Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macro a question! (blood-in-the-eyes rant.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macro a question! (blood-in-the-eyes rant.)

I hate those. I really really hate those.

You know what I'm talking about.

The people who decide to put a question in a social so that they can repetitively spam the exact same question.

Are they THAT clueless?

Do they ever think that maybe, just maybe, someone is willing to answer the question, but needs *gasp* TIME to do so? I don't know about everyone else, but if I'm dealing with mobs that smack off half of my hit points in one swing, I'm sure NOT going to answer the question immediately.

Are they inconsiderate enough to think I'm a bot?

If I can't answer your question, either partially or at all, what makes you think I want to see your question flash on my screen AGAIN? If I can't currently answer your question and you still want an answer, GO LOOK IT UP. Use Allakhazam. Use Lucy. Use the EQTraders search database. I don't care if you can only do it by logging which will take you 20 minutes before you can actually get back in the game because Windowed EQ mode screws up your computer. It makes you NOT look like braying donkey that just had a lobotomy and, more importantly, it shows that you actually RESPECT people. Your time is NOT more important than mine to me--so stop sniping unimaginative idiotic insults because I don't act like your slave and do your work for you.

Do they think people can't tell what they're doing?

You want a 250 High Elf Smith, be intelligent and look for one. Don't spam me with "Looking for a link of Blessed Full Mithril Breastplate", especially when it gets linked to you and you continue. Following up with a "so, can you make it?" is even more irritating. Especially if you're too dense to even check if I'm even on YOUR SAME SERVER. Smiths aren't the only ones that carry that armor. Maybe, I don't know, the people that WEAR the armor carry it as well? Following THAT up with a "I need it right now" is a nerve-twitcher. You don't decide when the armor gets made unless you're the one with the ~250 Blacksmithing skill. Bribing me isn't going to make me do it if I can't do it "Right Now".

If it still isn't clear, if you're asking a question and either can't be bothered to wait or aren't satisfied with the answer given, GO LOOK IT UP. I do not have to be nice to you. Demanding people to be nice is the equivalent of saying: "I'm stupid, ignore me." Sniping dumb comments about how I used to be nice is the equivalent of saying: "You mean I can't be lazy anymore and take advantage of you?"

GRRRRRRR.
    Somnabulist Meisekimu
    70 days of Coercive noctambulism (and 364 rude awakenings).

Amen...

Kirstin Thornhill
    Venerable Storm Warden
    My Tradeskills
    Ancient Fellowship ~ DRUZZIL RO (XEV) Server
    "Being cute doesn't mean being weak. It means being underestimated..."

Comment

*applaud*

--Inyidd
      Inyidd Bullneck - Dorf Waryer - Morell-Thule

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every last second of it!

Comment

Some fool asked me to make a full set of armor and link the pieces to him so he could see the stats. Yeah, right away.
        Furioso Presto - 85 bard - Saryrn
        Mohideab Kawika - 85 wizard - Saryrn
        Bashun Brakeum - 85 shaman - Saryrn

Comment

you did drop everything and run off and do it didn't you? /snicker
          Salomea Sillverfrost
          Lvl 65 Arcanist
          CoV and Coldain Faction Maxed
          Flagged for entry to Planes of Air, Water, Earth and Fire

Comment

My favorite add-on to this is when there are 3 of what they are looking for in the Bazaar for sale, and it ends up that either they dont know how to use the /bazaar interface, or are looking for a live person so they can 'haggle' down a listed price. The ones that really frost my pumpkin are those who have added a timer to the macro and are spamming while afk...try as I may, I can find no logic in this, but I see it more often than I should, heh
            Cirin Insandjis
            70 Shaman
            Caelum Infinitum
            Fennin Ro

Comment

Working...
            X