Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Spreadsheet

Hello!

Are you a research component packrat? If so, this might help you out. I created a spreadsheet that can be used to keep track of what spells and how many of that spell you can make with the resources you have available. All you have to do is an inventory of which components you have and how many, and it will tell you what you can make.

I'm uploading it here for your use. I play two characters with my boyfriend who also plays two. We make a great team and typically, unless friends wish to join us, all the loot goes to our cause =) I hate selling useful things like components or tradeskill items because I'm a big fan of tradeskills. Therefore, I found the task of sorting through all those 16 bags of components to figure out what we could make intimidating. I found creating this spreadsheet more interesting so I'll never have to think that hard again

I hope it proves to be a useful tool for at least some of you out there! Please post any questions or comments about the spreadsheet on this thread, whether it be complaints or compliments. Most definitely, mention anything inaccuracies you might have noticed.

Thanks ahead for the feedback! Good luck fellow artisans!

Sincerely,
    Xorithra L`Amante
    65 Cleric of The Nameless
    Grandmaster Jeweller
    Grandmaster Brewer
    Grandmaster Baker
    Grandmaster Potter
    Grandmaster Smith

Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl Survivor

aka

Zeryl Stolhit
    65 Enchanter of The Nameless
    Grandmaster Potter
    Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl Survivor

Revision:
    Hello! My wonderful boyfriend fixed that horrible "Want to update links?" problem that I accidentally incorporated into the sheet. Here it is without that irritating question.

Also, I can eliminate the "Yes" column in the spreadsheet, so all you do is input the numbers. I had promised to post it last night though, so I somewhat rushed trying to make it user friendly for anyone else but me =) When I originally created it, I didn't care about knowing how many I could make. Only when I decided to make it available did that option occur to me. Now, the Yes column isn't really needed, so I'll revamp it and post it within a few days. Those who already downloaded it will just need to copy "Amount" column and paste into the new spreadsheet.

So, here is the revised sheet that wont pop up that links question, the next (and hopefully last) one will come soon!

(If you've already entered data and don't want to download the new spreadsheet, simply unprotect the "Makeable" sheet and changed cell A2 to =Spells!A1 )

FINAL Revision:
    Hello again! Here is the final spreadsheet, changed so you have to do is input amounts. Kept the YES column on the "Makeable" sheet because I think it draws your eye more to those spells.

But yes, this has eliminated the "Availablity" column in the "Components" sheet. For those who have the first (or second) spreadsheet, you should just be able to copy and paste the "Amount" column (minus the title).

Funny thing is, took two minutes to change it, and 20 to fill out out for my personal use~ Have to admit though, knowing how much is incredibly helpful (original only had the "Makeable" column).

Have fun!

Correction: Graal pointed out two lefts for BoA instead of a left and a right. A quick check in the eqtraders database shows left and right (whereas I took the info from eqtraders shortly after LoY came out, and there were a couple uncertainties on recipes). It is changed and once again uploaded here.

For those who don't wish to mess with Excel:
    *Download the sheet (making sure it will not overwrite yours. Hopefully you renamed it ;P).
    *Open up old and new.
    *Highlight cells B3:B173 in your old "Amount" column in the "Components" sheet, copy.
    *Select B3 in the "Components" sheet of the new file and paste.
    *Save new.
    *Close old and delete old.
    *Eat a cookie or do a little dance to the wonders of copy and paste.
    *Don't forget to rename new to something happier. Bob, for example.

For those who just like to mess:
    *Unprotect the "Components" and "Spells" sheets. (Tools --> Protection --> Unprotect Sheet)
    *In cell C20 of the "Components" sheet, add "blessing of aegolism (C60)" before KEI if you want to be consistent.
    *In cell E30 of the "Spells" sheet, change 'Left' to 'Right'.
    *Be a safe and reprotect the "Components" and "Spell" sheets.
    *Eat a cookie or do a little dance to the wonders of me staying up too late to type out instructions that you didn't need.

For those that don't have it and will download for the first time:
    No worries! Hope you enjoy.

Thanks for pointing it out Graal!

Keep the comments coming =)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Xorithra L`Amante; 09-02-2004, 06:07 PM.
    RNG isn't prejudice. It hates all of us equally~

Nice Work, thanks
    Salomea Sillverfrost
    Lvl 65 Arcanist
    CoV and Coldain Faction Maxed
    Flagged for entry to Planes of Air, Water, Earth and Fire

Comment

Wonderful, thank you!
      Master Artisan Maevenniia the Springy Sprocket Stockpiler of the really long name
      Silky Moderator Lady
      Beneath the silk, lies a will of steel.

