This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAA Shopping list

Ok I got sick of people asking me for a list of the AAAA's so they could bring me the stuff so guess what I went out and MADE one THIS list does not take into account any failures neat info there are 2524 base items to make one of these bad boys! BRING lots of bags! clear out your bank and maybe have your guild bank on hand!

Store bought parts
    Greasex2
    Metal Shaftx1
    Metal Fasteningx1
    Metal Rodx1
    Gearsx7
    Gnomish Boltsx1
    Mana Battery - Class Six x1
    Vegetablesx1
    Water Flaskx5
    Platinum Barx4
    Poison Vialx4
    Blue Diamondx3
    Diamondx1
    Emeraldx1
    Rubyx17
    Jar of Acidx2
    Celestial Solventx2
    The Scent of Marrx2
    Planing Toolx1
    Platinum Threadx3
    Gnomish Heat Sourcex1652
    High Quality Carbon Powderx385
    Small Brick of Refined High Quality Orex385
    Latch Moldx1
    Hinge Moldx2

DROPPED parts
    Clockwork Gnome Boltsx5
    Clockwork Pinion Gearx7
    Clockwork Gnome Gearx2
    Clockwork Gnome Springx1
    Small Clockwork Screwsx1
    Small Clockwork Shaftx2
    Clockwork Gnome Shaftx2
    Tiny Clockwork Shaftx9
    Innovative Clockwork Gearsx1
    Glowgemx1
    Glowrockx1
    Glowstonex1
    Clockwork Gearx1
    Coiled Springx1
    Corathus Entrailsx2
    Shadowmane Peltx1
    Shiliskin Bonesx1
    Last edited by tynk; 03-22-2007, 03:06 PM.

I dont want to be too critical...you put a lot of work into generating your list.

Theoretically, Blue Diamonds, Diamonds, Gears, Rubies, Emeralds, Mana Batteries and suppose even Water Flasks and The Scent of Marr are all droppable....

I also question why you use small bricks of refined HQ ore? I only did the maths quickly, but I am pretty sure you are paying a 50% premium and possibly doing more combines using only small bricks. If you want to be ultra picky, you would also have to do the ore quest twice to reset the vendor to get enough small bricks.

I dont know whether it helps or not, but I make my AAAA boxes 3 at a time. The first stage is to prepare all of the blocks of steel by buying 400 large bricks of refined HQ ore, 2800 Gnomish Heat Sources and 1200 Carbon Powder. You will need to reset the vendor 4 times obviously, but the Mucktail Gnolls are very obliging with unrefined bricks. With failures this should be very close to the desired number of blocks to make 3 AAAA boxes, at an approximate steel cost of 10k plat per box.

Comment

Here's a list posted last year . The link in it is still active.
      Lanimelle Asterius
      Enchanter - Quellious Server
      2100 Club Member

Comment

I have made tons and tons of these boxes.

Using the large AND blocks of refined ore is the way to go. You can get 200 large bricks per vendor restock.

Oh and for 200 large bricks you need 600 carbon powder thingies and exactly 56 stacks of GHS.
        http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1154679
        300 Alchemist
        300 Baker
        300 Brewer
        300 Pottery
        300 Jewlery Maker
        300 Smithing
        300 Fletching
        300 Tailoring

Comment

Originally posted by Looka View Post
          I have made tons and tons of these boxes.

Using the large AND blocks of refined ore is the way to go. You can get 200 large bricks per vendor restock.

Oh and for 200 large bricks you need 600 carbon powder thingies and exactly 56 stacks of GHS.
          So, using the Large bricks and blocks, do you have do the combines to convert them into small, and then into steel?

I will investigate further later, I guess.
          Rawckett Launcher
          79 Gnome Wizard of Sol Ro / Bristlebane
          300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

steel

Rawckett,

There is a recipe for converting large bricks directly into steel, the process of converting blocks into large bricks requires only a chisel (blocks are a little more expensive than 2 large bricks but personally I will pay it so I only have to reset the vendor half as much).

