and if someone make the Honey mustared sauce pls give reviwes on it. and I'll alter the recipe if I need to

Raspberry Jello Pie

2 packages of raspberry instant Jello
    1 premade 9" graham-cracker crust
    1/2 pint of fresh raspberries (washed)
    Whipped Cream (optional)

Mix up Jello (following instructions on the box) and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes until it begins to thicken.

Pour a third of the thickened jello into the pie crust.
    Add the raspberries, spreading them out evenly.
    Cover with the rest of the Jello and refrigerate for 4 hours.
    Add whipped cream, and serve.

Wine simmered Salmon; (this is for one serveing)
    1 8-ounce Salmon fillet, fresh non-frozen
    1/4 cup white cooking wine or what ever you can get for the recipe.
    1/8 or less stick of butter
    1 tbsp of parsly, diced
    3 lemon quarters
    salt and pepper
    Pan size big enough to hold salmon fillet and move around a bit, but not to big. proly and 8 inch or 19cm pan will do for a 8-ounce fillet. (i think)
    Turn Stove to med high
    Heat pan to temp
    Add butter and cover the enitre bottom of the pan with it.
    Add salt and pepper to taste, to salmon while pan heats both sides of felit.
    Lay the salmon into the pan and move around and flip once or twice to soak up the butter.
    Add wine to pan if 1/4 cup not enough then add a bit more to get about 1/4 inch deep in the pan.
    simmer for five minutes each side
    Add a pinch of parsly to top side, while simmering each side of the feilt
    contunie to simmer till cooked throughly
    put on plate and enjoy, add a pinch of parsly to finshed product for color and flavor.
    Serve with fryed tatters. that can be made while making salmon in the same pan.

red wine duck legs

Here's a Quick one (well quick to prepare, so you can get back to the game)

2 ducks legs and thighs
    1 onion
    1 bottle of red wine
    salt and Pepper (the little black ones the size of ballbarings that are often ground up and you get in the shaker next to the salt )
    water

Put the duck legs an thighs in a casserole dish with a cover. pour 1/2 bottle of red wine.
    slice the onion finely but not chopped.
    add a little salt and pepper (see above description for definition of pepper )

pour on enough water to cover the legs.

cover with casserole dish lid and place in oven at 175 C proberly about 2 3rds heat on most ovens.
    cook for 2 1/2 hours turning every 1/2 hour to ensure that the wine gets to all of the duck. If the level of the liquid drops too low ad more wine.

Drink the rest of the wine.

be prepared to spoon off large amounts of oil or fat from the top of the dish as duck is very fatty but tastes divine.

time and motion study

cooking time 2 1/2 hours
    playing time 2 1/4 hours
    "but honey i've spent hours on cooking this, i only just logged on"

Peppers. In the uk we have
    Peppers Large, green, orange red and yellow. Also know as bell peppers and are good for stuffing with rice dishes.

Peppers hot, these come in a variety of sizes but are mostly tapered, that is they are long and pointy at one end. you can get a varity of hot peppers that are round and about the size of cherries, warning these are very hot and you should not trust your wife when you come across them for the 1st time as she will say that they are very sweet and tasty.

pepper (note the lack of s )The ball baring type also comes in white black and green but black appears to be most common.
    also know as peppercorn. often used crushed on steaks and soups and is an essential piece of kitchen equipment.
    Note the size of the pepper mill is not important, they only use the really big ones to make up for other lacks or to make people think that they are well equipped (in the kitchen of course goodness your minds)

Ok here goes.
    1 can chillie with beans
    1 can pork and beans.
    combine both in blender until they are in paste form dont add water. transfer mixture to pot and heat untill bubbling.
    transfer to a bowl and top with cheddar cheese and serve with your favorite potato chip.
    Warning this is one of my special dishes. I call it the gaslight special because if you dont have a cast iron digestive system its almost garunteed to make you produce gas.
    er ps its also mildly addictive despite the side effects.

Calico Beans

Needs:

1 pound bacon
    1 pound course ground hamburger
    1 pound hamburger
    1 16 oz can butter beans
    2 16 oz can of pork and beans
    1 16 oz can of kidney beans
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 med onion chopped

Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry up in a pan.

Empty out grease, but do not scrape pan and fry up hamburger, repeat with course ground hamburger.

Dump everything into a crockpot and simmer for 4 hours minimum. Add water if needed to keep it as similar consistency to pork and beans. Spice up as desired with salt or pepper. Can be livened up with tobasco sauce also.

OK, now that I've read this thread finaly I'll add my own heheh

Cheese Dreams (breakfast)

heat up the stove top to medium heat

Take two egg yolks, a teaspoon of cinnimin and a dollop of honey and mix well by any method, I find the blender very effective.
    Add two cups of milk (whole or skim, makes no difference) and mix in a blender (the stand up deals with the blades in the bottom that can be detatched as a pitcher)
    simply mix until the mixture is well combined, ne specifics, preferably the cinimin should not be very visable.

pour a portion into a saucer, top should be foamy.

take two slices of bread and dip them into the mixture one at a time, make sure both sides are covered, then place on the buttered or sprayed pancake pan.

Cook one side untill done, then flip and place one slice of either American or chedder cheese (chedder provides a nice bite) on both cokked sides as the bottoms cook. when done, put them together like a sandwich.

You may then top as you wish, I find heated maple syrup and butter excelent

sugar death cookies

Ingredients

1/2c. butter
    1c. milk
    4c. sugar
    1 1/2c. peanut butter
    4 1/2c "Quick" oatmeal
    8 Tbsp. cocoa
    2 tsp. vanilla

melt butter milk and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. boil for two minutes. remove from heat and quickly and peanut butter, oatmeal, cocoa, and vanilla. stir well, and drop in desired quanitities on wax paper, leave to cool.

very addictave, this will make around 40 cookies. as mention you must add quickly or it won't set right and then you will have a lot of ice cream topping.

Maddenus: If it tastes like crap, they've been canning the wrong bits of tuna...

Another recipe of mine:
    (btw, I usually cook for my roomies, too, so some of these recipes might appear a tad large. Just adjust as neccessary. Also, all the amounts are approximations: Go up and down as you feel)

Blue Spaghetti Sauce

500gr of ground beef
    200gr of bacon
    150gr of salami or similar sausage
    200gr of blue cheese
    green olives (with red pepper filling, if you want)
    2 cans crushed tomatoes
    Garlic, pepper, oregano

Cut the bacon into strips, and cut the salami into pieces. Fry all the meats with the spices. Pour out excess grease (or don't, but this'll be _really_ greasy). Add crushed tomatoes and olives. Cut up the blue cheese (helps it to melt better), then toss it in. Now wait. And wait. And wait... The longer you can let this bubble away on low heat, the better the tastes mix.

Serve with pasta and some white bread.

Alright, I have a few of my own to add...