Comment

A quick and simple fix is on cell b3:

=if(c3>0,"Yes","")
        (those are double quotes ("), not single quotes(').)

and then just copy that all the way down till the next verison is ready.

Thank you for all the work you put into this... Sorely needed it to help put guild inventory into perspective
        Ianthe - 65 Dread Lord
        Grizzor Faewalker - 65 Druid
        250 Baker, Brewer, Fletcher, Jeweler, Potter, and Tailor
        200 Fisher

Comment

You Sir, Are greater than asterick.

-Lilosh
          Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
          President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
          Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

I'm sorry, Lilosh? Are you speaking to Ianthe or me? Either way, what do you mean? I have a theory but I'm not sure~

Thank you, Ianthe, for your suggestion! No promises, but I'll probably get the final one uploaded by tonight (Hawaii evening anyway. Most of you should be sleeping). I believe I know what needs to be done, but it's usually a matter of testing.

Xorithra L`Amante
            Last edited by Xorithra L`Amante; 09-18-2003, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I was speaking to you.

This spreadsheet is GOLDEN.

-Lilosh
              Venerable Noishpa Taltos , Planar Druid, Educated Halfling, and GM Baker.
              President and Founder of the Loudmouthed Sarcastic Halflings Society
              Also, Smalltim

So take the fact of having a dirty mind as proof that you are world-savvy; it's not a flaw, it's an asset, if nothing else, it's a defense - Sanna

Comment

Just wanted to thank everyone for their postive input! Very pleased to find that it is useful for some out there!

Thanks again!

Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

This is GREAT and makes it sooo much easier!

Thanks,
                  Zargonn

LVL 65 Arcanist

Comment

Love the spreadsheet...

But I am currently only level 27.

Do you have one for lower level research pages or know if one exists somewhere?

Thanks for you hard work.
                    Az

Comment

About another spreadsheet...

Hi there everyone!

Glad to see it's getting so many downloads.

In reply to Az's request, I'm afraid I can't do it. There is a lot of potential for tradeskills with this sheet because it's in a format that could be used for ANYTHING. Inventory on the first, actual list of ingredients on the second, and combines on the third... the problem is that since EQtraders changed their format, it's not easy to copy and paste the information for the second sheet any longer.

As most of you probably can remember, the former format was columns with final combine, then component 1, 2, 3 and so on. Now, it is final combine in one cell, components in another cell, with much more information. Beautiful for the site, but unfortunately the idea of the spreadsheet came a little too late. The only reason I was able to do it was because I had copied the old format info into a document a long time ago for my own tracking.

So... if any of you out there also have acurate old formatting, feel free to use the formulas and format of this spreadsheet. Could be altered a little bit for tailoring... like how many pelts you have, then how many bonings, studs and the like you'd need... anyhow I'm rambling! Just throwing ideas in the air. If you do use the format and formulas of this spreadsheet, please be so kind to mention that you got it from Xorithra L`Amante

Enjoy, and I'm sorry I can't bust any more out. If someone does have the old format with correct components (any skill, not just research), upload it onto this string and myself (when this semester is over, or I have more time) or anyone else who knows how can work with it.

Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

Blessing of Aegolism shows it requires 2 Yaeth 26 left pages. I believe this should be a left and a right.
                        Shaman of War
                        65 Bashes
                        Code of Silence, Luclin

Comment

BoA

Thanks, Graal. I modified the first post (A Correction Section with instructions for the transition for those that would like help) and uploaded the updated file.

Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

Someday, when I get time, I plan on doing something like this in .php scripts and data stored in database tables (mySQL, etc.) with files for most people that will display individual items in the database alone with spells that can be generated from them, and another set of files for "Component Administrators" that can add new components, remove components (either individually and/or by stating you've made a spell to remove a component of each, etc.)

Has anyone done something like this yet so I don't have to reinvent the wheel? Or is this something all new?

Comment

My boyfriend was thinking about making an executable through Access that was much like this so that it would not require people to have Excel to use it. I'm afraid he is too swamped for it though.

Sounds like you're our winner! Awesome of you to think of it.

Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

Working...
                              X