Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Tradeskill Guide 5.0 (rev.10/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I didn't think I lost 115pp per sellback, but I don't know if my woodelfness and high charisma helped me out or not. I really didn't keep track of the money though (typical female that I am!). I was too busy combining, selling, buying more, rinse, repeat lol.

Comment

Best path for JC 260 to max 15% trophy is Uncut Black Sapphire, Uncut Rubelite, Raw Shimmering Nihilite. I setup a buyer for these items and paid like 20pp for the uncut gems and 50pp for the RSN (because it turns into 2-3 Shimmering Nihilite). Bought enough to max my enchanters skill and trophy in one sitting. Then hadned the extras to my wife who proceeded to max her warrior and cleric and still had a couple hundred Shimmering Nihilites left.

Skill up rates and trophy improve rates are very high on Trilion Cut Shimmering Nihilite.

My theory to maxing skills is patience in buying and obsession in leveling. When I sit down to grind tradeskills I plan to max whatever I'm working. If I don't think I have the provisions for it, I'll wait. To max JC I think I had a little over 1,000 combines of the above items. Skill was at 298 and trophy was at 12%, and had plenty left over as I said.

Most obsessive tradeskiling I've ever done was Tinkering from 50 to 300 and max trophy in one day. But that was very expensive and time consuming. hehe

Comment

Ore Skill-ups

Ore Barbs:
        (just combine ore with file in a forge)

..62 - Thalium Barbs
        112 - Fulginate Barbs
        184 - Rhenium Barbs
        222 - Cobalt Barbs
        242 - Titanium Barbs
        255 - Tantalum Barbs
        268 - Vanadium Barbs

Chainmail Gloves Template Patterns
        :
        (Chainmail Gloves Template Pattern (1g4c), Metal Tempering Chemicals (1g4c)=2g8c/combine + Smithy Hammer, specific ore and coal)
        [ie: Buy Thalium in the Bazaar for 5pp each. Total cost per combine would be 5p+2p4g1s1c+2g8c=7p6g1s9c per combine. Rhenium for 50pp each = 50p+32p6g2c+2g8c=82p9g per combine]

..Triv- Ore type - Coal Type (Price)
        ..22 - Tin Ore - Crude (1g4c)
        ..42 - Iron - Natural (4g4s6c)
        ..67 - Silvril - Sulfurous (1p1g2c)
        ..92 - Thalium - Brown (2p4g1s4c)
        127 - Iridium - Nitrous (5p3s9c)
        160 - Fulginate - Dull Black (12p9g1s4c)
        198 - Rubicite - Brown Nitrous (18p1g6s4c)
        236 - Indium - Dark Brown (23p4g1s4c)
        274 - Rhenium - Black Nitrous (32p6g2c)
        312 - Tungsten - Lustrous Black (49p6g6s4c)
        350 - Cobalt - Toluene (65p4g1s4c)
        388 - Titanium - Anthracite (99p5g3s9c)
        426 - Tantalum - Bituminous (131p3s9c)
        Mikaal Drazzminius
        Tier'Dal Necromancer
        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
        Necrotalk Admin
        EQ Traders Super Moderator
        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

JC to 170

Id recommend the following for JC

Freebie Quest to 54
          Round Cut Malachite 60
          Round cut Lapis Lazuli 64
          Round Cut Turquoise 68
          Round Cut Hematite 72
          Round cut Cat's Eye agate 75
          Round Cut Onyx 79
          Round Cut Jasper 83
          Round Cut Carnelian 87
          Round Cut Star Rose quartz 91
          Round Cut Wolf's eye Agate 95

Trilion Cut Bloodstone 174

Cut stones do have a sellback rate now and with a 150 Intel, 101 Charisma that path cost less than 400pp when just doing the recommended path the metal bars cost nearly 1.5k for just the skillups from 110 to 154 ( gold bloodstone necklace).

At minimum someone needs to put a big note on the JC part of the guide that JC has been very revamped since that path was recommended.
          Last edited by Grizabelle; 04-02-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakespeer View Post
            Smithing
            163 - 168 Fine Plate Bracer (If you dont want to make Fine Plate, you can skip it to make Enchanted Velium Bits instead)
            It may be better to go for Fine Plate Collar instead to get up to 166. The Plate Bracer Mold is 5 plat while the Plate Gorget Mold is only 7 gold. If you are lucky and get 19 out of 20 success, you lose only 1 or 2 plat by selling the collars back to the vendor for 21 plat depending on your faction and charisma.

Ore costs 20 plat and water + mold is around 8 gold. Even my Iksar (not the most liked of races) can sell the collars back for a 1 plat per collar profit in CR. Better faction and charisma would probably recoup the loss of 1 for every 20 combines.

My only gripe is that I prefer to manufacture rather than fight but once you hit close to 200, it becomes very level dependant. I'm getting bored with constantly fighting mobs with my character now at 60 but later combines require drops from higher level mobs which forces you to level up to farm them I want a break from combat which is why I want to do my tradeskills.

It may also be worth pointing out that the Enchanted Velium Pieces are lore items so you can only have one at a time in your inventory. They are no trade so all you can do is destroy them after making them. At 11 plat a time for the temper and spell, that can get quite expensive even if you farm the velium, so this is a 100% loss whether you successfully combine or not. I would personally go straight to the next step so you can at least sell what you manage to combine sucessfully and cut down on your lesses.
            Last edited by Tryst; 05-27-2009, 04:28 AM. Reason: Additional

Comment

Originally posted by Stewwy View Post
              Skill up rates and trophy improve rates are very high on Trilion Cut Shimmering Nihilite.
              I would argue this point. Either you got extremely lucky or I got extremely unlucky, or both. I only ended up with 7 skill-ups off 600 combines making Trilion Cut Shimmering Nihilite.

I've been saving up (just over 350 Raw Shimmering Nihilite) for another push to 300 and to max out the trophy (this will be my third 300 JC, but it is my tinker bot and it will save me a bunch of sorting hassle maxing out his skill and trophy).

Bottom line, I don't think there is anything special about the Trilion Cut Shimmering Nihilite recipe.

Originally posted by Tryst View Post
              It may also be worth pointing out that the Enchanted Velium Pieces are lore items so you can only have one at a time in your inventory. They are no trade so all you can do is destroy them after making them. At 11 plat a time for the temper and spell, that can get quite expensive even if you farm the velium, so this is a 100% loss whether you successfully combine or not. I would personally go straight to the next step so you can at least sell what you manage to combine sucessfully and cut down on your lesses.
              Now that there are cheaper options your discussion point is mostly valid. Prior to the Smithing/Tailoring revamp (aka global drop surplus) this was by far the best route to push from 165 (modified) to 222 (unmodified) skill. Even now it is still a very reasonable route, even with the no sell back.

Gorse

Comment

Is anyone else bothered by the pay pal?

Comment

Working...
                X