Mexican Chicken Cassarole (med break meal)

please keep in mind i cook for 4 people.. and we tend to eat all of this in one sitting.. adjust as you see necessary

2 medium sized can's of canned chicken
    2 cans cream of mushroom or chicked soup (condensed)
    2 medium sized packages of shredded cheese
    2 cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies
    1 bag tostito's type corn chips (NOT frito's type)

Pre-heat oven to 375. Get a large, ungreased casarole dish. set aside. get a big big bowl. drain chicken, throw in bowl. put both cans of soup in with it. add tomatoes, put in 1.5 bags of cheese. mix well (Yes, it looks nasty right now, show me a cassarole that doesn't)

crush chips. put a layer of crushed chips on the bottom of the cassarole dish. pour big bowl o' stuff in and spread it around. put another layer of crushed chips on top. put rest of cheese on top. lightly sprinkle more crushed chips over cheese. put in oven

bake an hour

---------------------------------------------------------

Quick and Sleezy Chile

this is best done with a partner.. makes it go faster

2 pounds hamburger
    2 bell peppers, pick a color
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans diced/stewed tomatoes
    1 med. onion, 2 if you really like onions
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 package of your favorite chile seasoning

brown hamburger in a skillit, while your partner hacks up the bell peppers and onions. do NOT drain hamburger. add onions and bell peppers, salt and pepper to taste. follow directions on your seasoning packet (some you add water, others you add tomatoes.. just do what it says) dump beans, meat with peppers and onions and tomatoes into a large pot. cook until uniform temp (10-20 minutes average)

serve with frito's or in a bowl alone or with crackers

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spaghetti ala pizza hut

i love the pasta bakes.. but i see no reason to pay that much for one.. so we make similar at home

spaghetti noodles (i use rotini myself)
    ground sausage
    bell peppers
    onion
    spagheti sauce (or pizza sauce, whatever floats your boat)
    hamburger
    mushrooms
    shredded cheese

cook noodles. drain, put back in pot.

do the following as the noodles cook.

brown hamburger and sausage. while this is browning, cut up onions and bell peppers. drain SOME of the meat. not all of the grease. add onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. cook until cooked thru. add spaghetti sauce. cook until all is heated. pour over your noodles. stir well, turn heat on low to bring it all to a uniform temp

serve in a bowl or on a plate, sprinkle as much or as little cheese on the top as you want

1 small or med red onion minced fine
    1/2 small or med red or yellow onion minced fine
    1red bell pepper (on the large side) minced fine
    1 green pepper med size minced fine
    1-1/2 bunch fresh cilantro minced
    1-2 7 3/4 ounce cans El Pato brand tomato sauce (mexican hot style)
    lots and lots of lime juice about 8 or so fresh squeezed more or less according to taste
    i like to use hunt canned hole tomatoes and remove the seeds and mince them i use about 6 cans or more depending on the amount of salsa i want (rem taste and quantity is key here !) remove the seeds and dice those babies up or if ya lazy buy some of the finely miced canned tomatoes but i find removinng the seeds takes away some bitterness
    salt to taste
    fresh garlic to taste ( if desired)

toss it all together get some corona and some chips make some fajitas and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm YUM =)

1 large bag of frozen cubed breakfast potatoes
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    3/4 c. to 1c. water (as noted on the taco seasoning packet)
    oil for frying

Put bag of potatoes and oil in a large soup pot and cook until soft. Add packet of taco seasoning and water in pot and stir until all the potatoes are covered and cook until all the water is gone. Serve as a side dish to your favorite egg dish.

my turn my turn my turn

Party time.

Hotwings.

Hard to find some of the stuff in the west/southwest US but here goes.

2 packages of chicken wing parts
    2 packages of drummettes
    3-10 tbsp of tobasco (depends on strength of will mine is at 5)
    half cup brown sugar
    small can of tomato paste
    reg size can of tomato sauce (not tomato juice)
    1 16-20 oz can/bottle of beer your pref is fine as long as it isn't hard ciders
    1tbsp chilipowder
    half cup vinegar
    1 extra large 6 quart crockpot

mix well everything but the chicken parts
    put chicken parts in crockpot
    add mixture
    cover let go on high for 2.5 - 4 hours (extremely careful NOT to overfcook for meat will drop off the bones and then you have hot mess not hotwings)

HotWing Dip

16 oz sourcream
    blue cheese crumbles
    packet of ranch dressing mix powder

mix then chill

Tato Plates

4-8 large brown potatoes scrubbed baked for 30 mins at 350
    prefered cheese(s) GRATED I like pepperjack, cheddar, and Mozz mix
    Bacon bits or fresh bacon fried crisp and crumbled
    chives
    1 med onion FINELY diced
    1 small can green chili NOT JALEPENO PEPPERS OR BELL PEPPERS
    crushed garlic or garlic powder

cut the potatoes lengthwise in three pieces
    cut the inside potato even with sides of peelings (save it theres more)
    sprinkle with garlic powder or add fresh crushed garlic onions green chili bacon bits and cheese
    put on baking dish and bake at 350 for 5-15 mins or till cheese is well melted
    serve with a side of sourcream and or salsa

Garlic Potato Mash

Take potato innards from Tato Plates and mix with fresh crushed garlic or garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste
    Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of milk
    1/2 stick of butter
    beat with hand beater till well mashed
    add small amount of cheese on top

Silum mix

Carrots
    Celery
    Bell peppers
    Cucumbers
    Apples
    Pears
    Assorted melons
    Can of mixed nuts

slice everything but nuts into finger size morsels big enough to be bite size but small enough to discourage doubel dipping
    have at least three bowls of dip ready 1) Ranch and 2) onion dip for veggies and 3) caramel or whip cream for apples/pears

now done with fruits nuts and veggies

ok bad joke but it's 4 am here and I am still up

Desert last

(always hardest with picky people)

Apples figure 2/3 apple - 1 apple per guest (we will figure for 5 total)

in a sauce pan mix 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup Karo syrup 1 stick butter 1tbsp cinnamon have it on low till butter melts and mixed thuroughly
    Slice apples into 8 slices and each slice into 3 (roughly)
    put in skillet with Pam or butter till slightly tender
    Add syrup mix and stir on medlow till well mixed and apples are more tender.

In chilled bowls crumble 1 - 2 large graham crackers finely and pour apple mix over then top with vanilla ice cream or whipcream topping

Whallaa you made a party that most can't say no to

Lets not forget the poor lonely batchlor types here.
    Hobo Calzone,
    Get your self
    Some Pizza sauce, prego pasta works as an alturnitive,
    tortila's
    peporrunie or some other fully cooked meat thats thinly cut.
    chease.
    aluminum foil. (optional)
    toster oven. (them little under the cubord type.)

Take one of the tortilla's warm for 5 secs in nuker so when you fold it it don't break.
    Get your self some foil, enough to wrap the tortilla and roll edges,
    Now take and put on half of the tortila,
    Sauce cover thinly to avid spillage when eating.
    put on chease, meat, fold tortilal over place in toaster over set of 400, leave for five minutes.
    take out eat and enjoy.

If no toaster over avible you can use a stove with a non-stick frying pan, turn stove to HI, let pan heat fully while preping the hobo calzone. Set gently in pan preferubly wraped in foil, two min a side turning every 30 secs to avoid burn age.

