Quick question on advanced poison vials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on advanced poison vials

I recently made about 200 adv. poison vials to skill up in pottery. In posting on my server board to sell them, I was told there is no market for them, since the device that combines the vials into 5s or 10s returns the adv. vials.

Is this true, and if so, screw Verant for once again leaving the "behind the times" skillers with no player market for there wares, and ridiculously low buyback prices from the vendors.

If I had known this, I would have made casserole dishes and just destroyed the unfired ones. Cheaper in the long run.

Anyway, thanks for your help or advice,

Tat
    Tatanka WolfDancer, 105 Druid
    -- 300x7 (2100 club), 7 maxed trophies | 200 Fishing
    Snookims Whinzlow, 105 Enchanter
    -- 300 Research
    Knekt Thedots, 60 Shaman
    -- 300 Alchemy, maxed trophy
    Gneehigh Gnasty, 60 Rogue
    -- 300 Poisoncrafting, maxed trophy

Inisfree, Tunare

Yes, it is true that the poison GM item stacks poison and returns the vials.

But:
    - The rogue must have his GM trophy for this.
    - The poison combines still have to be done one after another and each combine has a chance to fail.

So, there IS a market for the vials. Go sell 'em.

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle
    Me, a rogue? Oh no, I am just a tourist, walking by.

Comment

Not to metion that it isn't Sony's fault that you didn't bother to research the market before trying to flood it. Don't know what server you're on but on Xev, they don't sell. Except for a very rare situation when you have a super advanced rogue that didn't bother to skill up or doesn't want to make his own. Highly unlikey, though not impossible.

Expecting to make money in the aftermarket on something that niche is insane. In the real world would you bother trying to market an item that only served a purpose to Left Handed Black Jewish Women? Of course not. But in game you decide to try and market an item that is only useful to highly advanced, lvl 50+, poison making rogues that didn't bother to skill pottery.

Sorry - a little bit of research would have solved your problem.

Slippyblade
      Slippyblade of Xev
      Phsychotic rogue and proud owner of the Embroidered Prayer Shawl.

Comment

The most number of vials an advanced poisoner with GM trophy will ever need is 10.

They are returned on poison combine failures, and when five or ten doses are combined in the coffin poison bottle you get the five or ten vials back.
        Tibis Heartseeker
        Veteran Deceiver of the White Rose
        Grand Master Poisoner, and not bad at pretty much everything else too (177 tailoring, 220+ all others).

Comment

OK... just to clarify in my thick Scaley (non-roguish) head...

1. When a rogue take 10 Vials of Poisons (or 5 Vials of Poisons), which were made using an Advanced Poison Vial... and combine them in the coffin poison bottle (10 Slot Tradeskill Container)

A. The Combine is NO-FAIL. It Always Succeeds
          B. The Combine returns the 10 (or 5) Advanced Poison Vials empty.

Correct?

2. If a Rogue attempts to make a Single Dose Vial of Poison that uses an Advanced Poison Vial as the container, if the attempt fails, an Empty Advanced Poison Vial is returned.

3. If a Rogue takes a Single Dose Vial of Poison (that used an Advanced Poison Vial), and applies it to his weapon (basically using it), does this return an EMPTY Advanced Poison Vial?

4. If a Rogue uses any Single Dose Vial of Poison, and applies it to his weapon, does this application return an empty vial of the type needed to make the poison?

5. There is no way at this time to combine poisons that are not of the advanced type into multiple charge versions?
          Brother Krazick Bloodyscales 65th Trial Scaley Transcendent
          Krizick 37th Kitty Tank
          --Officer of The Renegades--
          --Innoruuk Server--

Comment

1. When a rogue take 10 Vials of Poisons (or 5 Vials of Poisons), which were made using an Advanced Poison Vial... and combine them in the coffin poison bottle (10 Slot Tradeskill Container)

A. The Combine is NO-FAIL. It Always Succeeds
            B. The Combine returns the 10 (or 5) Advanced Poison Vials empty.
            Not sure about the NoFail part but B is true. Though now that I think of it, I've never failed on a Multi-Dose combine...

2. If a Rogue attempts to make a Single Dose Vial of Poison that uses an Advanced Poison Vial as the container, if the attempt fails, an Empty Advanced Poison Vial is returned.
            True. This is the case with ALL poisons though. Even the old world ones, we get the vial back on a failed combine.

3. If a Rogue takes a Single Dose Vial of Poison (that used an Advanced Poison Vial), and applies it to his weapon (basically using it), does this return an EMPTY Advanced Poison Vial?
            Nope. When a poison is actually used, the vial is gone. It is considered part of the product and is consumed.

4. If a Rogue uses any Single Dose Vial of Poison, and applies it to his weapon, does this application return an empty vial of the type needed to make the poison?
            Once again, nope. =) See above answer, it's the same.

5. There is no way at this time to combine poisons that are not of the advanced type into multiple charge versions?
            Rogues the world over would throw parties the likes of which Norath has never seen if Old World poisons could be multi-dosed. =)

Hope this helps,
            Slippyblade Lockenpick
            Slippyblade of Xev
            Phsychotic rogue and proud owner of the Embroidered Prayer Shawl.

Comment

Hi all 65 rogue here with the GM Assassins SEAL not vial and 250 skill. The vial is the first Gm trophy but for rogues this is the first step for the REAL trophy the Seal. You have to have the GM vial to start the quest for the Seal. The vial is good to get your bag but in the end you have to turn in the vial to get the seal which in turns summons the coffin bottles to make your 5 and 10 dose poisons.

When u combine 10 or 5 single doses in the coffin bottle you always get your advanced poison vials back empty and ready to reuse and and a nice 5 or 10 shot of poison. However if you use a single shot i.e. apply the single shot you do not get your advanced poison vial back. I hope that answers some questions.

Now as for the quest and all the other all important details i left out because it would take far too much to say in a single post; I have your one stop shop for all your poison questions which is at this site-

http://home.comcast.net/~corinari/index.htm

Righty Threefinger
              Last edited by Righty; 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X