Comment

If it is less clicking as well, then I am game for it.
              Rawckett Launcher
              300 Tinkerer; 287 Jeweler; 258 Brewer; 240 Blacksmith; 237 Fletcher; 208 Potter; 204 Baker; 200 Fisherman; 193 Researcher; 183 Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by tynk View Post
                Store bought parts
                Gnomish Heat Sourcex1652
                High Quality Carbon Powderx385
                Small Brick of Refined High Quality Orex385
                I believe it is only:

381 - Small Brick of Refined High Quality Ore
                381 - High Quality Carbon Powder
                1,134 - Gnomish Heat Source

Actually, you are going to always need 3 Small Brick of Refined High Quality Ore to make the 3 Small Piece of High Quality Steel used in the 2 High Quality Hinges and 1 High Quality Latch.

Thus, you need either:

378 - Small Brick of Refined High Quality Ore

or

126 - Large Brick of Refined High Quality Ore

or

63 - Block of Refined High Quality Ore

The cost being:

7,938 for Large
                9,545 for Blocks
                10,017 for Small
                Last edited by Rawckett; 05-04-2007, 12:17 PM. Reason: type
                Rawckett Launcher

Comment

I'm working on putting an AAAA together. I would like to do all the high quality ore combines at one sitting. The questions I have are:

1) Does all the high quality ore get turned into blocks of high quality steel (except for the 3 small pieces mentioned earlier)?

2) How many of each size high quality steel sheet do you need to make?

Danedori

Comment

Assuming that you are making just one box, and that your pieces of HQ steel are coming from small bricks. All of the ore you purchase is converted to steel;

You need 24 small plates of high quality steel (24 blocks = 72 large bricks = 72 ore)
                    You need 3 plates of high quality steel (6 blocks = 18 large bricks = 18 ore)
                    You need 4 large plates of high quality steel (12 blocks = 72 large bricks = 72 ore)

You will need to reset the ore merchant twice (assuming he has none when you find him) in order to purchase 162 large bricks of unrefined HQ ore. Slightly more expensive, but you could buy small/blocks if you dont want to reset the vendor.

These combines have about a 1% or 2% failure rate (bricks to blocks to plates) so to be safe you should probably aim for an extra 4 or 5 blocks of HQ steel.

Comment

I have made many 4A boxes im a lil confused though . I cant recall using gnomish bolts or greese what are they for ?

Comment

Grease: used to make gem cutter. Need only 1 (2 if you make cam rather than buy from vendor)

Gnomish bolts are used in bow cam for making gem cutter, not needed if you buy the cam from vendor.

So one time deal and as long as you keep the gem cutter, you can strike the grease and bolt off the shopping list.

Grolyn Blacknife
                        Beastlord
                         T:7
                         M:0
                         T:6
                         M:1
                        Fletching:
                         M:2
                        Zira Blacknife
                        Shaman
                        Maelin Starpyre
                        Vazaelle
                        Reiseraa
                        Necro
                        Research:

Comment

ahhh Thank you , didnt think of that . hehe i have had the gem cutter for quite some time .

Comment

I actually buy all the ore off the merchant big small ugly dont matter to me!

Then I make blocks till im so bored i cant stand it.

reset the ore guy
                            50 blocks of refined high quality refined ore 7760 pp(rounded up)
                            turns into 100 bricks of high quality refined ore (50 clicks)
                            turns into 100 bricks high quality steel by adding 300 GHS and 300 HQCP(100 clicks)
                            turns into 33 blocks of high quality steel by adding 66 ghs and (leftover 1 large brick of HQS)(33 clicks)

50 blocks takes 366 GHS and 300 HQCP and produces 33 blocks of high quality ore 1 large brick of high quality steel in 183 clicks) at a cost of 7760 pp+450pp(GHS rounded up),3150 pp for HQCP(rounded up) = 11360 pp to make from 50 blocks of refined high quality a quantity of 33 blocks of high quality steel.

100 large bricks of high quality refined ore 6300 pp(rounded up)(I will edit with figures later)
                            200 small bricks of high quality refined ore 5250 pp(rounded up)(I will edit with figures later)
                            30 slots filled
                            Last edited by tynk; 02-09-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to Share a Spreadsheet that will help you track your AAAA parts/supplies inventory.

AAAA Inventory spreadsheet

Note: some of the formulas and formatting were not 100% because Editgrid does not support .xlsx files. Updated the .xls version

Master Artisan Chryses
                              Last edited by Chryses; 05-28-2009, 11:49 AM. Reason: Editgrid does not support .xlsx updated the .xls

Comment

Working...
                              X