You'll ruin your frying pan putting a foil wrapped tortilla in on the teflon.
    Here's a couple "Ramen Chef" meals
    Fried Ramen Chicken
    1 package dry ramen, with seasoning
    1 chicken breast, cooked
    OR
    1/2 package precooked chicken

Boil ramen 2-3 minutes or until tender, strain, dump in frying pan. Sprinkle seasoning packet onto ramen, fold togetheruntil noodles are well-seasoned. Add chicken, place on hot burner 4-5 or MED. Stir while cooking, serve when it smells good.
    1 serving.
    (optional adds: Chopped carrots, zuchini, mushrooms *ugh*, waterchessnuts, shrimp, etc)

Ramen Chef's Salad
    1 head of letuce
    3 large carrots
    1 small onion OR 3-4 green onions
    1 cup cheese, grated
    2-3 stalks of celery
    2 pacages dry ramen
    salad dressing

Chop carrots, onions, celery, and letuce, toss in bowl. crumble ramen noddles on top of salad, add cheese and salad dressing.
    3-4 servings

Egg Drop Ramen
    1 large egg
    1 package dry ramen

Cook ramen according to direction on package. Scramble egg. Return soup to heat, adding egg slowly.
    1 serving
    -----------
    Pasta in creamy chicken sauce
    2 servings dry pasta
    1 can condensed chicken soup
    2 large chicken breasts, cooked
    1/2 cup milk

Chop chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes. Mix milk, condensed soup, and chicken in small saucepan, cook on medium heat 3-4 minutes, set to simmer on low heat. Cook pasta until tender. Serve onto plates and add sauce, or mix with sauce in pan and serve. Mighty tasty.
    2 servings.

Ok, good stuffs:

This makes the greatest cheesecake ever. From what I can figure, this is technically a "french" cheesecake. Fans of the really thick & heavy NY style cheesecake will notice that this is MUCH lighter and creamier -- and ooooh so tasty.

CHEESECAKE

1 3/4 c sugar (1 1/2 + 1/4)
    2 c graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 c + 1 T butter
    4 eggs
    3 (8-oz pkg) cream cheese
    1 1/2 t vanilla
    1 1/2 pints sour cream

Bring cream cheese to room temp. (If you're in a hurry and realize that the beaters are getting too stuck in the cream cheese, microwave the cream cheese for 10-15 seconds at a time to soften it a little).
    Melt butter (can nuke this too).

Coat the bottom & sides of a spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease.
    Wrap a sheet of aluminum foil around the outside of pan to prevent leaking. (First time I made this, it leaked, and every fire alarm in the house went off /grin)

Combine 1/4 c sugar, graham cracker crumbs, & butter.
    Press into bottom & sides of pan to form crust. This mixture will seem dry, but do NOT add more butter.

Combine cream cheese with 1 1/2 c sugar; beat well.
    Add vanilla.
    Beat in 4 eggs (one at a time)
    Fold in sour cream.
    Pour into pan.

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Follow directions & no peeking!
    Bake cheesecake for 50 min.
    Turn off oven & let stand in oven for 2 hrs without opening door.
    Remove from oven; let stand at room temp. for 1 hr; refrigerate until cold.

8+ servings

Pot-Roast in Foil

4 lb beef chuck pot roast
    1 env. (about 1 1/2 oz) dry onion soup mix
    1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup

Place 30x18" piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil in baking pan, 13x9x2"; place meat on foil.
    Spread soup over meat and sprinkle soup mix over the top.
    Fold foil over meat & seal securely (make a sort of tent).
    Cook in 300° F oven for 4 hrs.

Servings: 8 - 10

Beer braised steak... ...well my version of it at least.

1-2 bottles/cans of your choice of beer.
    1/4 small onion finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic very finely chopped
    1/4 cup vinegar or lemonjuice
    tobasco/soy/worstershire (sp)/teriyaki any one of them is good

mix all but the choice of sauce in a LARGE sealable tupperware bowl.
    add 2-4 medium steaks
    stick in the fridge and forget for 30 hours at least
    flip steaks and forget again for 30 hours at least
    add your choice of sauce (in appropriate commodities for taste) to the mix and forget for 12 hours or so
    removes steaks from container and juices
    insert steaks into a well heated grill/oven/broiler and grill to your liking

If done right will produce a steak that can just about be cut with a spoon and I am not kidding.

Messy Mayhem (bbq chicken)

assorted chicken parts (breasts thighs wings whatever your fam likes)
    1 small can tomato paste
    1/2 can tomato juice
    1-2 tsp smoke flavoring
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 cup wine (red and white give the sauce different flavors I use red more often)
    chili powder
    tobasco if you like spicy I don't use it in this recipe
    1 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp ground cloves
    mix all but the chicken in a sauce pan on the stove at medium till mixed thuroughly and let raise almost to a boil
    to make thicker use less wine
    lay chicken on foil with slits in it on bbq grill
    baste heavily and cook chicken thuroughly
    continue to baste while turning chicken
    when done serve with plenty of napkins

Sweet Shishcabobs

2 large sweet potatos cut into large pieces
    bag of large marshmallows
    1/2 stick of butter
    lots of toothpicks

in a buttered large baking dish or large cookie sheet spread the pieces of sweet potato in 1 layer
    and bake till almost tender at 375
    put a marshmallow on top of each piece of sweet potato
    continue to bake till marshmallows are melted over each piece
    let cool for 5-10 mins then stab em and slab em and put em on the table

Comfy Country Pigs

either a can of ready made buttermilk biscuits or bicuit mix
    half size hot dawgs or cocktail sausages
    butter or can of pam
    slice cheese of your choice

I used can of ready made biscuits tear each one in half and roll it with a pin till flat and a bit thinner
    wrap a lil smokey sausage in a piece of cheese and lay in the middle of thin half biscuit
    fold the bicuit over the sausage n cheese as if trying to hide it
    place on buttered or pammed baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10-13 mins till biscuit is done
    let cool
    let the kids go HOG wild

Ok one more cuz I be getting hungry

Bachelor Bbq Sandwiches

bread of your choice (rolls, french, homemade, sliced don't matter)
    1 large chuck roast
    2 bottles of your fave bbq sauce or the stuff I made for chicken

cut roast into large chunks
    in a large crockpot pour in the bbq sauce and the roast let cook for 4-7 hours or till you can pull it apart easily into smaller chunks
    pull it apart into smaller chunks
    let cook on low for about half hour longer and then serve on bread

Bar-B-Que'd Sausages
    (Adjust proportions according to need & seasonings to taste)

3 to 4 Lbs. (1.5 to 2 Kg) of your favorite link sausage
    Sweet Italian works best that I have found.

4 Tbs minced roast garlic
    2 C Dark brown sugar
    2 C Tomato Paste
    1/2 C finely minced red onion
    2 minced Jalapenos (Cayenne / Habenero / patins) can be
    substituted.
    1 t paprika
    1 t oregano (fresh if possible)
    Dash of salt
    Dash of course black pepper

Mix sauce ingredients in medium sauce pan and heat until steam rises, add 2 cups water and stir well, cover and simmer until reduced by 2/3. (Stir as needed, do not boil)
    Remove from heat when reduction is completed.

Brush sauce lightly over sausages and cook slowly over charcoal if possible in 350 degree oven if no grill available.
    Occasionally brush lightly with sauce until a good carmel crust is formed on sausage, then serve with potato rolls.

