Jeweler's Glass Lens recipe broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeweler's Glass Lens recipe broken?

Sixteen-odd combines with 300 skill, +12% trophy, and JCM 2 and I can't manage to produce a Jeweler's Glass Lens. Is it just me, or is the recipe broken at the moment?

That's intended to simulate a tedious 'polishing' process.
    Roanne LeFaye
    Warrior Barbarian of the Tribunal
    Outsider Domination
    The Seventh Hammer
    2100 Club + 300 melee Research

Comment

took me many trys as well but it worked eventually

Comment

If the recipe combines, not sure how you think it could be broken.

Also, considering net loss is 1 powder per combine, it is not like you have a big loss from having to repeat the combine.

There is a hard-coded success cap on this combine for the reason Roanne mentioned above.
        Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
        Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Your actually lucky, it took me in excess of 30 combines to get mine.

Comment

took me ten or eleven combines, but yes i was starting to wonder what was wrong failing so much on such a low trivial.

Comment

That is the problem with the site

It totally misses the part in the book that explains why this may be happening to you.
              Ngreth Thergn

Ngreth nice Ogre. Ngreth not eat you. Well.... Ngreth not eat you if you still wiggle!
              Grandmaster Smith 250
              Master Tailor 200
              Ogres not dumb - we not lose entire city to froggies

Comment

At least it is noted on the recipe page

Notes: This has a very high failure rate even when very trivial. According to Dev-Ngreth this is to emulate "the need to keep grinding it to match YOUR eyesight".
                Master Artisan Hidron
                Veritable Quandary
                Drinal

Comment

only took me 12 tries. I must just be that good
                Thulack
                95 Halfling Ranger on Cazic Thule Server
                Baking(300)+15% Trophy, Brewing(300)+15% Trophy, Fletching(300)+15% Trophy, Jewelcrafting(300)+15% Trophy, Pottery(300)+12% Trophy, Smithing(300) +15% Trophy, Tailoring(300)+15% Trophy
                Formerly Antimony Raventhorne Merchant of No Levels

Comment

It took me something like 5 tries the other day, with no skill modifiers in the low 250's.

Comment

RE: Jeweler's Glass Lens recipe broken?

Got it on my first try. It is possible.
                    Ninden, 77 Rogue, proud member of Shining Alliance

Boramur Soulforge, 56 Knight

Comment

It took me a while to find a thread on this subject.

I came back to EQ after 3 years and of course, had to learn about JC all over again. This ONE item has been frustrating but I now see the reason behind the madness.

.......... HOWEVER...........

I made a Jewelers Glass and the Lens I made (after about 12 attempts) was "consumed" in the process. Now I have the Jewelers Glass and it is No Trade but Stackable? That suggests it also is consummable in the combines where it is used, and it IS going to be used starting with trivials 174 and up into the 400's.

Ok, when you are facing both the making of JC items and doing combines to evolve the trophy to effectively raise your skill/ability above 300, then why do I have to combine a trivial 50 item many, many times to get the item to make a Jewelers Glass which will be consumed in your higher end combines? Wasn't the idea of trivials established to mean we have passed a point in our skill where making this is a far easier process than having to sweat bullets to make 1 really tough item? Just trying to get enough Jewelers Glasses to make 100 combines later on, should not force me to make 300-500 clicks on a trivial 50 item just to get the 100 lenses to make the 100 Jewelers Glasses.

From a "roleplaying" point of view, I can see the logic. However, then shouldnt the Glas be non-consummable? All that work to make a lens and glass specifically for your vision, and you have to make a new one for every single new gem you cut?

I am hoping I am misunderstanding something here, and the logic to make it is fine, but if my guesswork is that the jewelers Glass is used up per combine/cut of gem, then the logic fails me and we are back into a roadblock placed in the process by well meaning developers who do not think things through very well.

/rant off.

Comment

For some reason, this replied far up the thread instead of to the most recent post.

Just ignore this.
                        Last edited by Xerius; 07-13-2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: The post went awry

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblebore View Post
                          I am hoping I am misunderstanding something here, and the logic to make it is fine, but if my guesswork is that the jewelers Glass is used up per combine/cut of gem, then the logic fails me and we are back into a roadblock placed in the process by well meaning developers who do not think things through very well.
                          /rant off.
                          Since it is not consumed though in any combine I have done so far, it is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblebore View Post
                            I came back to EQ after 3 years and of course, had to learn about JC all over again. This ONE item has been frustrating but I now see the reason behind the madness.

.......... HOWEVER...........

I made a Jewelers Glass and the Lens I made (after about 12 attempts) was "consumed" in the process. Now I have the Jewelers Glass and it is No Trade but Stackable? That suggests it also is consummable in the combines where it is used, and it IS going to be used starting with trivials 174 and up into the 400's.

Ok, when you are facing both the making of JC items and doing combines to evolve the trophy to effectively raise your skill/ability above 300, then why do I have to combine a trivial 50 item many, many times to get the item to make a Jewelers Glass which will be consumed in your higher end combines? Wasn't the idea of trivials established to mean we have passed a point in our skill where making this is a far easier process than having to sweat bullets to make 1 really tough item? Just trying to get enough Jewelers Glasses to make 100 combines later on, should not force me to make 300-500 clicks on a trivial 50 item just to get the 100 lenses to make the 100 Jewelers Glasses.

From a "roleplaying" point of view, I can see the logic. However, then shouldnt the Glas be non-consummable? All that work to make a lens and glass specifically for your vision, and you have to make a new one for every single new gem you cut?

/rant off.
                            The jewelers glass is a tool. It is returned on both a success or a failure of the combine.
                            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

• Working...
                              X