Halloween and our pets (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween and our pets (pics)

It seems the majority of posters here are animal lovers so I thought you all would enjoy these..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Laureana; 10-01-2003, 01:25 AM.
    December 2000 - July 2003

pumpkin

Attached Files

Comment

Kitty!

Attached Files

Comment

hot dogs!

Attached Files

Comment

catfish!

Attached Files

Comment

Hehe, I think the hot dogs are really cute, and the Winnie the Pooh costume is great, especially since hes asleep. But what did you do to your poor cats?! I dont know any cat that would sit still long enough to let that happen to them.
            Xynn: Cleric of Innoruuk 240 Baker 187 Brewer drinking and eating.... /burp!
            Farnyr Shrubhugger: Druid of Karana 182 tailoring and crying....
            Vazaelle

Professore: Rogue of Agnostic 125 Make Poison and stabbin... All Hail Agnostic!
            Tarew Marr

Comment

The cat pictures and the "hot dogs" are photo-manipulations.
              Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
              EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Farnyr
                Hehe, I think the hot dogs are really cute, and the Winnie the Pooh costume is great, especially since hes asleep. But what did you do to your poor cats?! I dont know any cat that would sit still long enough to let that happen to them.
                lol I do have pets but these aren't them. I just thought the photos were cute

Lothay, Im not sure what you mean by photo manipulation, I think your saying its one photo pastd to another? If so, how can you tell? (just curious)
                Last edited by Laureana; 10-01-2003, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I imagine someone painted the cats on the computer image. I highly doubt any cat would keep it's tail up that long and that straight for someone to paint a face. Heck, my cat wouldn't sit long enough for me to put on a Santa hat one year!
                  Tinile, 85th Druid of the Seventh Hammer
                  1750 - 3/12/04, Still plugging away at 2100...
                  Baking 300 | Blacksmithing 273 | Brewing 300 | Fletching 300 | Jewel Craft 300 | Pottery 300 | Tailoring 267

Namarie Silmaril, Enchantress of the 67th level
                  Baking 135 | Blacksmithing 123 | Brewing 200 | Fletching 168 | Jewel Craft 250 | Pottery 199 | Spell Research 200 | Tailoring 165

Mumtinie, cute little mage of the 61st level
                  Tinkering 243 | Research 201 | Tailoring 110 | Blacksmithing 104 | Pottery 76

Comment

Originally posted by Laureana
                    Lothay, Im not sure what you mean by photo manipulation, I think your saying its one photo pastd to another? If so, how can you tell? (just curious)
                    Photo-manipulation is the art of editing a photo electronically (or otherwise) to change the image in some fashion, often extreme.

The cats were obviously painted with a computer program. The "hot dogs" might actually be a costume, but I think elements may have been added electronically.
                    Lothay retired from EQ in 2003
                    EQ Traders - Moderator - MySpace or LiveJournal

Comment

Actually...

Originally posted by Lothay
                      The cat pictures and the "hot dogs" are photo-manipulations.
                      Actually, the cat ones are real, they come from a book called "Why Paint Cats" about well, painting cats. Basically, they familiarize the cat with the painter and gradually "ink" the fur with vegetable dyes. Some of the paintings (or whatever you call 'em) were actually pretty impressive!

Dunno about the "hot dog" ones though.
                      Raskii
                      author of Raskii's Exhaustive Tailored Armors Listing (site comments/suggestions)
                      Current character: Rathish (Stromm)

Comment

I'm almost positive the hot dog picture is real. I've seen that type of harness before IRL. My friend and I laughed ourselves silly at the time.

Edit: A more accurate statement would be: I have seen a harness similar to the hot dog picture before IRL, which lends credence to the theory that it's a real picture. However, it could still have been photo-manipulated.
                        Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                        Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                        Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                        Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Well, whether those cats are really painted or they are photo manipulations I think they are adorable If that catfish one is real the artist did a terrific job! Of course Im a dunce and when I first looked at it I didnt notice it was a catfish I thought it was Dr. Seuss but I got it.. eventually (after looking at the file name and re examining the photo lol)

Comment

For the curious, here's the homepage for Why Paint Cats.

You can also view (at Amazon.com) the book and the calendar about painted cats.
                            Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                            Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                            Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                            Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

Im 99.9% positive the hot dog one is real, because if you look at the pug on the right you can actually see the harness on him(looks like a black strap over his lower back).

As for the cat painting.... FOR SHAME...FOR SHAME....
                              Xynn: Cleric of Innoruuk 240 Baker 187 Brewer drinking and eating.... /burp!
                              Farnyr Shrubhugger: Druid of Karana 182 tailoring and crying....
                              Vazaelle

Professore: Rogue of Agnostic 125 Make Poison and stabbin... All Hail Agnostic!
                              Tarew Marr

Comment

Working...
                              X