Number 2 is a little more involved

Grape stuffed turkey breast with raspberry sauce

3 lb turkey breast, boneless and skinless
    1 lb seedless white grapes
    2 10oz cans red raspberries (fresh or frozen may be used,
    fresh is best if available.. same amounts)

Prepare turkey by soaking in cold water for approximately 2 hours to firm meat, and insure is bloodless.
    Open breast either from end or across top bulge, whichever is preferred, and stuff with grapes, making sure no stems are put in meat. If opened across top, close cut with toothpicks or cooking twine, and place breast in foil lined roasting or baking pan.
    Roast at 350 for approximately 2.5 hours, then smother breast with raspberries and continue to roast for 1 additional hour.
    When ready, a reddish crust should have formed across breast and bottom of foil.
    Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for slicing.

Slice and serve with a pasta and mushroom salad, grilled carrots and potatoes, and a soft white wine.

Hope that teases some of you

Black pepper Sort Peber(pebar/pepar)
    Green whole peppercorn Gron peber/pebar/pepar
    Green/yellow bell pepper Gron/gul paprikum!
    Paprika (powder) Paprikan pulver

My favourite bar none! recipe for cake

Fruit cake (don't let this put you off, it's nothing LIKE fruit cake)

Sift together:
    2cups flour
    2cups sugar (caster/granulated)
    2teaspoons soda (baking soda)

add 2 eggs

Mix on low speed until like pie dough & add 1 cup chopped nuts (I love pecans or walnuts) & 1 6 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice from the can. Put into 10 x 13 greased and floured pan.
    Bake at 350F 30-35 minutes.

Cream cheese Icing
    1 8 oz package of cream cheese
    1 4 oz stick of butter/margarine
    2c confectioner's sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together, spread on cooled cake.

This is obviously ultra simple and unbelievably delicious.

If you need a euro translation of amounts/cooking temps, message me and I'll send it... (icq 76384881, email [email protected])

My turn!

INGREDIENTS:

Cookie:
    1 cup, butter (softened)
    1 package, instant chocolate pudding
    1 egg
    2 cups, flour
    1/2 cup, sugar (the sugar does not go in the mix!)

Filling:
    any kind of jam you like or use maraschino cherries

Topping:
    3 tbsp, butter
    2-3 squares, semi-sweet chocolate or some melted chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

- cream butter and pudding mix together
    - beat egg and add to mixture
    - mix in flour
    - roll mixture into balls
    - roll balls in sugar
    - place on lightly greased baking sheet and make a thumbprint in balls (for the filling)
    - bake at 325 F for 15 to 20 minutes
    - let cool and place filling in centers
    - melt squares of chocolate and butter together and drizzle over cookies
    - let topping cool and then eat 'em up!

Makes approximately 3 dozen, depending on the size of ball you roll

Crock pot
    Pot roast
    1- can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
    1- packet of dry Onion Soup mix
    TONS of mushrooms

Put roast in crock pot. Mix the 2 soups together. Cover the roast. Cover that with mushrooms. The more the better
    Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.

I do NOT advise being in the house when making this the smell will drive you crazy with hunger

Feeds 3

4 cans boneless salmon (tuna fish sized cans, not the tall ones with the bones)
    tube of Ritz crackers (you can use others, but I hate salt and that will affect the taste)
    2 eggs
    Lemon Pepper

Get a large frypan and drizzle some olive oil in it, just below medium heat.

Drain the cans of salmon (save water it if you've cats.. they love it!) into a bowl, crumble the salmon in the bowl, can by can, just to make it easier.

Take tube of Ritz, crush them in your hands and drop in bowl.

Mix lightly.

Add in eggs. Try not to over mix, this will be slightly wet, but not doughish, by any means.

Add in Lemon Pepper to taste (I start with a good tablespoon)

Form into patties, the think kind (finger depth), about the size of your palm, you should have enough for six patties.

About 3-5 minutes a side, they'll turn golden brown... They WILL break apart easily! But they are flippable.

Enjoy!

Best recipe for raid's EVER!! Takes 10 minutes to make/prep etc.

Crabby Alfredo:

Ingrediants:

1)Jar of Alfredo Sauce (find it in the spaghetti section of grocery store)

2)One package of Old Bay Seafood seasonings (package is found near fresh seafood at my market, its biggish a little bigger then a plastic sandwich bag and about as thick.

3) 1 package of Egg Noodles, enough to cook 4 cups worth of noodles.

4) If you are poor like me, 1 package of imitation crab meat (its just fish that takes like crab and its good :P) or if you are rich and finicky, use real lump crab meat.

Cook the Egg Noodles according to directions on package.

Chop up the crabmeat into manageable bite size pieces.

Pour jar of alfredo into a saucepan and cook on med low stirring the sauce pretty briskly so as not to singe/burn it. Add package of the Old Bay Seafood seasonings to the saucepan and stir it in well. When sauce has become warmed pretty well through add crab meat. Cook for about 5 minutes more. Serve the sauce over the noodles. This is good hot and cold and reheats in a microwave just fine.

Oooooh I like how this is going. Raid recipes.

Num num.

Raid Wraps

Chicken or steak grilled lightly then sliced into strips and pan cooked to doneness or lazy like me go get the pre cooked strips from grocer.

2 cups sliced bell pepper (all three colors for perty)
    half cup mushrooms sliced
    half cup to 1 cup sliced onions
    10-15 totillas
    garlic 2 cloves crushed
    tobasco (I know I love it too much to leave out)
    2-3 tbsp olive oil or pam for skillet
    cheese (cheddar and pepperjack shredded and mixed loosely)
    favorite guacamole (I buy mine from Costco and it's preseasoned)
    sourcream

ok first park char close to raid site about 30-40 mins prior to start of raid them either go afk or camp till done

in skillet throw in crushed garlic onion slices over med heat and let onions get good and soft add meat and mushrooms for about 5 mins then bell pepper and tobasco cook till all are soft and meat is hot

ok here is where I like to make it easy to serve so you can concentrate on killing at raid

I throw cheese on while still in skill and on med low and let cheese melt while mixing then put in bowl
    warm tortillas for 15 sec each in microwave and put in a covered dish to keep somewhat warm
    ok now you have your bowl of mixins, bowl with sourcream and guacamole and your tortillas

on each tortilla heap mixins and sour cream and guac and enjoy

Camp Casserole

I make this in a small casserole dish so you may need to vary your ingredients a tad.

small 8x8 casserole dish
    about 1-2 cups of cooked soft egg noodles
    precooked bacon
    greenbeans
    chicken boiled fried baked broiled doesn't matter
    cream of chicken soup
    mushrooms
    chunks of potato boiled till almost soft
    carrots corn and peas are optional

almost everything is precooked so mix everything in a pan or bowl loosely
    pour into casserole dish put bacon on top and cover put in over at 350 for 25-30 mins
    uncover for 5 letting sit on stove

serves 6-8 large helpings

Raid Refreshers.

