Returning and need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning and need advice

It looks like smithing is now directed at items of the smith's own race? I want to make stuff for my lvl 69 human Inny cleric. He has enough AA's to get BS mastery 3. I also have a 200 skill ogre with mastery 3 and a 240 skill, lvl 25 human. I play on Test Server so bazaar is not an option. Suggestions on how to get gear on the cleric are needed please.
    Forget smithing and loot some gear.
    Use the lvl 25 smith, assume he will need mastery 3 though and level up to get recipe books.
    Level the 69 cleric's smithing skill.
    234 smith, 212 jewelry, 212 brewing, 150 pottery, 200 poison

If your only intent is to gear up a level 69 human cleric, the cultural gear will not be very powerful for you. You can only put two of the three augments into that gear unless you're raiding for the components for type 12 augs and have a tinker to make AAAAs for you. The templates are definitely a good skill up path, but the end armor doesn't really make sense until you get past the type 12 3rd aug slot which is the Stalwart line of cultural gear with a required level of 81. I'm pretty sure that up until you can actually get UF or HoT armor defiant gear will give you the most power. If power isn't what you're after and you're RPing or something, then yes. You have to get the skill to see the books to make the armor with an unmodified skill of 300 to see the Stalwart and higher books.
    Aanuvane Bristlecone - Druid - Povar via Quellious via Rodcet Nife
    AKA Muertenie, Melodee, Orelinde, Nounie, Gnomess, Cininea Ashryn, Mairede or a host of additional alts. Maybe also be found on Rabon, Kynsh or Atracker.

Comment

Thanks, just what I was looking for.
      234 smith, 212 jewelry, 212 brewing, 150 pottery, 200 poison

Comment

Something else to consider, if you are going for maxing smithing, it is imperative that you do the trophy tasks now, or at the very least, get the tasks before you advance any more points. When fully evolved, the trophy gives the best bonus to your skill. The higher the skill you start with, the more difficult the trophy task will become (it is tiered based on your current skill).

Also, in order to save some money when skilling up, Salvage AA is almost a must. At 69 you'll only be able to get to 3/6 (I think).
        Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
        Smithing 300 7/7
        Tailoring 300 7/7
        Fletching 300 7/7
        Pottery 300 6/7
        Baking 300 7/7
        Brewing 300 6/7
        Jewelry 300 6/7
        Dagnora Drakkin
        Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

I am returning after a three year hiatus and am a Master Smith, I think 300 is still the maximum skill level, what can I do to improve my chances to smith high trivial items i.e. 500+?

Comment

Originally posted by woodlin View Post
            I am returning after a three year hiatus and am a Master Smith, I think 300 is still the maximum skill level, what can I do to improve my chances to smith high trivial items i.e. 500+?

Three things, should you not already done them.
            1. The AA's (under General) for the specific trade, that is, smithing
            2. In the case of a fail, you will want the Salvage AA's
            3. The maxed smithing trophy, started by trade skill quest in West Freeport.

Comment

Originally posted by Paloverde View Post
              Three things, should you not already done them.
              1. The AA's (under General) for the specific trade, that is, smithing
              2. In the case of a fail, you will want the Salvage AA's
              3. The maxed smithing trophy, started by trade skill quest in West Freeport.
              Thanks I have only completed the salvage AAs will get the other ones done now.

Comment

Working...
              X