Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Tradeskill Guide 5.0 (rev.10/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing major, buy you have Velium blue diamond listed as all store bought, but BD's are drops and not store bought.

Comment

Thank you very much for this, it is incredibly helpfull

Comment

Thanks

Would like to thank everyone that has helped make this site a excellent source for tradeskill info. Have not used it in a year truthfully. I'm a soldier in US Army and didn't have bandwidth to play EQ and had to go to WoW now will be back in about one week. have 4 tradeskill at 300 Baking, Brewing, Pottery, Jewelrycraft. since I've been away along time what would you suggest me to do next. research 200, tailoring 192, smithing 189, fishing 200.
        70 Mag EUR. Any guidance would really help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by lachsgummi View Post
          Would like to thank everyone that has helped make this site a excellent source for tradeskill info. Have not used it in a year truthfully. I'm a soldier in US Army and didn't have bandwidth to play EQ and had to go to WoW now will be back in about one week. have 4 tradeskill at 300 Baking, Brewing, Pottery, Jewelrycraft. since I've been away along time what would you suggest me to do next. research 200, tailoring 192, smithing 189, fishing 200.
          Whatever you think would be fun to do.

I think if you wanted the one to get the most benefit yourself out of would be tailoring. You will be able to make yourself some nice armor when you get to the upper end of the skill. Research is also a lot easier than it used to be to raise so that might be another option you could take. Fishing caps at 200 still so you are done with that. Also, make sure to read up on all the changes to JC before you look to help people out and try and make anything. The revamp made it very different from what you are probably used to.
          Shawlweaver Sphynx on Cazic Thule
          Master Artisan Aldier on Cazic Thule

Comment

Originally posted by lachsgummi View Post
            Smithing and Tailoring received some dramatic changes while you have been gone. Start farming global loots for both as you work on getting back into the swing of things. Tailoring can offer some nice upgrades once you reach the appropriate skill (and complete associated tasks). Both at least mirror the old cultural system.

Research underwent major changes as well and all/almost all of the old research combines are disabled. Read up in the Research forum to learn about the changes.

You might want to re-learn the Jewelry Crafting system too (again, read the forum for specifics). Almost all of the old combines are now gone as well.

Don't forget fletching.

Gorse

Comment

the spell research post needs a bit of tweaking...

Can we get some mention of binding powders used in spell research please?

thank you

Comment

WOW very nice guide!! Very impressive

Comment

very nicely done!

Thank you Shakespear for this complete Trade skill Development package...
                  It's obvious the amount of work you put into this...

thanx again

Comment

Binding Powder Progression

Originally posted by Cantarle View Post
                    Can we get some mention of binding powders used in spell research please?

thank you
                    Crude Enchanted Spell Parchment (Crude Binding Powder - Triv 58)
                    Makeshift Enchanted Spell Parchment (Makeshift Binding Powder - Triv 83)
                    Elementary Enchanted Spell Parchment (Elementary Binding Powder - Triv 118)
                    Modest Enchanted Spell Parchment (Modest Binding Powder - Triv 152)
                    Simple Enchanted Spell Parchment (Simple Binding Powder - Triv 192)
                    Enchanted Spell Parchment (Binding Powder - Triv 232)
                    Refined Enchanted Spell Parchment (Refined Binding Powder - Triv 272)
                    Intricate Enchanted Spell Parchment (Intricate Binding Powder - Triv 312)
                    Elaborate Enchanted Spell Parchment (Elaborate Binding Powder - Triv 352)
                    Ornate Enchanted Spell Parchment (Ornate Binding Powder - Triv 392)
                    Runed Enchanted Spell Parchment (Rune Binding Powder - Triv 432)
                    Mikaal Drazzminius
                    Tier'Dal Necromancer
                    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merger

Master Artisan
                    Necrotalk Admin
                    EQ Traders Super Moderator
                    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Very nice Guide!!! my 2cp for N00b's like me.

Higher levels help a LOT(55+). What I do for all my toons (TSS req) i do all the trade skill tasks for any/all trade skill in Crescent Reach which gives you Triv 54 for FREE . Then I get the Trophy('s). Generally the trophy evolves to or beyond the skill mod of geerlok (and they don't stack) by the point when the combines get expensive. And I almost always unequipped the trophy and triv the combine again before going to the next combine. Generally the next combine will require more plat or farming or both.

Comment

Originally posted by blueraven View Post
                        And I almost always unequipped the trophy and triv the combine again before going to the next combine. Generally the next combine will require more plat or farming or both.
                        This is not necessary.

If you are 200 skill with a 5% mod (geerlok or journeyman trophy) your modified skill will be 210. You can have a modified skill of 210 and still gain skill ups and experience for your trophy (assuming its within the 100 point restriction) on any non-trivial combine above your RAW skill.

Comment

Another alternative, if you're already planning to fish in DoDh, is
                          Mossmatt Mead(triv 268)
                          to bridge the gap between Minotaur Hero Brew and Fish Fungus Wine.

Comment

Excellent Guide!

Since you seem to know about alchemy, cold you tell me if the recipe list posted elsewhere on this site is current or out of date? I posted on the alchemy boards, and none of the 39 peeps who read my message seemed to know.

Thanks,

Deb

Comment

This info is incorrect, items used for the " Expert Mechanist Test "

Create 1 Mana Battery - Class One using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 4 Stalking Probe using tradeskills. (Deliver 4)
                              Create 1 Base Prototype using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 2 Nantik's Anti-gravity Unit using tradeskills. (Deliver 2)
                              Create 1 Collapsed Mortar And Pestle using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 1 Grandmaster Tinker's Spanner using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 1 Clockwork Watchman Gauntlets using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 1 Collapsed Toolkit using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 1 Steam-powered Piston using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                              Create 1 Anizok's Gauze Press using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)

Need to remove the ( 1 ) Steam-Powered Piston and replace it with a Collapsed Gnomish Recharging Kit. I found out the hard way after making a few pistons hoping the requirement was off, but ended up petitioning since all sites with this quest information says it requires the piston. GM was able to confirm that is wrong and that it dose indeed need the recharging kit.

Expert Mechanist Test completed 3-15-08 and Expert Trophy obtained.

Zilix.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilix View Post
                                This info is incorrect, items used for the " Expert Mechanist Test "

Create 1 Mana Battery - Class One using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 4 Stalking Probe using tradeskills. (Deliver 4)
                                Create 1 Base Prototype using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 2 Nantik's Anti-gravity Unit using tradeskills. (Deliver 2)
                                Create 1 Collapsed Mortar And Pestle using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 1 Grandmaster Tinker's Spanner using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 1 Clockwork Watchman Gauntlets using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 1 Collapsed Toolkit using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 1 Steam-powered Piston using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)
                                Create 1 Anizok's Gauze Press using tradeskills. (Deliver 1)

Need to remove the ( 1 ) Steam-Powered Piston and replace it with a Collapsed Gnomish Recharging Kit. I found out the hard way after making a few pistons hoping the requirement was off, but ended up petitioning since all sites with this quest information says it requires the piston. GM was able to confirm that is wrong and that it dose indeed need the recharging kit.

Expert Mechanist Test completed 3-15-08 and Expert Trophy obtained.

Zilix.
                                Please post updates like this in the database update submission forum (as well). Also, what did the in-game quest call for?

Comment

Working...
                                X