Simple but tasty
    Sprite or 7up
    maracino cherries with juice
    pineapple juice
    1 lemon sliced and seeded
    1 lime sliced and seeded
    orange juice

16 ounce glass fill 3/4 (about 12 ounces) way with sprite or seven up add pineapple and orange juice till glass is almost full add 2 tsp marachino cherry juice and a few cherries squeeze lemon and lime in and scream "ADD INC" when you drop lemon and lime slice in stir gently and serve. Add little umbrellas if you have em.

Sloppy sweet soup for kiddies

Chocolate pudding (sugarfree is fine)
    small amounts of
    coconut shredded
    nuts of their fave type
    choc chips
    marchmallows

mix all the above and chill. Serve

Power Punch

Sprite or 7up
    lemon/lime sherbert
    orange sherbert
    pineapple slices or chunks with small amount of juice
    maricino cherries in juice

Peel sherbert out of containers in large chunks put in bowl
    pour cherries with juice and pineapple chunks with juice over sherbert
    pour in sprite or 7up and stir lightly

serve

Ok...I've been lurking and learning on this board for ages, so I though I'd share my yummy slow cooker soup recipe:

* 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
    * 2 serrano chilies. chop the stems off
    * 2 or 3 garlic cloves
    * medium onion, chopped into quarters
    * bunch of fresh cilantro - discard the stems & use the leafy part only
    * 2-3 roasted Anahiem or Pablano chilies (or a can of them)

Pop all the above into a blender. Whirl until it is a smooth consistancy.

* two or three potatoes, chunked (I leave the skin on)

Put the diced potatoes into the crock pot & then the chili stuff. Add broth (I use vegetable) to fill up the crock pot within an inch or two of the top. Cook 6-7 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.

These days we fill a bowl half way with rice and then pour the soup on top. Garnish with a dash of sour cream, some chopped avacado and a sprinkle of sharp cheddar.

This soup is even better after reheating it a time or two

I have a few good beef jerky recipes (Thanks Ma)

Ok have two ways to make it one is in dehydrater. One is in oven at 250 haven't done this one so I rely on dehydrater.

Now I have tasted turkey, chicken, fish, buffalo, beef, snake and deer jerky and all taste good with these recipes.

need losta your fave meat sliced about 1/4 inch thich and in strips to accomodate the size of your dehydrater.

Teriyaki

need to soak your meat for a couple hours in a mix of 2-3 cups terkiyaki sauce
    little brown sugar (to taste)
    tiny bit of vinegar (about 1/4 cup)

put in dehydrater and "cook" to your liking

Football

3 tablespoons of your fave smoke flavor (ie Mesquite)
    3-4 12 ounce beers choose your fave
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1 tablespoon of tobasco
    (optional) shot of whiskey instead of smoke

put in dehydrater and "cook" to your liking

Mild - Hot

1 can beer you fave brand
    1-8 tablespoons tobasco
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 - 2 tablespoons cayen pepper
    1 tablespoon ground chili with seeds (for extra heat)

after the soak and laying on racks sprinkle more cayen and ground chili with seeds for the extra kick in the gut (also optional)

Cutmouth (recreation of what you hear about in the western/dark ages fantasy type books)

1-2 tablespoons of smoke
    salt (varies on taste)
    some garlic powder
    can soak in anything from vinegar to water

warning this was used to preserve more than for salt replacement and the stuff will be tough as boot leather and taste like ogre hide. A friend made this once and it was the most horrid stuff I had ever tasted EVER. But being the warped person I am I asked for more.

I can make salt sores in mouth if enough is consumed and your jaw will hurt for a few days (stuffs so tough it took a cannon blast and called it a flesh wound).

All I gots.

Winden Wigglebelly's Rice cake delight's!

1 rice cake
    1 slice of american cheese

Place square of american cheese in the center of the rice cake. Place your rice cake on a microwave safe plate (I do not recommend a paper towel for the cheese will stick to it). Microwave for 10 - 20 seconds (depending on how potent your Microwave is) until cheese is just melted.

Enjoy!!! Be careful as they are very hot when removed. You can be as creative as you like with toppings and different cheeses. It does not get any more simple

Mini Pizzas!

1 can biscuits
    1 jar spaghetti sauce or pizaa sauce
    shredded cheese
    pepperoni
    toppings can of course be altered

Place biscuits on the pizza pan or cookie sheet spread apart as you would when making regular biscuits
    Squash each biscuit flat
    Top each biscuit with sauce and toppings
    Bake for about 15 mins at 350 (or until cheese is bubbly and biscuits look cooked)

You an also place the biscuits closer together to make one large pizza rather than the small individual ones

my contribution is for all those that love the taste of a pizza baked in an large wood-fired stone oven and live in a place without one:
    Make your favorite pizza dough (6 cups flour, salt, sugar, 2 TBS dry yeast, 1/4 cup olive oil, water for consistency, around 1 cup, in a bread maker works well).
    Heat charcoal-fired BBQ grill (gas fired misses the point!), shape pizza dough into managable rounds or ovals (I sacrifice shape for better coverage), let rise for 10 min.
    Grill each pizza dough for 2 min per side on the hot grill, you should get a nice puffed up slighlty charred patty. Place on baking sheet, top as desired and finish in oven till cheese is melted.
    Unusual and delicious.
    My favorite raid food:
    1 turkey
    1 package of stuffing, celery, carrot, onion
    Stuff turkey, put in oven.
    cook for 8 h at 275 - 300 F (150 C)
    use med breaks to baste
    surprise everyone at the after raid party ("how did you do that, did someone bot you at the raid? That takes hours to do.")

Mock Root Beer Float
    ==================
    (or next best thing if you're out of ice cream)
    *2/3 glass of Root Beer
    *1/3 glass of Milk
    *a few drops of Vanilla (optional)
    *Stir and serve.
    Also works well with Orange Soda if you like the vanilla/sherbet effect.

Tummy Warmer
    ==============
    *Purchase a bottle of your favorite flavoring syrup, of the type they use to make Italian Sodas.
    *Get out the biggest clean mug in your house.
    *Pour enough of the syrup into mug to just cover the bottom.
    *Add enough milk to fill mug to about 3/4 full. (Prevents overflow in heating process)
    *Stir, place in microwave while liquid still swirling.
    *Microwave on high for aprox. 1 min 25 seconds (ovens vary, adjust as needed).
    *Stir thoroughly - liquid will not heat evenly!
    *Cool with additional milk, if needed.
    *Enjoy!

Mock Quesadillas
    =============
    *On microwave safe plate or saucer, spread a layer of your favorite cracker or chip.
    *Add a layer of your favorite cheese, sliced as thinly as possible.
    *(optional) Add another layer of each, crackers and thin cheese slices.
    *Microwave on high, approx 35 seconds (ovens vary, adjust as needed)
    *Cool at least long enough that the cheese stops bubbling.
    *Take back to computer with a bag of napkins (it's a "finger food," you won't want it on your keyboard)
    *Enjoy!

