Research Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Xorithra

thanks for putting this sheet together, Xorithra. You've made my life as my guild's main researcher bearable!

Comment

WOW Thanks! I've been dreading research inventory for months, but with this worksheet i'm (almost) looking forward to it!

Falcon’s Pride @ The Nameless

Destiny of the Free @ the Oasis

Comment

This is an EXCELENT guide for tracking and seeing what goes with what.

I have been compiling a similar listing, but you took it that one extra step and linked all the components with the corresponding spells!!!!

This will be great for organizing my mules (yes I have one for each type: Runes, Words, Pages, and Misc items/trade skill) for use for my GF (65 Necro) to get her research up!!
        Alhtough not an advocate for selling spells, this will be a great way for her to make some side money, and get the spells into the needed hands of serveral characters at a cheap rate (because she will definately undercut all others to help bring the spell cost market down just a bit).

VIVE LE umm..... Vive le errr.... hrm....
        HoverCraaft -- BavekStabaholic -- WebbFeet
        "Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
        In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
        -Cliff Clavin (Cheers)

Comment

OMG! Wow! Nice work! That's Alot of work! I tried playing around making a sheet but gave up after I went cross eyed!
          Researches thank you!

/Melinia bows before you.

Happy Holidays!
          Duchess Melinia Spellteaser of Vazaelle
          "Old World Travelers"
          Tradeskills:
          GM Baker 300 + Trophy GM Brewing 12/18/04
          Fletching 146 Smithing 110
          Jewel Crafting 175 Pottery 175
          Research 155 Tailoring 83
          Fishing 185

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted on this thread for a while and didn't want anyone to think that I wasn't paying attention any longer. I REALLY appreciate everyone's feedback and it's gratifying to hear that people are enjoying it.

Also, Prach emailed me personally about a modification for the sheet. Through conditinal formatting, Prach came up with a way to highlight components in the "Spells" sheet to show which ones you had (and thus visually showing you how close you are to making a spell) and if you have all the components, it highlights the spell.

It's an awesome modification, but I've been so busy with work and class I haven't had the time to go through it and make the necessary modifications so I could post it up. It's coming soon though! This week is finals week.

I suggested to Prach to just post it up on this thread, but he (or she?) didn't want to impose. What a gem

Check back in a week or so and the new sheet should be posted.

Xorithra L`Amante
            RNG isn't prejudice. It hates all of us equally~

Comment

Not sure if someone has mentioned this before but..

For those without Excel... You can download a program from the Microsoft website that will allow you to View Excel spreadsheets. I was able to download it *Free*.

Edit (Melinia): Here is the link for the download from Microsoft
              http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

I hope it works!

Happy Holidays!
              Last edited by Melinia; 12-22-2003, 07:16 PM.
              Duchess Melinia Spellteaser of Vazaelle
              "Old World Travelers"
              Tradeskills:
              GM Baker 300 + Trophy GM Brewing 12/18/04
              Fletching 146 Smithing 110
              Jewel Crafting 175 Pottery 175
              Research 155 Tailoring 83
              Fishing 185

Comment

Or, if you want to view and edit Excel spreadsheets for free, download Open Office

http://www.openoffice.org

It's a big download (70Mb), but it's a complete office-type suite, developed with the Open-source community...

Comment

Obsolete!

Hello Everyone!

So I've been bad. The holidays have come and gone and I still didn't have time to upload the conditional formatting change...

But, if you were to look at the OTHER sticky in the forum, you would see a very nice program that also allows you to keep track of prices. The only bad thing about it is that you are not able to view all your spells, therefore skimming through wouldn't be easy. The programmer seems to be happy with suggestions though, so who knows, maybe even that wouldn't be an issue!

I'm pretty lazy myself, so I've asked my boyfriend to program something that would parse a character magelo file and let me view all the spells I can make and components and all that jazz that the spreadsheet allows you to do without having to manually input numbers~ (He doesn't want to write it for public view though... only way I could get him to do it was to promise it was just for my use).

