Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elegant/Stalwart/Sublime/Venerable require 300.

Elaborate/Eminent requires 275.

I forget what the minimum skill requirement is for Ornate/Sacred.
    Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
    Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Dunno if it has been mentioned before but the trivial listed in the "Dropped Route" Tailoring for Rough Hilt Wrap indicated 122 and the trivial as of 7/29/10 is 112.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizabelle View Post
        Dunno if it has been mentioned before but the trivial listed in the "Dropped Route" Tailoring for Rough Hilt Wrap indicated 122 and the trivial as of 7/29/10 is 112.
        Fixed and thanks!
        Mikaal Drazzminius
        Tier'Dal Necromancer
        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
        Necrotalk Admin
        EQ Traders Super Moderator
        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Finding cultural silks and leathers in the bazaar may have been a good option in past years, but lately with tons of people trying to get TS's to 300 for the shawl, and with the declining population of people who bother to put vendors up at all, this isn't a very practical path.

An alternative route to 252 skill is Epicthieck's Power belt (252) which then combines again to get Small Epicthieck's Power Bel(252). Two combines per drop.

This involves farming : Corathus Entrails, however these can be farmed extremely easily in an instance: Find Fibblebrap 1: The Mines. Enter the instance, go down the first elevator, and you will be attacked by about 18 extremely low level mobs (make sure you have no DS or you may lose bodies due to not doing any real damage before they kill themselves). Loot these, which drop entrails at a decent rate, average 8 per instance, drop instance, repeat. It is possible to clear the rest of the instance for a few more entrails, but I found it very time consuming and unproductive, I got one entrail on an entire clear... and its also possible to accidentally succeed at the task and so lock yourself out of getting the instance for a few hours! Farming only the initial mobs takes about 4 minutes per cycle and half of that time spent just running back to get instance again and running to instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Berg View Post
            Finding cultural silks and leathers in the bazaar may have been a good option in past years, but lately with tons of people trying to get TS's to 300 for the shawl, and with the declining population of people who bother to put vendors up at all, this isn't a very practical path.
            I'd have to say that this may vary by Server. On Povar-Quellious, I've been Bazaar Farming Silks and Spinnerets lately to finish up my Fletching Trophy and have had no problem locating the silks (I run out of plat more often than silk options). Granted, the silks are going for more now than previously (I pay 20-50 pp per silk and 50-125 pp per spinneret), but all in all it is still a very viable means, in my opinion. The thing is, you can't sell the final product to a vendor and the market for them in the Bazaar is fairly low, but they make great Tribute items (from 64-196 per Bow, in this case). Silk Templates on the other hand CAN be sold to a vendor and both the template and the final product can be used for Tribute, also.
            Mikaal Drazzminius
            Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
            Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Added Cultural Fletching.

Need recipes for Reaching Symbols other than what's already in the Database.
              Mikaal Drazzminius
              Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
              Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Added Reaching Symbols as a skill-up path for Fletching.
                Mikaal Drazzminius
                Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                Necrotalk Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post
                  I'm working on one that fits the formatting I've put together here, but until then, the following applies (already listed in Spell Research above):

Alternative Route (Tomes):
                  0 - Level Guildmaster training
                  ..54 Crescent Reach Newbie Research
                  102 Oil of Vitrol
                  120 Fine Runic Papyrus Solution
                  144 Parchment Solution
                  172 Level 55 Tomes
                  174 Fine Parchment Solution
                  203 Vellum Parchment Solution
                  216 Fine Vellum Parchment Solution
                  243 Runic Parchment Solution
                  258 Level 56 Tomes
                  298 Level 61 Tomes
                  331 Level 65 Tomes
                  Suggest that you include "Vial of Muratic Acid" trivial 102, which would be made at the same time as the "Oil of Vitrol". The acid combine would use the "Oil of Vitrol" - this is a good conservation of materials and cheap 2nd combine.

also - as a returning player, my level 69 monk with research skill 0 was boosted to research 73 when I added 1 training point to research with crescent reach monk guildmaster. So I think where your skill start is dependant on the monks level, you just needt to train the first point. (wasn't able to use research container until after I trained the point).
                  Last edited by gnormy; 08-08-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gnormy View Post
                    Suggest that you include "Vial of Muratic Acid" trivial 102, which would be made at the same time as the "Oil of Vitrol". The acid combine would use the "Oil of Vitrol" - this is a good conservation of materials and cheap 2nd combine.
                    Added. As for the Guildmaster, it's always been a "First Point = Current Level" type thing. Not sure if I really need to put it in each of the skills.
                    Mikaal Drazzminius
                    Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                    Necrotalk Admin

Comment

I would like to propose you add Desiccated Treant Recurve Bow with a trivial of 298 instead of the laminated version. The recurves don't require battle bow cams (more farming) or the extra work of laminating As a matter of fact, I would avoid laminating all together and finish the last 2 points with either Oak Treant Compound Bow or Desiccated Treant Compound Bow.

Also, you could add Oak Treant Recurve Bow trivial 291. When you are farming for branches you are going to get these along with the Dry Treant Branch (and also the straight treant branch, but that non-battle cam bow is only 278).
                      Jinaabi Vah Shir - Bristlebane
                      Smithing 300 7/7
                      Tailoring 300 7/7
                      Fletching 300 7/7
                      Pottery 300 6/7
                      Baking 300 7/7
                      Brewing 300 6/7
                      Jewelry 300 6/7
                      Dagnora Drakkin
                      Poison Making 300 7/7

Comment

I just wanted to say how awesome this guide has been.
                        Siwel Cire - Povar (Originally Quellious)
                        85 Wood Elf Ranger - Vinceremo
                        100% Salvage Potion FREE!

Salvage 6/6
                        Baking - 267/300 +8% Mastery 3/3
                        Blacksmithing - 300 +12% Mastery 3/3
                        Brewing - 182 +4% Mastery 0/3
                        Fletching - 268 +8% Mastery 0/3
                        Jewel Crafting - 31 Mastery 0/3
                        Pottery - 173 Mastery 0/3
                        Research - 0 Hybrid Research 0/10
                        Tailoring - 300 +12% Mastery 3/3

Comment

Glad it's been of help to you! It's a great compilation of all the work of MANY individuals!
                          Mikaal Drazzminius
                          Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                          Necrotalk Admin

Comment

With the changes that have come out since the last "major" revision to this list, and a new expansion looming, I am wondering if a new version, revision may be needed.

For the most part though, we seem to only be adding alternative ways to skill up, and are not seeing any new groundbreaking skill up routes so it may not be required, will have to wait and see what HoT has to offer.
                            Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
                            Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

From the little bits of info I've been able to gleam from Beta, there doesn't appear to be any major impact on Tradeskills with the new expansion, other than our level 7 trophy bags automatically converting to new 12 slot bags (which is huge, in my opinion).

As far as a version 6.2 or even 7.0, I'm willing to redo the entire Guide and prepare it for launch - just tell me what people want.
                              Mikaal Drazzminius
                              Tier'Dal Necromancer

Master Artisan
                              Necrotalk Admin

Comment

actually on the fletching part it may be a bit more farming to make all the laminated bows, but if you think about it on a per branch basis, the unlaminated bows give you a 1-1 ratio of potential (1 branch to 1 combine with a high trivial) while the laminated version gives you a 3-4 ratio (3 branches = 4 combines with a high trivial)

Comment

Working...
                                X