Mock Nachos
    ===========
    *On microwave safe plate or saucer, spread a layer of your favorite cracker or chip.
    *Add a layer of your favorite cheese, sliced as thinly as possible.
    *Add any combination of the following
    -a can of refried beans
    -a can of olives
    -small pieces of pre-cooked ground beef (cooking ahead recommended, or crumble ground beef into pan to start browning on one med break, and checking results on following med breaks till time to drain, and paying attention so it doesn't ... overbrown)
    -(optional) peppers of your choice
    -anything else that sounds good and is readily available at the time
    *Another layer of crackers, and another layer of thinly sliced cheese
    *Heat in microwave on high for approx. 45-60 seconds (ovens vary, adjust as needed)
    *Allow to cool at least till cheese stops bubbling
    *Serve with plenty of napkins, any sauces or garnishes of your choice, and enjoy!

Microwave Tuna Melt (open-faced)
    ===========================
    *Pop bread of your choice into a toaster (I prefer the round "English Muffin" or bagels, but other breads work well also)
    *Once bread is toasted (next break?), place on microwave-safe plate.
    *Sprinkle seasoning of your choice on bread (I like lemon pepper or dill best, you'd probably have your own favorite).
    *Open can of tuna, drain some of the water into kitty's dish, pour rest down sink (or all down sink, if you're unfortunate enough to lack a kitty).
    *Spread tuna on toasted bread
    *Add a thin slice of your favorite cheese
    *If desired, sprinkle a bit more of your seasoning on top of cheese
    *Microwave on high approx 30 seconds (ovens vary, adjust as needed)
    *Allow to cool at least until cheese stops bubbling (can be done at computer, if needed)
    *Enjoy!

Swift Summer Salad
    ================
    In large bowl, combine:
    *1 prepackaged vegetable salad mix
    *1 can of meat (Tuna, Chicken, etc)
    *(optional) nuts, croutons, bacon bits, grated cheese, etc.
    Remove one serving from main bowl, store temporarily in smaller bowl with appropriate amount of your favorite salad dressing. Place main bowl, covered, into refrigerator. Take temporary bowl, its contents, and a fork, back to your computer. Consume contents of temporary bowl, leaving bowl and fork.

========================
    Yes, I do eat while playing EQ. To an outside observer, this may look something like ...

Zone / Med break 1
    --------------------
    *prepare chosen recipe per instructions above, initiate heating sequence (if appropriate). Return to computer till next break.
    -- OR --
    *pull frozen entree out of freezer, remove surplus packaging, place in microwave and initiate heating sequence according to instructions on package. Return to computer till next break.
    -- OR --
    *pull leftovers out of refrigerator, remove a single serving into a microwavable dish, replace main batch into frige. Place single serving into microwave and initiate heating sequence. Return to computer till next break.

Zone / Med break 2
    --------------------
    *Remove heated food from microwave, retrieve appropriate eating utensil and napkin(s), return to computer, don't spill food while playing.

Pre Raid/EQ game day Breakfast.

You will need
    2 to 4 large eggs depeneding on appatite.
    4 to 8 thick cut strips of bacon
    Grey Pupon Dejoin mustard. (or any other type of Dejoin mustard).
    Tabasco or some other mild red pepper sauce. like Crystals Hot sauce.
    Salt and Pepper.
    Pam or sum other kind of spay cooking oil.
    2 to 4 fatai size tortillas or
    1 or 2 burrito size tortillas
    Salsa or Chile
    Old soup can or dog food can (clean) to put bacon grease into.

(Note's these directions are for use with a eletric stove)
    First up, grab a nice sized pan, toss on oven heat on high till pan is hot. best to place there while stove is still cold.

Get the bacon ready, all nice a laid out on a plate if you so chosse, I just losen the strips from the rest of it, and leave till pan is rdy.

Next get a bowl, fork, spoon, eggs, Dejoin mustard, red pepper sauce.
    Crack eggs into bowl, get any shell fragments out if any.
    Next mix in half a spoon full of mustard, TWO or THREE drops of red pepper sauce, it just for flavor, so it's not required.

Check pan, hot? yes, toss bacon in to pan, well lay it on nice and flat. No? then go back to preping eggs.

Mix eggs and mustard/red pepper sauce together with fork, mix till there are no clumps of mustard, should be a slitly dark yellow colour. add pinch of salt and pepper to mix if you like.

Ok if pan was not hot before, it should be now, put the bacon in, if it was hot before, flip the bacon.
    Cook bacon to taste.

Put bacon on paper towls to get excess grease off,
    Pour bacon grease into old can, from pan,
    Put pan back on burner, turn to med temp.
    Pour egg mixture into pan, now stir/flip eggs to keep from burning badly, form eggs into a strip thats a little smaller then the tortillas.

Cook eggs throughly.
    Take out of pan, place on plate,

take torrtilla(s), spay each side with spray oil, place in pan, to heat/toast them, about 15 secs a side, depened on pan temp.

Put tortilla on seperat plate, place eggs on tortilla, place bacon on top, smother with salsa or chile if you like. Enjoy.

Note it will be a tad greasey, but hey it tastes good, lasts a good while in tummy, and gets all your needs for food groups in morning if you add chesse or have a glasse of milk with it.

1lb ground beef,
    lettuce,(optional)
    tomato(optional)
    cheese(optional)
    onion(optional)
    refried beans(not optional)
    taco seasoning(not optional)
    taco shells(not optional)
    taco sause(optional)
    1/2cup-1 cup water,

brown the meet in a skilit, drain out the fat, turn heat to low, add the seasoning, cut up the vegetables and cheese, open the refried beans, take HALF the can of beans and mix it into the meat, then put plastic wrap or whatever over the can and stick it in the fridge.... next stir the meat for about 5 minutes for the beans to get warm, then serve with taco shells and cheese and vegetables... and sauce,

this is how Taco Bell should make their tacos....

THESE FILL YOU UP! unlike tacobell...

Pizzalottas.

Either uncooked pizza dough premade or your own home recipe
    does need to be made in a thincrust style
    cheese and lots of it
    pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
    I use tomatopaste cut with tomato sauce add garlic powder and oregano
    whatever other toppins you want

line a LARGE casserole dish with dough in the bottom only not up the sides add sauce cheese and toppins liberally.
    Layer at least once more (try to go for twice more)
    smother top with cheese bake at 425 for 25-40 mins depending on oven and whammo.

Mudmoo

3 scoops chocolate icecream
    milk and chocolate syrup or premade choc milk
    your fave DARK soda

in a LARGE tankard or glass put in icecream and fill space halfway with choc milk then top off with coke and stir gently till mixed

emulates a chocoholics version of a chocolate coke from the 50's/60's

[color=blue]4 cups (1 L) of cut and peeled apples
    1/3 cup (80ml) of sugar
    2 soup spoon (30ml) of flour
    1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) of cinnamon
    1 soup spoon (15ml) of butter
    2 soup spoon (30ml) of lemon juice

garnish:

3/4 cup (190ml) of flour
    3/4 cup (190 ml) of brown sugar
    1/3 cup (80ml) of butter
    2 soup spoon (30 ml) of ground nuts
    a pinch of salt
    a pinch of cinnamon

put the cut apples in a dish able to go in a microwave of a 20x20 cm size.
    mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter.
    cover the apples with that mix.
    sprinkle with the lemon juice.

mix all the ingredients of t
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=344207Sikle Bellamorte, 56 Defilerhttp://pub238.ezboard.com/bthepowderroom77512The Powder Room-Real Women DO Play Everquest

Pleeease

Tebyen, could you by chance change the post so that the recipes are alternating in color so as to make it easier to see where one begins and another ends? I know its a pain in the butt, but I for one (and Im sure others as well) would appreciate it.
    December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

Sure thing, nothing else to do.
      http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=344207Sikle Bellamorte, 56 Defilerhttp://pub238.ezboard.com/bthepowderroom77512The Powder Room-Real Women DO Play Everquest

Comment

Wow...Thanks for doing that for us. That looks time consuming. I'm impressed

:shock: :? 8) :x :P ops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :arrow: :mrgreen: :|

Just had to play with all the faces =)
        ttfn
        Lanir
        See ya on the flip side.