Anyhow, if anyone DOES use the spreadsheet and would want me to go ahead and upload the conditional formatting, I will. I just don't want to if no one will use it. The other program is pretty awesome, and I would use it if it weren't for my boyfriend

Those who are interested in the LoY Matrix, here is a link to the post -- http://mboards.eqtraders.com/upload/...hreadid=12215, and you can also find the site to download the program!

Thanks for all your support!
                  Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

good job !

That is a fine piece of work. Congratulations.

I too have created a spreadsheet for high level research, but it does not actually contain inventory columns. Mine is strictly like this:

Column 1: every ingredient (sometimes duplicated because some classes use it for more than 1 spell)
                    Columns 2-8: each class.
                    The 'meat' of the spreadsheet says what each ingredient is for in this format: "53, Scent of Terris" which is in the necro column.

On top of each column I put pull down arrows; you can pull down the class arrow to the spell you want, and see what ingredients you need from column A (the ingredients column);
                    OR you can pull down the arrow in the ingredients column to see what spell(s) it is used for.

I also created separate tabs just for each class, incase I gave this to someone who didn't know how to use pull down arrows.

If anyone wants to see mine, send me a message and I will send it along to you...

Windru Peacekeaper, CT server
                    Bofor Shinystone, CT server, 199 research

Comment

Why wouldn't we want to see it? Feel free to use this thread, or start another =) The more that's out there, the more options people have.

Xorithra L`Amante

Comment

Hi, I've made a little change to this spreadsheet but wanted Xorithra's permission before I posted it up here. Basically I've put a button at the bottom of the screen. Once clicked you can select a magelo text file. It will use that file to read in all these spell components from that file and place the appropriate amounts in the spreadsheet. I've also added a column so that it will tell you whom has that component and how many. Let me know if anyone is interested and Xorithra let me know if it's ok and I'll post a link here.

Jiherra
                        65 druid of zeb

Comment

oh my gracious! That would save me lots of looking and clicking and typing.
                          Tanliel Ta'Eldareva
                          WebBard, Heroes of Luclin
                          300: Baker, Jeweler, Potter, Fletcher
                          250+: Brewer, Smith
                          247: Tailor

Quoth Ngreth, "It is all very mathy."

Comment

Well I cannot seem to get a hold of Xorithra to no avial. But at least one person seems like they could use the macroed sheet so I'll make it available. I only hope it helps you as much as it did me

Things you should know:
                            This pretty much will require you to use magelo's program to gather your char's information and present it in a text file so the macro can read it in.

Magelo's database seems a bit incomplete; there are three research components I could not find magelo ids for. Toharon's 18 Left, Toharon's 19, and Rune Of Zephyr. If you happen to find these ids let me know via pms or just leave a message here. If they are really not in the database then using magelo update is supposed to request them as an addition if you have the items on you.

Along with a new column for maglo id there is another new column called "Owner". Once a maglo profile has been read in it will list that person's name and how many copies they have. (Ex. Bob(3) , Tom(8) )

Click Here

Please as with anything that I ever publish here let me know if you have any problems/questions/concerns. Thanks

Jiherra
                            65 druid of zeb

Comment

Woohoo

That's awesome matchstix! I've been trying to get my boyfriend to do something like that for me with Access =) He's been putting it off though.

Figures the one day I don't skim the posts, someone actually tries to speak to me =P

Thanks for asking and thanks even more for the change and for posting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsharna
                                Or, if you want to view and edit Excel spreadsheets for free, download Open Office

http://www.openoffice.org

It's a big download (70Mb), but it's a complete office-type suite, developed with the Open-source community...
                                I don't have Excel so thought I would give this a try sense it was free. But when I load the spreadsheet under the Makeable tab columns B and C just show error messages so this programs doesn't seem to read the spreadsheet right or something.

It shows like it's suppose to with the XLviewer from Microsoft but that is just a viewer so you can't edit with it to input how many components you have.

This looks like it would be great but don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks for Excel when I wouldn't use it for anything else.

Any other cheap or free software I could try the spreadsheet with or anyone know anything about Open Office and how to get it to work with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X