This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithing

When looking at how I did it, remember I hate farming would rather xp in cash zones or farm cash items and buy the stuff in the bazaar

I am a 75 dark elf shadowknight

0-54 Abysmal Sea (freebie) Though TSS would be easier.
    55-90 Banded Mask
    91-102 Banded Cloak
    103-115 Banded Mail
    115-122 Embroidering Needle
    123-132 bile spine
    132-162 DoN tailoring container.

Farm/buy spiderling silks and low/medium pelts. Medium pelts are often cheaper in the bazaar but can be skinned to low quality pelts
    163 - 168 Fine Plate Bracer
    169 - 175 Fine Plate Gauntlets
    176 - 179 Fine Plate Helm
    180 - 188 Fine Plate Breastplate

Skyshrine is the best place for getting velium. Though crystal caverns was slightly closer if you were short of time.

189 - 222 Enchanted Velium Bits
    I also tried making the ethereal metal rings at 210 skill, but given the ease of getting velium bits there wasn't really much point to doing it.

I wouldn't recommend doing the aid grimmel quest like I did to get to 225, it was quicker than farming swirling shadows, wailing and shieking substances though when I had a wizard to port me back and forth.

Sunshard pebbles - they are commonly sold from 30-55pp, my buyer bought tons for 20pp each.

convert them to Copper conduit with a 182pp ore - 210 trivial jewelery or tinkering
    These can then be used in the following combines

This recipe uses two conduits
    Copper Conduit Small Core - 236 trivial jewelery or tinkering

233-239 Shining Energeiac Dagger

This recipe uses three conduits ~750pp per attempt
    Copper Conduit Large Core -250 jewelery trivial

240 - 255 Shining Energeiac Lance
    I didn't go all the way to 255 as it was getting expensive, instead i bought steppes ore from the bazaar for <300pp each, need magic clay but thats easy enough to blag.

255 - 262 Smith Ceramic Clay

263 - 265 Shadowscream cloak (val shar quest)

100 tae ew blood + friendly enchanter got 4-5 skill ups
    50 combines at 289 didn't get me any skill ups

Don master symbol quest gave great skill up chances for me and thats what i did for the rest of the skillups
    Crushed diamond dust + shissar scales

Shame its 265+ is gonna change in the next month with the cultural changes, but until then this is pretty sweet for those with plenty of cash. Though probably not many crushed diamond dust left on bertox at the mo
    || Blacksmith 300 || Tailor 300 || Potter 300 || Jeweler 300 || Fletcher 300 || Baker 300 || Brewer 300 ||

Comment

• Love this guide. I have used it on all my tradeskilling toons. And i direct alot of people who are new to tradeskills to it. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Comment

• Smithing to 190 combine, easy farming

On Alla - Ciodaru and Kathryn- Ciodaru's Fifth Gift
        Here's part of the Ciodaru and Kathryn quest that yields a nice clicky +30 to non-wis/int stats. The whole quest is made up of tradeskill items at level 190 that can be bypassed by paying one of the trades NPCs in Crescent to do them for you. But since we're more interested in the skillups here at EQTraders, here are the smithing recipes. The farming is easy and can be done on various level mobs once you've done it once with Mesa mob drops, so you can either go low for easy drops, or try and find something you can xp on while farming. This particular round of combines gives three combines at 190 if you don't fail, so with just a bit of extra plat or farming you get three for just a bit more than the price of one. Thanks to Otswego on Alla for the write up on this;
        First off its Envenomed Athame.

Combine One - Envenomed Steel
        Smithing: Trivial 190
        -Earthen Ooze Slime
        -Recluse Venom Sac
        -Small Brick of High Quality Ore

Combine Two - Envenomed Steel Blade
        -Envenomed Steel
        -Thin Blade Mold

Combine Three - Envenomed Athame
        -Envenomed Steel Blade
        -Large Snake Fang
        -Large Snake Fang
        -Snake Skin
        I'm linking this one because smithing is my only TS below 190, but there are combines with similar farming/vendor purchase to combine yields for fletching, tailoring, baking, JC and pottery. Laeaddor, 75 mage, human tailor (300), M3, S3, M, GM, augs and charms, Stromm [and working on the rest]

Comment

• thank you for you time and effort..

I have used it to become

300+ baking
          200+ pottery
          188 + smithing

and will soon be using it to get brewing up

just a note to those who are doing baking I found that doing the tuna and crab recipes to get to 250 and then go strait for the misty thicket picnics till you max out your denmother rolling pin ( I hate to farm and this way had the least amount of it lol )

but agian thanks for the wonderful guild

Wiskaway

Comment

• Can also use :
            Glowing Green Silver is made via jewelcraft: 1 x Raw Silver + 1 x Lightstone + 1 x Section of Mesa Snake Pancreas, trivial 190.

Glowing Emerald Pendant is made via jewelcraft: 1 x Glowing Green Silver + 1 x Emerald, trivial 190.

for Jewelcraft.. first combine is all farmable, and is free =)

Comment

• Thank you for all the effort and hard work it is obvious that you put into this fantastic guide Secone. Appreciated very much indeed!
              Eddy 300 Baker, Brewer, Fletcher, Potter, 287 Jeweller, 252 Tailor, 221 Blacksmith.
              Sheddy
              Greett

Comment

• Will some of this get updates with some of the new things in there?

Comment

• This is 2 guides old. Version 5.0 is stickied at the top of this section http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=30177
                  Master Artisan Hidron
                  Veritable Quandary
                  Drinal

Comment

• oh why thank you very much.

Comment

• This guide is now OUTDATED. Please check the stickied guide at the top of this forum for the most recent version. -- Kyroskrane
                    Sir KyrosKrane Sylvanblade
                    Master Artisan (300 + GM Trophy in all) of Luclin (Veeshan)
                    Master Fisherman (200) and possibly Drunk (2xx + 20%), not sober enough to tell!
                    Lightbringer, Redeemer, and Valiant servant of Erollisi Marr

Comment

• Working...
                      X