Comment

It only took me around 30 minutes or so. No where near as time consuming as the table I'm setting up that lists the ayonae ro tradeskillers and their various skills.

Comment

Doomspark's Amazing Goop!

For those of us who hate to do dishes, I offer this one-skillet meal:

INGREDIENTS:
            1 lb of ground beef (can also do turkey)
            2 tablespoons olive oil
            1 package of "Macaroni and Cheese" with the *paste* cheese sauce
            1 tablespoon ground garlic
            1 tablespoon paprika
            Various vegetables to taste - I use 1 small can of mushrooms, 1 small can of peas, 1 small can of corn, and 1 small can of stewed tomatoes.

This recipie assumes that your ground beef is thawed.

In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil. Once it begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium and add the ground beef. As the beef begins to brown, stir in the paprika and garlic.

Once the beef is completely browned, remove from heat and drain off the grease (this is optional, but healthier)

Add the vegetables, including the liquid. Stir well. If you use frozen or fresh veggies, add enough water to JUST cover everything.

Heat on high until the liquid begins to bubble.

Add just the macaroni and stir well. Once it begins to bubble again, reduce heat to low and cover.

Cook for 20 minutes.

Remove cover and stir in the cheese sauce

Let sit for 5 minutes, and serve.
            Doomspark DeathfireAristophanesAziron XeosBristlethorpe Fizzlebane
            Cariadoc FrostvenomCorsyr GlanmilwrEmberarto Tailchaser Fivefingered Discount
            Grimhand BarehandedHushfoot GwynblaiddMadrel MagiusRaum Ravenwalk
            Stainless BannerTarkas JeddakTandaar AshkevronTickles Fishery
            Tinder FlashfireTristaar ValmontVithaar AshkevronWanderblade Axegrinder
            Yesterday Timebender Zendaar Tir'Astoroph Wguren Wolfbane

... all on The Rathe

Comment

Looks great Tebyen, Thanks!!

**eyes Doomspark's recipe**
              **remembers her non cooking fiance and baby on the way**
              **thanks Doomspark heartily**
              One skillet recipes are an absolute godsend hehe
              December 2000 - July 2003

Comment

For those of you who love something simple and EASY.

Ingredients:
                3 LG Avocados
                2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
                2 Cans Stewed Tomatoes (I use Italian ones but any work)
                1 Small tub Sour Cream
                4 servings of rice (I use a rice cooker but any kind of white rice)
                Spices:
                Tumeric
                Cumin
                Garlic Powder
                Chili Powder (or Cayenne peper)

Take out your favorite LARGE frying pan and put in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Using medium heat put your 2 chicken breasts in the pan and begin to pan fry. Coat yes COAT chicken with garlic, tumeric, cumin and lightly put on chili or cayenne. The chicken should be YELLOW in color.

While this is cooking grab your avacados and skin them. When skinned cut into wedges.

Put your rice on to cook now.

When chickens is cooked through usually 10 - 15 min or so pour in both cans of Tomatoes, all the avocado, and half the sour cream.

Look at the sauce it should be orange or so if not put in more sour cream till looks orange.

Simmer for 10-15 minutes

Serve over White Rice.

ENJOY.

Corrected spelling

Removed sig. Something in your combo box code was appending the last edit timestamp, which was mucking with the forum formatting. As the olde timers know, I get cranky when forced to side-scroll - Kehv

Woodeckt WolfdenGlade Warden of the 65th Circle & 36AA -
                Follower of Karana & Protector of all Living Creatures.Captain Serving Trampers Trade
                The Wolfden Clan

Cretons

Cretons
                  (French-Canadian meat-based spread, most often spread on toast in the mornings)

Ingredients

- 1-2 pounds of ground pork. I have also used ground turkey.
                  - 1 large spanish onion
                  - 1-2 large cloves of garlic
                  - salt & pepper to tast
                  - milk

Directions

-Thoroughly brown the meat, chopped onions and chopped garlic together in a skillet. Drain about half the 'juices'.
                  -Transfer to a saucepan, pour in some milk until the meat mixture is fully covered, and simmer at medium heat for an hour.
                  -Ladle into bowls and put in fridge to 'set'.
                  -Next morning: spread on your toast and enjoy.

Note: this is also often served with other types of patés & bread or crackers, at buffets, etc
                  Last edited by Maevenniia; 04-16-2004, 07:53 PM.
                  Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
                  Silky Moderator Lady
                  Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

Butter Tarts

(A perfect holiday cookie -- they're squares, so they're super-easy to bake)

Base:
                    1/2 cup margarine
                    1 cup flour
                    2 tablespoons brown sugar

Topping:
                    2 eggs
                    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
                    1/2 cup oatmeal
                    1/4 tsp salt
                    1/2 tsp baking powder
                    1 tsp vanilla
                    1/2 raisins or chopped walnuts

Pre-heat oven to 350 F. For base, melt margarine, mix with flour and two tablespoons brown sugar. Press into a 9x9 greased pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until a very light brown.

For the topping, beat the eggs well, mix them with the rest of the topping ingredients and pour over the base. Bake again for 20 minutes.

Cool and cut into squares. Serves 36. (Recipe can and SHOULD be doubled.)
                    -- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com

Comment

Recipes and cookbooks

I have written two books on cooking....Sushi on a budget and Deep Fried Turkeys and Twinkies. If you would like a copy of either one please email me. Please do NOT sell them or give away as I do have these up on E-bay. But will provide them free if you ask. Leave a message with your email address and will send you one.

Better yet - leverage some free advertising and post a recipe! - Kehv
                      Mdaisy Shadowbladde
                      58 Druid on Brell

Comment

Wow, Mdaisy, you sound like a master chef! I'm sure you put the rest of us to shame in a kitchen!
                        Ilona - Gwenae - Amarantha - Deandra - Minim

Comment

Wanderaimless Sausage Spaghetti Sauce

2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
                          1 TSP olive oil
                          1 small onion, chopped (optional)
                          1 lbs. sweet Italian sausage
                          1 TSP fennel seeds
                          3 tsp. oregano
                          3 tsp. basil
                          1 TSP finely chopped fresh parsley
                          3 TSP grated Parmesan cheese
                          4 cans (14.5 oz) Whole tomatoes, chopped
                          2 cans (12 oz) tomato puree
                          Salt (optional)
                          Pepper

1. Press garlic with a garlic press and sauté in oil over medium heat until golden. (Optional: Add onions and cook until softened.)
                          2. Remove sausage from casing and crumble into pan. Add fennel seeds. Cook and stir until sausage is thoroughly cooked, breaking up any large chunks with fork or spatula.
                          3. Drain excess fat. Add oregano, basil, parsley, cheese, chopped tomatoes and juices, and tomato puree.
                          4. Bring sauce to a slow boil. Turn heat to low to maintain a slow, steady simmer. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt if necessary. Add pepper to taste.

NOTE: due to hubby being on a low salt diet, I use no salt tomatoes, unseasoned sausage (add my own spices) and don’t add any salt.

Barbarian Fateseer of the 70th winter

Comment

Luminary Sweet and Sour

Courtesy of a certain high-level shaman, hence the name.

INGREDIENTS:
                            1 package of Polish Kielbasa (but you can use almost any kind of sausage)
                            1 can of jellied cranberry sauce
                            Rice or pasta, as you like

Warm a large cast-iron skillet on medium heat.
                            Cut the kielbasa into bite-sized chunks and toss into the skillet.
                            Add the cranberry jelly, smushing it up so that the kielbasa is coated.
                            Continue heating on medium until the jelly melts and carmelizes over the kielbasa.
                            Serve over rice or pasta.

Note: I usually start the rice or pasta cooking first, as it takes longer.
                            Doomspark DeathfireAristophanesAziron XeosBristlethorpe Fizzlebane
                            Cariadoc FrostvenomCorsyr GlanmilwrEmberarto Tailchaser Fivefingered Discount
                            Grimhand BarehandedHushfoot GwynblaiddMadrel MagiusRaum Ravenwalk
                            Stainless BannerTarkas JeddakTandaar AshkevronTickles Fishery
                            Tinder FlashfireTristaar ValmontVithaar AshkevronWanderblade Axegrinder
                            Yesterday Timebender Zendaar Tir'Astoroph Wguren Wolfbane

... all on The Rathe

Comment

Alice Chicken
                              Marinated chicken breasts broiled with bacon and cheese, then served with sauteed mushrooms and honey mustard dressing. Fantastic way to broil chicken that adds that extra something! Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 20 Minutes. Makes 4 servings.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------

4 skinless, boneless chicken
                              breast halves

5 fluid ounces Worcestershire sauce

8 slices bacon

2 tablespoons butter

8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 (8 ounce) package Monterey
                              Jack cheese, shredded

1 (16 ounce) container honey
                              mustard salad dressing

Directions

1 Place chicken in a glass dish or bowl; poke with a fork several times, then pour Worcestershire sauce in and turn to coat. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.

2 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.

3 Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and saute for about 10 minutes, or until soft; set aside.

4 Preheat oven to Broil.

5 Remove chicken from marinade (discard any remaining liquid), and broil for about 5 minutes each side. When chicken is almost finished, top each breast with 2 slices bacon, then cheese. Continue to broil until cheese has melted, then remove from oven. Serve with mushrooms and salad dressing for topping.

Chocolate Chip/ Butterscotch cookies

It is my guarantee that these will be the softest cookies you have ever had (home-made).

Ingredients:
                              2/3 Cup Shortening
                              2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted.
                              1 cup granulated sugar
                              1 cup dark brown sugar, packed.
                              2 eggs
                              2 tsp. Vanilla
                              3 cups flour
                              1 tsp. Baking Soda
                              1 Tsp. salt
                              1 package (6 oz) Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
                              1 Package (6 oz) Butterscotch flavored Chips.

Heat oven to 375.
                              Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Once even blend in remaining ingredients.

MUST BE MIXED IN PREVIOUS ORDER. DO NOT OVER MIX, OR YOU WILL HAVE HOCKEY PUCKS.

Drop dough in rounded teaspoonfulls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 min or until light brown. Let cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet.

*if using selfrising flour, omit Soda and salt.

Aola's 8-layer mexican dip

Ingredients:
                              1 can refried beans
                              1 jar of guacamole (or you can substitute Spanish rice-a-roni)
                              1 16oz. container of Sour cream
                              Jar of salsa
                              Black olives (pitted and sliced are best, but it's up to the maker)
                              Bacon Bits (Hormel is my fav. choice)
                              Lettuce (shredded is best)
                              2-3 cups of Mozzarella Chz. (up to the maker of course, use cheddar if you want, I just prefer white cheese and I eat mozzarella like it's going out of style.)

Using a 9 or 10 inch plate layer the ingredients in the same order as above. (If salsa is not thick drain off extra liquid for a "salsa concentrate")

I usually (ok ALWAYS) use Lime flavored tortilla chips with this. Will feed 2 or 3 people, but best used as a snack or lunch.

Enjoy!

Restaurant-Style Tequila Lime Chicken

This spicy, marinated broiled chicken dish is the same as
                              that of a well-known restaurant chain's Tequila Lime
                              Chicken. Enjoy! Serve with rice and pico de gallo salsa, if
                              desired.

Prep Time: approx. 30 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 20
                              Minutes.

Ready in: approx. 2 Hours 50 Minutes. Makes 4
                              servings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              1 cup water
                              1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
                              2 tablespoons lime juice
                              2 teaspoons minced garlic
                              1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
                              1/2 teaspoon salt
                              1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
                              1/4 teaspoon tequila
                              4 skinless, boneless chicken
                              breast halves
                              1/4 cup mayonnaise
                              1/4 cup sour cream
                              1 tablespoon milk
                              2 teaspoons minced tomato
                              1 1/2 teaspoons chopped green
                              chile peppers
                              1 teaspoon minced onion
                              1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
                              1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
                              1 pinch salt
                              1 pinch dried dill weed
                              1 pinch paprika
                              1 pinch cayenne pepper
                              1 pinch ground cumin
                              1 pinch chili powder
                              1 pinch ground black pepper
                              1 cup shredded
                              Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
                              2 cups crumbled corn chips

Directions

1 To Marinate: Combine the water, teriyaki sauce, lime
                              juice, garlic, liquid smoke, salt, ginger and tequila in a
                              medium nonporous glass bowl and mix all together. Add chicken
                              and turn to coat; cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.

2 To Make Mexi-Ranch Dressing: Combine the mayonnaise,
                              sour cream, milk, tomato, peppers, onion, parsley, hot
                              pepper sauce, salt, dill weed, paprika, cayenne pepper,
                              cumin, chili powder and ground black pepper in a medium bowl
                              and mix well until smooth. Cover bowl and chill until needed.

3 Preheat oven to Grill/Broil.

4 Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining
                              marinade. Grill/broil chicken for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or
                              until cooked through and juices run clear.

5 Arrange cooked chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
                              Spread a layer of Mexi-Ranch dressing over each piece of
                              chicken, followed by 1/4 cup of cheese blend. Broil in
                              preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until cheese has melted.

6 Spread a bed of about 1/2 cup crumbled corn chips on
                              each of 4 plates. Slide a chicken breast onto the chips on
                              each plate and serve.

----
                              Ok.. so I'm not original... my secret is www.Allrecipes.com
                              Aoladari Raveynfyre - Knightrix of Shadows
                              Leiliann Windancer - Perma-lost Rangerette

Current Bumpersticker - (The more I learn about men, the more I'd rather be diving!)

Comment

Working...
                              X